Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: action and inaction...

Re: action and inaction...

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast

sunyata07 writes,

Also, another thing I want to ask is, if someone wants to move closer into the realm of inaction, how does he accomplish this without unconsciously moving into the realm good actions?
    This is an excellent question, Arjuna himself asks this ( in slightly different terms), and Kṛṣṇa informs us in the 48th verse , Chapt 2 of the bhāgavad gītā : yogastha kuru karmānī- established (or steadfast) in yoga ( union) perform actions (karma).

If one is steadfast in yoga, i.e. the Union of the Divine, possessed of the SELF then there is a new set of laws that come into being. This now is called skill in action.

The results of your action no longer bind you , your actions ( doesn't matter if they are deemed ~ good, bad~) are brought to the level of His actions. You have graduated out of being pushed and pulled about by the 3 guna-s ( verse 45 ) and the mind no longer is carried away by the turbulent senses ( verse 60) and an excess of desires.

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

>>>Does this mean that work with desired or expected results will always result in bondage?<<<
    The Answer from my side is: YES.

But! the work done with the desire or expectation of "God" or "To see God" or "To get rid from cycle of deths & births" or "To be one with "God" never devlop any bondages for man.

Don't do the work for sake of OTHERS,
    Always do the work for sake of "God" or "To see God",

There is lot of difference between doing work or service for the Sake of OTHERS or "GOD"

>>> how does he accomplish this without unconsciously moving into the realm good actions?<<<

Who are we to serve others ?
    Is this possible that "God" who has created this whole universe is unable to serve such little things ?
    This is a great folly, among WE peoples.
    Mostly we people do the service for the Sake of others as "God" is unable to do so.

>>> how do you begin to sacrifice yourself for others with even knowing it?<<<

In hinduism three kinds of services are Recommended They are service with TAN, MAN & DHAN.
    Service with TAN means: Service done with the Body
    Service with DHAN means: Service done with the Money
    Service with MAN means: Meditations (Samran)
    To compleate the means of full SERVICE it is very necessary that all these THREE SERVICES should done parllelly,

OTHERWISE!

If somebody is doing service only with TAN(body) & MAN(meditation) it means that he or she is demanding DHAN(money) for his or her done service ,

If somebody is doing service only with MAN(meditation) & DHAN(money) it means that he or she is demanding TAN(cure for sickness of body) for his or her done service,

If somebody is doing service only with DHAN(money) & TAN(body) it means that he or she is demanding MAN(name-fame) for his or her done service

Lord Krishna Once while giving tips on Spirituality told:
    Poorness, Dishonour & Sickness reciveve these three things as GIFTS while walking on the path of spirituality.

So,Sunyata ji,
    I hope this will be helpfull to you, to understand my point Smartly,

Your brother Jasdir.
    "Namaste"

Namaste,

Thank you both, yes, these points are very helpful to me. I will have to read over again the second chapter of BG. Thank you also for the new terminology, Jasdir.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Thread Information