Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vadiraja's refutation of non-dualism

Re: Vadiraja's refutation of non-dualism

I will just give an analogy here....

So, just how you believe that "Advaita" is disapproved after just reading RKannan1's post alone and made a sarcastic comment, the truth is not just that.

Advaita may not be the right understanding of Vedanta as per dvaita philosophy but for many more reasons and they are not mere sentimental or emotional justification of few unqualified people.

But the point is, YES in shruti vakyas, it is Lord Vishnu or Lord Narayana who bears all the names and only the contextual understanding of what such a name refer to as in the subject will give you identity of the actual person. It is not a secret and i believe it is not that you are unaware of. If you are unaware of it, then it is a different topic to discuss altogether.

Just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga View Post
    Hmmm. When the Vedas mention Indra, the true meaning is Narayana; and when the Upanishads mention Brahman, the true meaning is Narayana; therefore Advaita is disproved.

Re: Vadiraja's refutation of non-dualism

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga View Post
    Hmmm. When the Vedas mention Indra, the true meaning is Narayana; and when the Upanishads mention Brahman, the true meaning is Narayana; therefore Advaita is disproved.
    Vaishnava Dvaita/Vishishdvaita:

Indra = Narayana. Purusha = Narayana. Brahman = Narayana. Paramatman = Narayana. Ishwara = Narayana. Bhagwan = Narayana.

Shaiva Dvaita/Vishishdvaita:

same but replace with Shiva and add Agni = Shiva

Shaiva Monism:

Shiva = All in All

Looks like people are ignorant of what Rishis like Agastya and Markandeya were trying to convey.
    Last edited by Kumar_Das; 13 July 2010 at 08:23 AM.

Thread Information