Thread: Time out for me.....

Time out for me.....

Since the psyche of this tired old body needs rest, I shall be away from the forum for a while. In the mean time,

1. Make every attempt to accommodate fellow Hindus. Hindutva means Hindu one-ness.
    2. Do not join any gangs - gangs of juniors/seniors/Indians/whites/others. A Lion walks alone, the sheep always travel in a herd.
    3. Do visit the Dharmic Discussion Sticky, if it is allowed to stand, from time to time and if you see a reflection of yourself in there, try to wean yourself away from the negative aspects. (No, Satay is not going to foot the bill for the Disneyland trip promised there)
    4. Don't compromise SD principles in favor of fleeting, mutual back slapping friendships.

May the good Lord watch over all of you.....
    Last edited by Believer; 26 September 2010 at 11:31 AM.

Re: Time out for me.....

good luck

Pranam

good luck have a good rest, unfortunately there is no rest for the wicked.

As for your sticky, unfortunately no 1 sticks to my guts, we Hindus should always pride in our ability to debate on strength off Guru Sadhu and shastra, otherwise we easily descend in to chaos.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    As for your sticky, unfortunately no 1 sticks to my guts, we Hindus should always pride in our ability to debate on strength off Guru Sadhu and shastra, otherwise we easily descend in to chaos.
    And I fully agree with you.

I meant to say that lot of people distort the meaning of the guru-shiksha, shashtras and sacred Sanskrit verses to bring it in line with their twisted thinking.

I meant no disrespect to our revered gurus - past and present, to the holy scriptures or to the pristine sacred Sanskrit verses. I will edit that line when I am allowed to. Thank you very much for pointing it out to me.

Be well, Believer!

~S

I hope you find many truths and peace during your absence.
    May the Supreme Spirit illumine us!

Is it a upabas (fasting) for the mind ?

Anyway it is good to detach and check the balance.

Love and best wishes

Thread Information