Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Wishes

Best Wishes

Namaste Friends

As noted in another thread, i become emotional and egoistic when defending good names of Hindu teachers from being besmirched. As that condition is not going to change, i withdraw myself from the forum, for keeping my peace.

Thanks to all HDF members and Satay.

Best Wishes to all.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Re: Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Namaste Friends

As noted in another thread, i become emotional and egoistic when defending good names of Hindu teachers from being besmirched. As that condition is not going to change, i withdraw myself from the forum, for keeping my peace.

Best Wishes to all.

Om Namah Shivaya

Oh !!! No !!!

Do not leave us. No one is perfect. We all are here to improve ourselves by learning from each other.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!

Love and best wishes

i withdraw myself from the forum, for keeping my peace.
    good luck with both the noble objectives.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Namaste Friends

Best Wishes to all.

Om Namah Shivaya
    I agree with Kallol, please don't go! We cannot afford to lose your insight and teaching. Please, reconsider your decision, and if you must go for now than perhaps you would be able to come back at some point in the future.

dear atanu ji'
    please,we do not want the sane voice of hdf to go silent.
    i was told as a boy --the elephant doesnt bother about the barks of the dogs when it walks the street.
    please reconsider yr decision.
    regards
    rk

namaste Atanu.

I understand your anguish and hope that time will heal it. I won't ask you to reconsider your decision to quit this time, but I feel you might rest a while like TTA and then come back.

May guru RamaNa and Parameshvara give you the peace you are looking for in action and inaction.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Do as you want, but you will be missed. Perhaps take a timeout and post now and then.
    There is a Guru in each of us. It is the Atma principle. It is the Eternal Witness functioning as Conscience in everyone. With this Conscience as guide, let all actions be done. (sss20-15)

Namaste Friends

Best Wishes to all.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Namaste All,

Sorry friends, I decided to go silent some time back. However, Atanu's decision to depart is something which compelled me to write something.

Uncalled for attacks on revered saints that too in derogatory overtones by some our friends on this forum has what pained me a lot here. This when comes from a born Hindu (who is supposed to be aware of finer points of spirituality that we all boast of) is highly shocking.

I could not find the thread which was the bone of contention for which Atanu has decided to leave. However, what I remember is that there was an article by some foreinger who had described Shri Ramkrishna in a highly derogatory way & has branded many great saints in HInduism in bad light. I would like to comment something here :

a) Let's remember that true knowledge is not gained by reading books or getting degree in a college. It is gained only by direct experience. The true meaning of scriptures cannot be understood only by literal meaning of that scripture unless one has experienced One-ness with the soul who authored that scriptures. Therefore, in Hinduism we don't give credence to the meaning of scriptures as told by a university scholar unless that matches with the meaning told by some God-realised saint.

b) The above point must be understood carefully because here we differ greatly from Abrahimic religions. In Abrahimic religion, you can get a Ph.D. on the Bible or Q'uran and your word is taken for granted as the true meaning of the scriptures. And the results are the genocides made in the name of cristianity. Judaism & Islam & never ending hatred against fellow human beings. That is how spiritually bankrupt people like Zakir Naik become hero of the masses.

c) The scholar who was quoted by Atanu refers to Shri Ramkrishna again and again as illiterate as if it was shocking for him to accept that an illterate person could be taken so seriously ! That only shows his spiritual bankrupcy. The truth is that Sri Ramkrishna is a Ph.D. in spirituality by dint of his being God-realised whereas this university trained person is an illiterate in spirituality. In India we have thousands of such great saints who could be called illiterates. However, this cannot be accepted by those who never had any serious encounter with mysticism which is the real spirituality & that goes beyond the boundaries of religions.

Those who take pleasure in belittling and bad-mouthing Sri Ramkrishna, Swami Vivekananda or any other mystic, would do great service to themselves if they devote more time to study Upanishads or any Vedantic literature & make themselves aware of the inherent teachings contained in them.

Showing disgrace to Sun doesn't make us greater than the Sun.

Note for Satay :

My request to you is to control such uncalled for attacks. There is no one here who can be regarded closer to status of Sri Ramkrishna, Swami Vivekananda, Ramana Maharishi etc. even by a distance of thousands of mlies & therefore no one is competent enough to speak ill of them.

No true seeker would accept such attacks on revered mystics.

Best wishes to you all ...

devotee
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Pranam Atanu ji

i can understand your reasons to want to quit but i thought you were a fighter, Satay ji is a great admin here, therefore i was also surprised that he chose to support the Western devotees, not that is anything wrong with it but in his post he came across saying not to attack western scholars personally but he found ok that revered gurus can be vilified yet expect their devotees to remain unemotional. I am sure he did not mean that way but that is the affect of vak.

this forum would be poorer without you in fact i will have to consider my continued presence here and may join devotee ji in vanvas.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Forgive my own inability to cipher through much of what was posted and then to come up with something which would not be discounted for my own illiteracy. Also there is a flu here and being so far into the fasting...I got it very badly.

Once upon a time I was called many names here on this forum...things said to me, not even the lowest being would say to me in real life.

It was then I realized that no matter how hard you try, there will always be ones to come along to derail your progress...try to steal your peace.

I had only two choices. Leave and do not allow them to derail me. Or...
    Stay and do not allow them to derail me.

See...leaving or staying here isn't the real thing which prevents them from destroying your peace. It's you...and pehaps hugs from friends.

So here is a hug, from someone you would hopefully consider a friend.
    Hugs<3

Thread Information