Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Radhastmi

Re: Happy Radhastmi

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    Namaste smaranam, and thanks.

I did figure out, after much agonizing and overthinking when and how Janmashtami falls. Asking my co-worker when his family was going to celebrate it helped. And of course now I know Radhashtami is exactly two weeks later.
    And now (I think) I figured out why Lakshmi Puja falls on Tues. Oct. 25 according to the temple calendar instead of Wed. 26 as all other "western" sites show.

OK, here we go... http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/...deepavali.html

I went down to http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/...li.html#Tithis

The bold italics are mine.

1. In northern India the main Diwali celebration is Lakshmi Puja on Amavasya. However, Lakshmi Puja is supposed to be done during a time period called Pradosha. It is the first 2/15 of the night, or about the first 1:36 hours after sunset. It is more important that it is done during the Amavasya tithi than during the Amavasya day, so as we will see below, it will sometimes fall on the Chaturdasi day.
    Chaturdasi ends 19:42 Oct. 25; Amavasya ends 15:52 Oct. 26. I presume Amavasya begins 19:43 Oct. 25 (the site says a tithi can be more or less than 24 hours).

Sunset on Oct. 25 is 18:05; if Amavasya (tithi) begins 19:43, that is 1:38 hours after sunset, when Lakshmi Puja should be done, making the temple calendar more accurate and true to the Hindu calendar than other sites. Well, I should hope so.

I know I've overthought this, but if I got it right, then I learned something. If I got it wrong, oh well... I'll just go by the temple calendar for holidays and take their word for it.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Pranam all

Radhe Radhe Radhe Shyam ko milade.

Happy Radhastmi

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Namaste,

Happy Radhaa-ashtami to all.

Pranam.

Jay Radhe!

Amazing evening at Bangalore ISKCON temple!

Radha is so merciful and i received a fruit prasad

Happy RadAstami!

Namaste

I see the postings from today after returning from a long Sunday outing, sadly I didn't even know it was Radhastami, the celebration of Radha's appearance day. But it is not too late to wish for all Her devotees the very Happy Radhastami, especially to my Vaishnava friends, and especially to the ISKCON devotees of the US and abroad on this day.

Early this morning, I was up at 4 am and giving devotion to various manifestations of Amman, in particular to Annapoorani Amman and Akilandeswari Amman. So tonight I call Radhe as Radhe Rani Amman, and always see Her with Krishna, with Her Ashta Sakhis who are Her eight friends intimately involved in Her lilas, and with Gomatha the Cow. This Apperance is a day of rejoicing for Gopala, Gomatha, and the Ashta Sakhis and to the Devotees.

Jai Radharani Devi Ki JAI!

Om Namah Sivaya

Pranam

The one who steels the heart of Madan Mohan, yes Srimati Radharani, her appearance day is upon us, this coming Ashtami (not very sure Thursday or Friday ) Iskcon calendar say Friday my Panchang say Thursday, which ever day,

Happy Radhastmi

Radhe Radhe Radhe Shyam ko milade

Jai Shree Krishna Jay Shree Radhe
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Thread Information