Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie Questions

Re: Newbie Questions

Vannakkam: A) From my view, desire for moksha is legitimate, but that too must fall in the end. Mostly it is the desire that supercedes all other desire.

B) No one is on a wrong path unless some of the codes of ethics are being broken. Business is just as legitimate as the next thing. It is no problem at all as long as its ethical.

Keep firing the questions. Providing answers always is a catalyst for clarity of mind. for any of us.
    Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by NormalName View Post
    I have another question (I'm better at questions than answers) tangentially related to the Gita (I figured it's better to keep my comments in this thread).

Essentially, my question is this: does it "count" if we are better able to detach ourselves from the "fruits" of our actions as we age?

Meaning, age bestows at least some inherent wisdom, it lessens the passions of the body, the "novelty" of life is reduced. Thus, does aging confer some "unearned" steps towards enlightenment, along the path that the Gita outlines?

In my own situation, I find it easier to have less strong attachments to ego, emotion, others, and so on. But this doesn't feel "earned" so much as simply "given" by the biomedical process of aging.

Any thoughts on this?
    Dear Newbie,

Body is designed in such a way to push towards the wisdom and the fial TRUTH. However the unfortunate part is that though it has been stated in many ways in our scriptures and epics, hardly a few people make use of it.

Love and best wishes

I think it is great that you asking questions about Moksha. It sounds like you don't like the idea of moksha or might not necessarily understand the idea of Moksha. Are you trying to attain moksha? HIndusim does not say we all need to attain moksha. I don't think there is necessarily a push for it. If there was a push for it none of us would make it. I think it is teaching us that there is such a thing and that it is possible to achieve moksha or liberation. To me when I think of moksha, it is essentially the highest state and you are liberated. I don't think anyone us are going to feel really liberated living in the material world. You have to take baby steps to get to moksha. Hence the ladder. Each step that you take that follows some type of spritual practice will guide your way to liberation. Are you taking those steps? Because If I jumped straight into the idea of moksha I will be a very discouraged person because I don't even know what it really is or means. I hope your spiritual practice will be your guide or measure. Moksha is and also means enlightened state. In each step you take through spiritual practice you see the light. Now if the all the light hits you once you are not going to know what it is right. I hope this helps!

Iksvakave
    Last edited by iksvakave; 10 April 2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: I getting frustated that this is not user friendly

Thread Information