I have a specific doubt on parna timing of Vyanjuli Mahadvadasi that came on September 19, 2010 (Sunday).

I am in Delhi so I am considering Delhi, India local time.

In Delhi, according to Vaishnav Calendar the parna for this mahadvasasi was given to be between 6:12am to 7:32am on September 20, 2010 (Monday).

Now, it was still Dwadashi till 7:32am in Delhi on September 20, 2010. This means that parna was adviced within the dwadashi. But, it is said that "if ekadasi fasting is observed on a dvadasi, such as a vyanjuli or paksavardhini mahadvadasi or when there was no suddha ekadasi, then it should be broken while the trayodasi tithi is present." Similarly, it is mentioned that "if fasting is observed on a dvadasi day then the parana timings are calculated to be any time after sunrise the next day, but within one-third of the daylight hours and within the full trayodasi tithi."

This means that parna should have been done in Triyodashi after dwadashi had ended at 7:32am on September 20, 2010 and not before that.

However, as per Vaishnav Calendar calculation parna was advised within dwadashi between 6:12am to 7:32am on September 20, 2010 (Monday). Which seems to be wrong!!

I will be very grateful if someone could advice what is the correct way to interpret this case of parna timing.

Best regards
Raman