Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Brahman God ? or Brahman + Maya combined is God ?

Re: Is Brahman God ? or Brahman + Maya combined is God ?

Quote Originally Posted by kallol View Post
    Where is the TRUTH ?

Should we understand both or only Brahman ?

love and best wishes
    Namaste kallolji
    To my understanding Brahman is Advaita , therefore maya or jeeva or prakriti is the base for advaita . For simple explanation , if we take the natural gas it can be compressed to liquid form CNG , similarly if air can be compressed to solid form , it shall give the idea of dvaita . Brahman being the sole source of live energy as chetan prakriti gives birth to solid earthen form as jada prakriti . This jada prakriti as receptor gives birth to maya with chetan prakriti as donor or say purusha[ brahman] .

Thanks to all. This had been a beautiful and enlightening discussion.

Love and best wishes

Last month I had a dream that I was explaining to my mother the concept of Brahman and Prakrti.

At one point I turned to her and emphasized that Brahman is penetrating us right now and it's the very basis of our existence... At this point I saw a huge matrix of energetic lines that interconnected in energy spheres, the glow was a deep white with a very very subtle green tint (The Matrix? ), but it wasn't standing still, it was moving at an amazing speed, in an non-stopping rush.

While this sight was disturbing to witness with my material senses, something made me at peace, I knew that everything had a purpose to sit on it and while it looked chaotic judging by my inherited sense of order, intuition pointed to the understanding that the non-apparent order just wasn't perceivable yet.
    Last edited by Adhvagat; 18 February 2011 at 02:18 AM.

Red Face Re: Is Brahman God ? or Brahman + Maya combined is God ?

God is something relative,it varies from religion to religion.more importantly it is different to different individual according to their spiritual growth and spiritual aspiration.

vedantik sannyasi idolize nirguna brahma, ordinary devotees idolizes saguna brahma,highest form of devotees idolizes para-abara brahma etc.its all changes with spiritual progress and deeper understanding of truth.

maya is a term used only by vedantik to define the illusion. a illusion hold by,nurtured by advita brahma. according mayavada or neo-vedanta,....maya has no independent existance,but a dream or imagination of advita brahma.and entire creation has no spiritual existence.

but never mix the mahashakti(mahamaya) of tantra and the shakti (shibani) of saiva with maya of vedanta.

in saiva or tantra way....mahashakti is saguna brahma.the manifested one part(feet) of entire param-brahma.

paramabrahman(4 part or 4 feet) = nirguna brahman or para-brahman(3 feet) plus saguna brahman or apara-brahman(1 feet).

in neo-vedantic thought there is no concept of god or bhagaban. so never be confused god with neo-vedanta.

so ordinarily when speak about God,we speak about tantra/purana/saiva view of original vedas.

and for ordinary devotee,they worship saguna brahman as god.but gradually they ascend upto nirguna brahma.

little evolved souls,sannyasi worship nirguna brahma.

but true sadhaka/true jnani worship the para-abara brahman,the combined one and only brahman.....the highest god.as they see one in all and all in one.

brahmopalabdhi or nirbikalpa samadhi and bhaba-sidhi brings this realization.

even the worship of Radha-krishna in ragamarga is the worship of para-abara brahman.

jayaguru
    Last edited by anirvan; 28 February 2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: front size not readable

Dear Kallolji,because different school of philosophies,different nomenclature are used to define different concepts,so you are confused with words.

just like para,apara prakriti.these are terms used in sankhya yoga. sankhya teaches about single soul only that is tatastha(byasti tatva). atman = prakriti plus purush.
    Vdanta refers to entire entire manifest and un-manifest.the samasti tatva.

the concept of brahma,bishnu,maheswar said in purana are referred to only single brahmanda.they are the supreme deitis of a single brahmanda(universe).

mahashakti is reffered to saguna brahman....the mother of all brahmandas,the entire creation.mahashakti give birth to billions of brahmand and billions of brahma,bishnu,maheswar.thats why tantra called her maha-yoni.

saiva school says her as nada-bindu. nada( pranava...om) is again saguna brahma or maha shakti.bindu is shiva.

you can see always brahma or god is referred as twin.that means brahman is the unified form.thats why gita says him as EKAM-EBA-ADVITIYAM.

actually i am not good in explaining.so if any doubt,i will be more that happy to try to make you understand this concept clearly.

jayaguru

Where is the TRUTH ?
    "Brahman" is known by three types.
    1. Brahman is also known as Regions.
    2. Brahman is also known as Deitie, to which some says "God".
    3. Brahman is also known as Brahmand or Universe or The Triple Worlds.
    The "Brahman" which is known as Regions, has three parts.
    1. Sagun Brahm.
    2. Nirgun Brahm.
    3. Puran Brahm.
    The power which is residing only in "Puran Brahm" is only "Supreame God", the powers of Sagun or Nirgun brahm are also known as "God" but in the true sence they are not "God", in these lower regions there is combination of "Time" and "Maya" with pure brahm.

