Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien (extra terrestrial) Religions

Alien (extra terrestrial) Religions

hello

Although there is no verifiable evidence that proves the existence of aliens, the probability of their existence is very high. Considering there are 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone, assuming that each star has at least 1 planet surrounding it, that is 400 billion+ planets. not to mention the number of galaxies in the observable universe (around 100 billion I believe). So assuming that aliens exist, and that they are sapient, do you think religion has formed in their culture? I for one believe that it is quite a possibility. Even if they are miles more advanced than humans. Cannot one still believe in a god. The way I conceive god is hard to describe. But it has been cemented in my head that "He" exists. So i'm just wondering what other people think on this subject, and if so, how the rituals would be different from ours, based on a variety of factors. Let us discuss the hypothetical

Namaste

Re: Alien (extra terrestrial) Religions

The shruti states, "anantAH vai vedaH"--"infinite are the Vedas", so the sonic vibrations of the Vedas must exist all through the universe (which in itself is only a partial manifestation of Brahman). Hindu PurANas also talk of BrahmA creating multiple universes using the Vedas.

Thus, if there are ETs with the capabilities of our Vedic sages, they would certainly have established a religion akin to Hindu Dharma on their planets. Even if they were less capable, they would likely have established religions akin to the Western.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Vannakkam Eric and Saidevo:

Here's my 'scientific take'. God is endless, the universe expands and contracts. Our souls exist on a planet, but that planet is finite. So if we are to continue evolving, or new souls are created in endless cycles, obviously once this planet dies, and before it got going, we souls had to and will have to live somewhere. The most obvious choice is another planet suitable for the evolution of the soul.

Aum Namasivaya

It would be a pretty interesting thing if we had contact with Aliens and they knew about the Vedas as well...

But one thing makes me think, would the scriptures also be in Sanskrit? I was never sure about the universality of Sanskrit.

Different worlds following the same tradition to transcendence, this would be a great concrete proof for the Vedas that would inspire religion even in those people that refute the Vedas with material logic.

I'm pretty sure this will happen in the next 5000 years.

Universe united in Hari!

namaste Pietro Impagliazzo.

Sanskrit is a language of sounds, which is the reason behind the time immemorial oral tradition of the Vedas. Today, Sanskrit has two scripts--devanAgari and grantha. So, there is a possibility that any Veda-knowing aliens would be following the oral tradition (or more advance, non-verbal, impressionistic forms of communication), but if they use a script to write down, it could be a different one as well, with the only requirement of the scientific organization of the letters and grammar of that script as with Sanskrit's.

ParamahaMsa Yogananda speaks about subtler worlds in different spheres in the chapter where he narrates his guru's post-portem physical manifestation for his sake.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

It is astounding that man, the instigator, inventor and vehicle of all these developments, the originator of all judgments and decisions and the planner of the future, must make himself such a quantité négligeable. The contradiction, the paradoxical evaluation of humanity by man himself, is in truth a matter for wonder, and one can only explain it as springing from an extraordinary uncertainty of judgment — in other words, man is an enigma to himself. This is understandable, seeing that he lacks the means of comparison necessary for self-knowledge. He knows how to distinguish himself from the other animals in point of anatomy and physiology, but as a conscious, reflecting being, gifted with speech, he lacks all criteria for self-judgment. He is on this planet a unique phenomenon which he cannot compare with anything else. The possibility of comparison and hence of self-knowledge would arise only if he could establish relations with quasi-human mammals inhabiting other stars.
    Quoted from 'Civilization in Transition' by Carl Gustav Jung.

I have a personal theory that during the apogee of this brief golden age we're currently in, humans of Earth will have contact with humans from other worlds. And since it's still Kali Yuga, the means of travel and contact will be purely physical, however still hihgly beneficial.

My personal theory is that the peculiar characteristic of this brief age of Truth is the encounter of both technological and spiritual advancement (hence this thread). However, I fear that this very astounding technological advancement will also bring the fall of mankind once again, therefore the end of this brief age and the continuation of Kali Yuga as it was.

Hi Eric

Although there is no verifiable evidence that proves the existence of aliens, the probability of their existence is very high.
    The probability of alien life elsewhere depends on the process by which life formed, which is not well understood.

There are thought to be 10 to the power 22 planets in the universe. However if the probability of life arising on any one of them turns out to be say 10 to the 30 then that'll make it 10 to the 8 or 100 million to one against there being any other life anywhere else in the universe.

It's like saying hey I've bought a thousand lottery tickets this week, I'm sure to win, when in fact the chances of winning are of a far higher probability against.

See the nice article on the Fermi paradox on Wikipedia- on why no contact with aliens has been made.

Sean

chances may be variable ranging from highly likely to almost impossible

however if there are alien races they may be evolved in a way that we have not achieved yet. therefore it'd only be wise if they stay away from us for as long as we're possibly demonic in nature.

remember that they also have different manners, and they might be proud of theirs. so if they still have less evolved souls around it would bring conflict. especially since the scapegoats of society would be the out of earthers, if not immediately.

Interesting topic.

well there does seem to be a lot of "proof" floating around the net which confirms alien existence and presence on the earth.

they exist even nearer than thought..the moon. please read Ingo Swann's Penetration.its a free e book available on net.

if the mod permits there is a lot of things which could be discussed,may be we can have a separate thread for it.

Hitler's love for Indian and Tibetan culture thru WWII had a lot to do with their secret society and their contact with Aliens from the planet Aldeberan,Taurus constellation. It seems the aliens used to transmit their knowledge to these mediums psychically and which led to germans reportedly making flying saucers. Interestingly the mediums said the aliens used to transmit their knowledge in an Eastern language. now which language could this be...Sanskrit??

No wonder Hitler thought of himself as an aryan

Vannakkam : Since the advancement of technology is an intellectual process, and the advancement in spiritual matters is not an intellectual process, I believe that the aliens on other planets would be a varied bunch. there may be some who are technologically advanced but spiritually bankrupt, and there may also be some who are spiritually advanced but technologically bankrupt.

I just hope that if, and when this planet makes contact, it is with a group of could who have some common sense. Otherwise it could be short story.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information