Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: In defense of ISKCON.....

Smile Re: In defense of ISKCON.....

ISKCON believes in Dvaita Sampradaya with Chaitanya's Bhakthi Marga. They do a good job in spreading Sanatana Dharma. We believe that "Hariyum Sivanum Onnu" Such realisation also will come to the concerned people in due course by His Grace! Om Tat Sat!

Re: In defense of ISKCON.....

Quote Originally Posted by kahanam View Post
    They do a good job in spreading Sanatana Dharma.
    I don't doubt that.
    Pardon me, but I was discussing the issue with the "They" (atmarama108) - an ISKCON devotee.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté kahanam,

ISKCON believes in Dvaita Sampradaya with Chaitanya's Bhakthi Marga. They do a good job in spreading Sanatana Dharma.
    May I ask your opinion on this matter? Do you think this is a requirement or need of sanātana dharma or is it more indigenous to ISKCON. Any thoughts on this?

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Smile Re: In defense of ISKCON.....

I do not think that Sanatana Dharma forces anyone to do this or that. As human thought evolved, the longing to be one with the Lord increasd! Doing Karma without expectation of any reward purifies the thought. Then following Bhakthi Maarga, chanting the Names of the Lord, Navavitha Bhakthi,satsangha, surrendering to His Will all elevates the being further. Finally by His Grace, Gnana or true knowledge dawns.Moksha or liberation follows.The various Margas lead to the same goal including ISKCON!Only the routes differ!

I do not think that Sanatana Dharma forces anyone to do this or that. As human thought evolved, the longing to be one with the Lord increasd! Doing Karma without expectation of any reward purifies the thought. Then following Bhakthi Maarga, chanting the Names of the Lord, Navavitha Bhakthi,satsangha, surrendering to His Will all elevates the being further. Finally by His Grace, Gnana or true knowledge dawns.Moksha or liberation follows.The various Margas lead to the same goal including ISKCON!Only the routes differ!
    According to the teachings of Lord Caitanya, dharma, artha, karma & moksa are insignificant next to bhakti, or Krsna prema.

ISKCON believes in Dvaita Sampradaya with Chaitanya's Bhakthi Marga. They do a good job in spreading Sanatana Dharma. We believe that "Hariyum Sivanum Onnu" Such realisation also will come to the concerned people in due course by His Grace! Om Tat Sat!
    Lord Caitanya's philosophy is not simply dvaita - it is achintya bed abed tattva - ie simultaneous oneness and difference. It is some of both advaita and dvaita. That is why achintya, inconceivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    How can a faith based on the most sacred Hindu scripture, the Bhagwad Gita, define itself as being non-Hindu? Vaishnavism is part of Hinduism.
    Please can you show me the vedic scrpiture that refers to "hinduism"? It is simply a concocted word. The vedas do however speak of sanatana dharma, which translates as "The eternal religion". Therefore sanatana dharma is a more correct label if you need one. Religion is one, just as God is one - we have simply created so many different coverings...

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Lot of quotations are ascribed to Srila Praphupad without any basis/validity/proof and I cannot defend that practice. I have immense respect for Srila Prabhupad, as I do towards our other Acharayas.
    Here is a link about ISKCON & Hinduism if you are interested. http://www.salagram.net/IskconHinduism.html

Thread Information