_/\_ Jasdir.
    "Everything is he, he is for Everyone, So to whom we can say.... is worse, As there is nothing other than Him." -Guru Nanak.

Dear jasdir,
    nirguna and saguna brahman are lower region?and combined with maya and time?

there is nothing like purana brahman,only saguna and nirguna brahman. baishnavitis gives a form to the brahman to describe the general peoples.and call them bishnu,mahabishnu etc.but brahman is formless.when it takes a form by his wish,he is called saguna brahman.and we call this saguna brahman as god.

and is there any difference between maya and time?

Quote Originally Posted by anirvan View Post
    and is there any difference between maya and time?
    "Maya" is "Net" created by "Time" for Man, rest everything which is created or total creation, other than "Man" is part of "Maya" for "Man" or in other language we can say, "Maya" is the wepon of "Time" for "Man."

"Maya" further has many shapes and weapons, You have been noticed the statues of "Mata" means "Maha Maya" in temples having so many weapons in many hands.

Anirvan ji, Truely saying if "Maya" (illusion), is the thing which could be understandable, than why somebody has given to this thing the name; "Maya" (illusion) ?

So, "Maya" is weapon created by "Time" for "Man",
    But, If there would be no "Man", than "Maya" alone do not have any importance.

Only "God" or the power who is residing in "Puran Brahm" can only help to overcome this "illusion".

Yes! the powers in the below regions have thier own importances, yes they can bless wordly things to "Man" but no "Salvation".

In the case of "Salvation" any power which is residing other than "Puran Brahm" is Nagitive power for "Man".

_/\_Jasdir.
    "Everything is he, he is for Everyone, So to whom we can say.... is worse, As there is nothing other than Him." -Guru Nanak.

Dear Jasdir ji,i can understand the points you want to emphasize, same time understand your philosophical way of thinking. your principal thought is vaishnavites. if you would study vedanta,then only you can properly simplify such discussion as nothing has more liberal and simplified view as vedanta.

see when you are talking about maya...it means its maya of vedanta which is illusion.there is no discussion of maya shakti or maata or any concept of god.
    in vedanta there is one and only Brahman.nothing else. when the wish to create arise ...that wish is called maya. and then brahman became saguna brahman.the part of brahman which still remains unmanifested is called nirguna brahman. maya is just a illusion or wish of saguna brahman. so there is no mention of puranabrahman or any shakti etc..in vedanta.

the things you have written is the view of sakar-vadi and visisthadvita and daitva vadi (like bhaktas and purana and vaisnavites) . that there is puranabrahman...the supreme god-head(mahabishnu,srikrishna etc).nirgunabrahman is the ang-jyoti of this god.sagunabrahman is still inferior to nirgunabrahman which comprises the creation.

Time doesn"t depend wheather man"s existence. nirgunabrahman is timeless as there is no action.it is unmanifested.the moment creation started...that means action started...time comes into view. as time is the difference between past and present.

purana is written in dwapara time for lesser developed peoples who can"t understand deeper meaning of vedanta.so many rupakas( metaphores) are given with pictures,stories to explain the higher tattva in simple manner.so plz don"t stress too much into the WEAPONS given to mayadevi etc. its simply metaphores.

hope you can understand what i mean to say.

jayaguru

Where is the TRUTH ?

love and best wishes
    Brahman reflected upon the mirror of Maya is God, while many Dvaitins and Vishishtadvaitins would surely disagree with me.

There is no right or wrong thing to do. Some people project their egos in the cosmos and see it as God, and worship Him/Her, and this may work for some people, but personally I would choose Gyana (knowledge) over Bhakti (devotion). I think it would be good to know about your traditions, and learn the examples set by the deities in our pantheon. However, at the end of it all, want neither this nor that, because the knowledge of Brahman is never attainable when you want Its knowledge.

Thread Information