Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alien (extra terrestrial) Religions

Re: Alien (extra terrestrial) Religions

According to the Rig-Veda, an ancient king of India named Salva, acquired a flying machine from Maya Danava, who lived in Taltala, another planetary system. This and many other parts of the Sanskrit texts indicate that extraterrestrial life was a common knowledge at that time.

One might argue that the references to flying machines and beings from other planets are just a symbolic way to depict the Hindu gods, but the fact that five thousand years ago the Indian civilization already knew about different planetary systems, admitted life in other planets, could envision air machines powered by engines and pulses, is intriguing enough. It’s important to remember that only fairly recently did the western world admit that the earth isn’t the centre of the universe and even today some people find it impossible to imagine life in other planets.

Vedas are called Apaurusheya meaning ‘NOT of human origin’, and only the contents of which were directly revealed to man.
    http://www.ancientaliens.biz/tag/maya-danava/

most is not all religions say that the gods came from above and mixed with us humans..the oldest civilization say's that we humans were manufactured to be slaves to mine minerals for them ..until the great flood and as being human rebelled agains't them..

i believe that there is other forms of intelligent life in the universe and that we humans are really not native to this planet anyway ..like many of the ancient clay tablets suggest..

but all in all there had to be a supreme creative intelligence to get the ball rolling
    in our existence and other forms of intelligent life in the universe.

the same power exists and is called many names here and throughout the universe

jai kali ma

Yes Mahax, I think it's foolish to think that God is an alien.

For the abrahamic strictly personal and partial God concept, it's a not surprise that someone sees God as a regular person. But all Hindu sects even personalists, dualists understand that God is inconceivable and the attribute of being a personality does not equal being human.

It's also foolish to think that the only human-like race is us and from this planet alone.

Dear Friend,

The story of Shalva is also mentioned in the video[partially]
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfm...dwaraka_webcam

and this is also very beautifully described in many places in our sacred books...some of the prominent ones where detailed description can be found are

Srimad Bhagawata: 10th Canto 76th Chapter
    Mahabharatha: Vana Parva, 3rd section

First of all a brief summary and the important parts of the story

Summary: Sri Krishna was attending the Rajasuya yagna, performed by Dharmaraja in Indraprastha...at the end of the yagna, the "Agra pooja"[pooja done to the most noble person present] was to be performed...everyone including Bheshma suggested that only Sri Krishna is the one who is eligible for this pooja...Shishupaala and his friends opposed this idea as he was against Sri Krishna[Rukmini's brother Rukmi had promised Rukmini's hand in marriage with Shishupal, but Sri Krishna had eloped Rukmini]...Sri Krishna had promised Shishupala's mother that 108 mistakes committed by him would be forgiven....Shishupala had crossed the limit and thus Sri Krishna with Sudarshana chakra killed him....

Shalva was a very close friend of Shishupala...when he got to know about this news, [some say he approached Parameshwara and Parameshwara redirected him to Maya, the architect for Danavas]...once Shalva met the Danava architect Maya, he requested him to build this spaceship as follows...

bahu-rūpaika-rūpaḿ tad
    dṛśyate na ca dṛśyate
    māyā-mayaḿ maya-kṛtaḿ
    durvibhāvyaḿ parair abhūt
    SYNONYMS

bahu — with many; rūpa — forms; eka — with one; rūpam — form; tat — that (Saubha airship); dṛśyate — is seen; na — not;ca — and; dṛśyate — is seen; māyā-mayam — magical; maya — by Maya Dānava; kṛtam — made; durvibhāvyam — impossible to find; paraiḥ — by the enemy (the Yādavas); abhūt — it became.
    TRANSLATION

At one moment the magic airship built by Maya Dānava appeared in many identical forms, and the next moment it was again only one. Sometimes it was visible, and sometimes not. Thus Śālva's opponents could never be sure where it was.
    [http://vedabase.net/sb/10/76/21/en]

kvacid bhūmau kvacid vyomni
    giri-mūrdhni jale kvacit
    alāta-cakra-vad bhrāmyat
    saubhaḿ tad duravasthitam
    SYNONYMS

kvacit — at one moment; bhūmau — on the earth; kvacit — at one moment; vyomni — in the sky; giri — of a mountain;mūrdhni — on the top; jale — in the water; kvacit — at one moment; alāta-cakra — a whirling firebrand; vat — like; bhrāmyat— wandering; saubham — Saubha; tat — that; duravasthitam — never remaining in one place.
    TRANSLATION

From one moment to the next the Saubha airship appeared on the earth, in the sky, on a mountain peak or in the water. Like a whirling, flaming baton, it never remained in any one place.

