Thread: Bhumi Project (:

Bhumi Project (:

Namaste,
    By accident I found organization 'Bhumi Project', which wants to help hindus around the world be aware of being green. What do you think? Would you support this organization?

And lastly, are you living green life?

I think being green is great debate, even though Hinduism teaches about it & did it for thousands of years, many people are just now aware of how earth is in danger. Still there are many who are still ignorant about this. In my opinion it's really awesome there are such organizations as 'Bhumi Project'

Have a nice day,
    ~Alice

Re: Bhumi Project (:

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAlisija View Post
    Namaste,
    By accident I found organization 'Bhumi Project', which wants to help hindus around the world be aware of being green. What do you think? Would you support this organization?

And lastly, are you living green life?

I think being green is great debate, even though Hinduism teaches about it & did it for thousands of years, many people are just now aware of how earth is in danger. Still there are many who are still ignorant about this. In my opinion it's really awesome there are such organizations as 'Bhumi Project'

Have a nice day,
    ~Alice
    Dear SA,

The way of life of India is green. It is best reflected in rural India. Because by nature Indians are green, the urban India has an inclination towards that.

Now to the highlighted part. It is a misnomer that earth is in danger. Earth is the base, on which we are there. Before anything happens to earth all the living beings out of earth will be affected.

We humans might be the first batch, which will be affected most.

So let us be sure that it is we who will be wiped off if and when the earth reacts to our misdeeds.

And that will be - as we are destabilising the equillibrium of the nature. Now the earth has to react to settle down to a new equillibrium. And that equillibrium might not e suitable for us !!!!!

Love and best wishes

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

The 'greenest' nations in the world:

Here is a list of the top 25. Unfortunately India is 104 out of a list of 141 countries. This is from the World Fact Book. This site if one wishes to review their nation is here:
    http://www.photius.com/rankings/greenest_countries_2008.html

1. Finland
    2. Iceland
    3. Norway
    4. Sweden
    5. Austria
    6. Switzerland
    7. Ireland
    8. Australia
    9. Uruguay
    10. Denmark
    11. Canada
    12. Japan
    13. Israel
    14. Italy
    15. Slovenia
    16. France
    17. Netherlands
    18. Portuga
    l19. New Zealand
    20. Greece
    21. Germany
    22. Latvia
    23. United States
    24. Lithuania
    25. United Kingdom

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Vannakkam SA: I think being as green as you can be given the circumstances you are under is the goal. For example, here in the west we are primarily a car culture. That is the reality because of the way infrastructure was set up. But that does not mean we drive some massive gas guzzler? No. We can choose to drive a small fuel efficient car, and pray for the day the infrastructure can be better from real green renewable energy. It is a noble goal and takes a person's honest look at himself. By that, I mean that a lot of people 'think' they're green when they're not. Electricity is a good example, as some electricity comes from non-renewable sources, so is really dirty electricity. Driving an electric car under those circumstances isn't very green at all.

Outside of changing our own behaviour, the best we can do is vote for a party that has a lot of green policies. Trying to influence others is a bit like trying to convince a smoker to quit. Its pretty much outside of our power.

Aum Namsivaya

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

The 'greenest' nations in the world:

Here is a list of the top 25. Unfortunately India is 104 out of a list of 141 countries. This is from the World Fact Book. This site if one wishes to review their nation is here:
    http://www.photius.com/rankings/greenest_countries_2008.html

1. Finland
    2. Iceland
    3. Norway
    4. Sweden
    5. Austria
    6. Switzerland
    7. Ireland
    8. Australia
    9. Uruguay
    10. Denmark
    11. Canada
    12. Japan
    13. Israel
    14. Italy
    15. Slovenia
    16. France
    17. Netherlands
    18. Portuga
    l19. New Zealand
    20. Greece
    21. Germany
    22. Latvia
    23. United States
    24. Lithuania
    25. United Kingdom

praṇām
    The carbon quotient per person per year for India is one of the lowest.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...7jpeRQbA#gid=0

Check the site

Article on the same

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...-person-capita

Again the Industrial growth and the necessity to grow the economy has taken precedence, though the awareness and the efforts towards green is all over the places.

Love and best wishes

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast

Note I am not finding fault with India... I am recognizing the challenges they like most countries have , as of late.

Also being there for some time, I experienced the difficulties of breathing while in traffic.
    • Industrialization and urbanization have resulted in a profound deterioration of India's air quality. Of the 3 million premature deaths in the world that occur each year due to outdoor and indoor air pollution, the highest number are assessed to occur in India. According to the World Health Organization, the capital city of New Delhi is one of the top ten most polluted cities in the world. Surveys indicate that in New Delhi the incidence of respiratory diseases due to air pollution is about 12 times the national average.
    • While India's gross domestic product has increased 2.5 times over the past two decades, vehicular pollution has increased eight times, while pollution from industries has quadrupled. Sources of air pollution,
      • India's most severe environmental problem, come in several forms, including vehicular emissions and untreated industrial smoke. Apart from rapid industrialization, urbanization has resulted in the emergence of industrial centers without a corresponding growth in civic amenities and pollution control mechanisms.
    praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Dear Yavanji,

Just like the different phases of any human life, the life of the country also goes through similar phases, albeit a bit slowly.

India got rebirth in 1947 and is in the adolescence phase. I am sure with the spiritual advancement it had it it's aerlier life, it would be able to mature fast and lead in this aspect also.

However the conditions of India is the most complex structure we ever know. It is a smaller Europe staying together as a country but with triple the population. Every 200 kms we go, everything changes - food, culture, habits, traditions, etc. Again it is the one of the most open societies, where arguments and opposition is the way of life. But still it a democracy - may be only this can hold it together. But a chaotic democracy.

Inspite of this it is rising again - and that is the power of the minds.

I am sure in some centuries, with the past wisdom, India will be one of the leaders in aligning with the nature again.

Love and best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by kallol View Post
    Dear SA,

The way of life of India is green. It is best reflected in rural India. Because by nature Indians are green, the urban India has an inclination towards that.

Now to the highlighted part. It is a misnomer that earth is in danger. Earth is the base, on which we are there. Before anything happens to earth all the living beings out of earth will be affected.

We humans might be the first batch, which will be affected most.

So let us be sure that it is we who will be wiped off if and when the earth reacts to our misdeeds.

And that will be - as we are destabilising the equillibrium of the nature. Now the earth has to react to settle down to a new equillibrium. And that equillibrium might not e suitable for us !!!!!

Love and best wishes
    What occurred me was the following question: Can you truly love the Earth being raised in completely dettachment from it?

We are raised in an environment where Earth is just a provider of goods. All we do is take, explore, subdue. The Earth is far away, we have no contact with pure air, with green, with soil.

What are we experiencing right now in the world couldn't be classified as hipocrisy by a closer look? Like we're suffering from a Stockholm syndrome since now we're hostages from our own acts.

We don't love Earth, we were not raised to love Earth. How can we love something we have no idea what it is?

Isn't the solution a complete revolution in how our society is structured? The end of perverse industrialism, the holding back of population growth, the teaching of real compassion to all entities (like the Vedas)?

Otherwise what are we going to save the planet for? So it continues to be run by asuras?

Real change then seems much more difficult than the already practically impossible material changes that need to be made so we're not wiped off the surface.

What are your opinions on this?

Om Tat Sat

Thread Information