Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Hindu elements try to break Sri Hanuman Idol

Anti-Hindu elements try to break Sri Hanuman Idol

Re: Anti-Hindu elements try to break Sri Hanuman Idol

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Wow, this is a most unfortunate incident. What's worse is that the offenders are our fellow Indians. You'd think that Indians would have more respect for Hinduism, the common religion that unites all of us as a culture. Just one point of confusion; I'm not sure what the author means when he says that "Hindus handed the Buddhists over to them." Are the criminals in this matter Buddhists? We're truly living in crazy times when Hindus and Buddhists can't get along in a country surrounded by Muslims and invaded by Christian missionaries.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    Wow, this is a most unfortunate incident. What's worse is that the offenders are our fellow Indians. You'd think that Indians would have more respect for Hinduism, the common religion that unites all of us as a culture. Just one point of confusion; I'm not sure what the author means when he says that "Hindus handed the Buddhists over to them." Are the criminals in this matter Buddhists? We're truly living in crazy times when Hindus and Buddhists can't get along in a country surrounded by Muslims and invaded by Christian missionaries.
    Hello Sanjaya
    I agree, it does sound like they are "Buddhist" but it doesn't seem to confirm why. I would be most surprised if the "youths" were acting on Buddhist principals at that time and would say that the article is rearly confirming that they couldn't be devotees of Hanuman.

In fact I hasten to add that we might observe that it is the gunas which act but we look for intelligence in people. There is rarely well thought out logic in people's negative behaviour and looking for it in such apparently senseless acts just becomes more emotionally frustrating (rajasic & tamasic)

Again it is the result of the karma of the country.

Just like some countries feed their people with anti India theories and then create a army of non-state actors.

In India we have created over the period of 60 years so called secular communities who do not know what hinduism is and hate the apparent visible part - the temples, deities, rituals, traditions, hindu history. But the same people will praise christianity and islam in the name of universality.

Aagin we have been reluctant to weed out the casteism and other divisions due to political reasons. This also help create the anger and hatred.

So it is no wonder that the ignorance we have sowed - will have to be reaped.

Love and best wishes

Indeed, they were two young buddhist men. Buddhist hate towards "pagan" religions is nothing new. The tibetan buddhists have masacred the people who practiced the traditional Bon religion of Tibet. Hindus are not allowed to perform Sandhyavandana if they want to visit a Buddhist meditation retreat nor to wear a necklace with the symbol aum. It's not very suprising that Buddhists have done this, all though it may come as a suprise, since this type of behavior is not in accordence with the teachings of the Buddha.

Imagine that, people claiming to adhere to what they do not follow.
    The Vedas declared that the son rescueth the father from a hell called Put. ~ Celestials [Sec. 231 of Adi Parva - Mahabharata]

Quote Originally Posted by Visvamitra View Post
    Imagine that, people claiming to adhere to what they do not follow.
    Heh, well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Hmm... that is shocking to say the least..

quick, where is that dope Deepak Chopra who said, "Have you ever heard of a Buddhist terrorist?"

The idiot had never heard of the Sri Lankan Buddhist "monks" who raped and killed the Sri Lankan Tamil women I guess. LOL..

Is Chopra comparable to the New Agers you find in the Western Occult community?
    The Vedas declared that the son rescueth the father from a hell called Put. ~ Celestials [Sec. 231 of Adi Parva - Mahabharata]

Quote Originally Posted by Visvamitra View Post
    Is Chopra comparable to the New Agers you find in the Western Occult community?
    Well that depends. You get a whole range of occultists here in the West. Some are extremely whacky, others almost seem reasonable until you talk to them for a few minutes. Deepak Chopra is a medical doctor. Whatever you may think of his philosophy and theology, he's an intelligent fellow, and isn't going to sound like the weirder people among the Western occult, because he can articulate himself and put forth some semblance of a sound argument. The problem with Chopra is that he's basically invented his own religion by trying to blend all of the world's religions together. I guess he's a Hindu because he was born that way, but you wouldn't be able to tell by listening to his views on spiritual issues. I don't know that he fits into a box.

On a sidenote, it always annoys me when these occultists start associating themselves with Hindus. They seriously need to get a real religion and stop making people think we're demon worshipers.

Thread Information