Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Hindu!

Re: I am Hindu!

Dear members
    PL keep in mind the heat of furnace while discussing the coolness of a factory sitting in a Dalal street AC room .
    I find [ my cranky idea ] this in many a topics .

Exclamation Re: I am Hindu!

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Namaste Satay
    I felt that my point was to ask whether anyone succeeded by kicking out a$$es 'of others' (there is no end to the others) or whether it is desirable that every country develops this theme?
    Best

Om Namah Shivaya
    Oh?

Definitely, today's common hindu is not capable of doing such a thing. Other holier than thou hindus will see to it that even if a hindu just thinks about it that he gets shut down right away.
    satay

Duplicate removed
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste,

Definitely, today's common hindu is not capable of doing such a thing. 'Other' holier than thou hindus will see to it that even if a hindu just thinks about it that he gets shut down right away.
    Namaste Satay

This 'other' is all pervading, it seems; even there is 'other' among the Hindus. Eventually, who is not other? Let us agree to a common agenda and act.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by atanu; 03 September 2010 at 12:37 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post
    You can disregard this as I don't matter at all. But, I say that this is a dilema of the ages. There's posts by the vatican lately about how they hope that their next area of conquest would be Eastern Asia.
    Namaste Naya

Thank you for your post. In my opinion, you are right on to the Bull's eye, when you say 'this is the dilemma of the ages'. I would add that the world has never been there without problems.

Talking of now.

In North East part of India, the Indian forces are compelled to keep up a heavy presence. They, not by their own choice, occupy schools etc. and children suffer. So, Pastors from all over India, especially from the South, snoop down there and pick children for export to christian schools. There is now a law into making to stop this.

There are thousands of ways by which the Indian forces are in trouble. In Kashmir, against the insurgency doctored by Pakistan et al. In central parts of India, innocent Indian forces are killed by Naxalites. On the northern front, China occupies part of Pakistan occupied Kashmir and decalres the Kashmir as India occupied Kashmir.

No one Indian, staying in India, can remain unconcerned about the most horrendous difficulties that surround it from all sides and from within. The Indian Forces, regular and paramilitary, are bearing the brunt of this in North East, in North, in Central India -- and all over. Being in government duty, if i say that i am not concerned then, i am lying.

My parents were thrice displaced. And I have earlier spoken how Muslims actually saved my father. And in return, I saw my father give shelter to Sikhs at our premises, during 1984 riots in Delhi. I have directly seen the 1984 riots in Delhi from the centre. I had gone to see a movie with my friends and when I came out I was in the middle of a mini-riot.

So, i have learned enough (may be wrongly or rightly) to not attribute any cause to any group. That, in my opinion, only fuels fire and is based on ignorance of the long chain of Karma and Incarnation. I agree that the situation seems impossible and it may be truly difficult to have faith, the agonies such as "There would be no one left to defend the simple minds", however, belie lack of belief, IMO.

It's up to you how you wish to proceed, many have chosen peace...some have chosen to take a stand.

I believe, that in absolute peace and with faith on the Ritam of God, only a correct stand can be taken.

Om Namah Shivaya

Let us face the reality.

Over 10s of thousands of years the Hindu character of India has not been dented much.

Others had lots of chances from 200 AD till 1947 (Christian missionaries from 200 AD to 1947 and Islam from 9th century to 1947) during which India was not having a permanent boundaries.

Luckily they were limited to 5% christians and 30% muslims in undivided India. Now 15% muslims and 3% Christians in India.

Again if we see how fast the minorities are able to convert hindus - there is a sharp decline through 1947 -present.

Even without really bothering about the name hindu, we have been able to protect our culture and faith.

So I have full faith on the strength of Hinduism that it will survive the most trying period also.

But with spread of Indians and with the advent of virtual digital space what Hinduism has done to the world ?

I beleive the population following hinduism directly and indirectly may be huge and increasing fast. So the knowledge is spreading without even dedicated missionaries or physical motivation or coercing. And being the TRUE knowledge they will be able to withstand the social pressure also.

This is the mass who will ultimately dominate the world, sustain the Hindu culture, preserve the TRUE knowledge and decide the fate of India.