[http://vedabase.net/sb/10/76/22/en]

Thus this vehicle which was a spaceship + submarine + land-rover was designed and build by Maya...using this Shalva tried to attack Dwaraka, when Sri Krishna was still in Indraprasta...Pradhyumna, the son of Sri Krishna and Rukmini, fought bravely till Sri Krishna got back...and once Sri Krishna got back to Dwaraka,

tām āpatantīḿ nabhasi
    maholkām iva raḿhasā
    bhāsayantīḿ diśaḥ śauriḥ
    sāyakaiḥ śatadhācchinat
    SYNONYMS

tām — that; āpatantīm — flying toward; nabhasi — in the sky; mahā — great; ulkām — a meteor; iva — like; raḿhasā — swiftly; bhāsayantīm — illuminating; diśaḥ — the directions; śauriḥ — Lord Kṛṣṇa; sāyakaiḥ — with His arrows; śatadhā — inhundreds of pieces; acchinat — cut.
    TRANSLATION

Śālva's hurtling spear lit up the whole sky like a mighty meteor, but Lord Śauri tore the great weapon into hundreds of pieces with His arrows.
    [http://vedabase.net/sb/10/77/13/en]
    Sri Krishna killed Shalva as it was told in the video...
    ādhāvataḥ sa-gadaḿ tasya bāhuḿ
    bhallena chittvātha rathāńgam adbhutam
    vadhāya śālvasya layārka-sannibhaḿ
    bibhrad babhau sārka ivodayācalaḥ
    SYNONYMS

ādhāvataḥ — running toward Him; sa-gadam — carrying his club; tasya — his; bāhum — arm; bhallena — with a special kind of arrow; chittvā — severing; atha — then; ratha-ańgam — His disc weapon; adbhutam — wonderful; vadhāya — for the killing; śālvasya — of Śālva; laya — at the time of universal annihilation; arka — the sun; sannibham — exactly resembling;bibhrat — holding; babhau — He shone; sa-arkaḥ — together with the sun; iva — as if; udaya — of the sunrise; acalaḥ — the mountain.
    TRANSLATION

As Śālva rushed at Him, the Lord shot a bhalla dart and cut off his arm that held the club. Having finally decided to killŚālva, Kṛṣṇa then raised His Sudarśana disc weapon, which resembled the sun at the time of universal annihilation. The brilliantly shining Lord appeared like the easternmost mountain bearing the rising sun.

[http://vedabase.net/sb/10/77/35/en]

Some important points: Maya, the architect for Danavas has build many such space ships, space cities[Tripurantaka story]...mentioning of such highly sophisticated vehicles, machines, missiles, weapons, etc is very common...its only the so-called pseudo-modern scientists of today who are under the illusion that they are advanced...where as on the contrary they are light years behind.....

Namaste, Eastern Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam Eric and Saidevo:

Here's my 'scientific take'. God is endless, the universe expands and contracts. Our souls exist on a planet, but that planet is finite. So if we are to continue evolving, or new souls are created in endless cycles, obviously once this planet dies, and before it got going, we souls had to and will have to live somewhere. The most obvious choice is another planet suitable for the evolution of the soul.

Aum Namasivaya
    It is noteworthy that you say that "new souls" are created in endless cycles. If I am not mistaken the traditional view (per Dharma) is that there are no new souls: the soul is eternal, as it were.

But I am actually in agreement with you. Nor are we the only ones to think this way. If I'm not mistaken Sri Aurobindo believed new ego-consciousnesses arose from the "Inconscience" - that mass or void depicted somewhere in the Rg-Veda from which all the potentialities of this world come to be.

In the Mundaka Upanishad we have that well-worn story of two birds in one tree: the individual I or jiva consciousness, and the Witness-consciousness who is supposed to be Ishvara or Brahman or Paramatman (I am not sure which).

Is it perhaps that it is the witness consciousness which is really eternal, and it is the first bird, always desiring and grasping, which is the outcome of fluctuating potentiality?
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    Namaste, Eastern Mind

It is noteworthy that you say that "new souls" are created in endless cycles. If I am not mistaken the traditional view (per Dharma) is that there are no new souls: the soul is eternal, as it were.

But I am actually in agreement with you. Nor are we the only ones to think this way. If I'm not mistaken Sri Aurobindo believed new ego-consciousnesses arose from the "Inconscience" - that mass or void depicted somewhere in the Rg-Veda from which all the potentialities of this world come to be.

In the Mundaka Upanishad we have that well-worn story of two birds in one tree: the individual I or jiva consciousness, and the Witness-consciousness who is supposed to be Ishvara or Brahman or Paramatman (I am not sure which).

Is it perhaps that it is the witness consciousness which is really eternal, and it is the first bird, always desiring and grasping, which is the outcome of fluctuating potentiality?
    Vannakkam Kismet: I don't know the traditional view. I think, but am probably wrong, that there is more than one.

In my observations, the idea of young and old soul just explains a lot. I don't know how else one can explain the difference between a criminal and a guru, for example.

I also don't believe individual souls are eternal. I do think the essence of the soul, the Self, is identical in essence to Brahman, which is eternal. But that's not the soul. So at the end point is water into water, not salt into water, remaining forever 'different' in some way.

I agree with the Mundaka Upanishad view.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information