Vannakkam all: Here is an update on the Madurai Meenakshi temple. They have changed their policy. They no longer have security posted at the spot where they have the sign "Only Hindus Beyond this Point' so anyone can walk right in. You might have to look like a Hindu by dress maybe. I'm not sure. However, there is still light security inside the premises and a metal detector check at all entrance ways. Besides that, ALL foreigners have to pay R50 (nominal) just to get in for the camera and gawking/hawking stuff. But once again, the only way this can be applied easily is by skin colour. A Hindu resident of USA for example could easily slip right in.

I also met a Christian archeologist and I asked him about going in to look around in his field. He told me that when he does that, he just lies about his name and changes it to Hari from David. In other words, if he's with someone, he gets them to call him Hari in case some security or temple official might here him. So name is important, but I would think that would be more true in India with Indian itself. Certainly, any Indian who has a Christian name is likely to be Christian. Here in the west it is different.

Aum Namasivaya