Rest are micro level activities, controlled by volatile politics and volatile space boundaries, which do not have easy solutions. Trying to force the solutions will force breakup into language, religion, caste based countries.

Pressure of the problems are huge and have bearings on the characters of the parties. I believe, these pressures will blurr the character of the parties (except for parties cultured by outside forces)

Hindus are more confident, assertive now (because of blooming economy) and do not hesitate to discuss their philosophies. And people are willing to listen also.

The inferiority complex was developed during the dark ages from 10th century to 1947, possibly till 1990.

Now - NO. We know what we are, what we can do and what we can achieve.

In the spiritual pyramid there are people in the satvik (bramhmanic) stage, in rajasic (Kshatriya & Vaisya) stage and tamasic (shudra) stage by guna (not by birth). Much of the population being in tamasic stage, this volatility will be high. The rajasic stage population rises and controls. The satvik stage preserves the overall direction of the society.

Hopefully we belong to satvik and rajasic stages. Definitely we are doings our bits to contribute positively.

Throwing out someone is a wish - a decision to be taken at highest level. Which national party will do that ? There is no answer

So at our level let us make hinduism stronger, the culture stronger, the nationalism stronger.

Love and best wishes

Vannakkam: Yes, I am Hindu! Although India is Mother, our faith goes far beyond national boundaries. If the Christians and Muslims had beaten it out of us collectively, there wouldn't be nearly 1000 North American temples put up in the last 40 years.

The other day at a secular function, I saw the pain in Christian faces. The Sri Lankan Tamil diaspora arrived here 30 years ago with a mix of Christian and Hindu families, maybe 30 % Christian. The Christians immediately had a place of worship while the Hindus had nothing, and were being gently coerced into Christianity by their 'friends'. Then we got our temple going, and the Christians got angry. Thirty years later I saw some of these same people at the secular function, a going away party. When the highly successful temple, now the focal point of the entire community, minus the Christians, was mentioned, I felt this collective cringe. Alas, what could have been, without those meddling westerners and a few hard core Hindus!

So even if India loses ground to other menaces like capitalism, and western non-culture, the 'shift' continues. I know several NRIs who got MORE interested after coming here. The old 'you don't know what you've got til it's gone' syndrome.

Aum Namasivaya

8. Cool Re: I am Hindu!

Great going on, Hinduism is always a target by others, and some great mind have to stop it
    What about the Hindu Leader
    No matter if it is Warrior they will be labelled as Hindu or Saffron Terrosist, if it is Pracharak they will be meligned with S** scandals.

Eastern Mind it is not easy what you said, it will alyaws took time, in USA Hindus get chance there with other Hindus coming forward.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Wink Re: I am Hindu!

namaste,

Just to clarify because there seems to be some confusion about my Original Post. I am not saying that we should 'throw' away 'all' non-hindus from India.

What I am saying is that those who want to leave or are creating trouble and asking for separate this and that...why can't those people (non-hindus who have a problem with india, its people, its culture, its heritage, its religion, its air, its environment, its roads or whatever it may be...) be thrown out or shown the door?

Why must a hindu always be the one to compromise to 'please' the non-hindu?

Now, let's put the practicality of that aside for the moment and look at the reaction on just this 'thought' on this hindu forum? I find that funny and the reaction of some here is proving my point!

As soon as a hindu thinks this way, others will lable him or compare him to an extremist, dictator or whatever. Yet, if I were a sikh or a muslim fighting for 'my' rights in India? That would be fine by all. Right?

But a hindu must smother himself (or other hindus will gladly do it for him) and take the 'high all prevading road'. Why?

If there is no 'other' then kicking the 'other' should not cause any pain.
    satay

Vannakkam Satay et al:

I am also a member of an India Travel group, and when the 'complainer' comes on, he or she gets told off pretty quick. "Just stay home," "Why bother coming here?" etc. etc.

But Hindus do need to stand up when push comes to shove. At least shut the door, or say, "This is the Hindu way. Like it or lump it." I remember hearing how in New york the muggers learned that Hindus are th easiest Targets of all. Sad, that. Yet it has been proven time and time again that the meek shall not inherit the earth.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information