Thread: Government versus temples

Government versus temples

Vannakkam: I saw this article.
    Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com
    MADURAI, TAMIL NADU, INDIA, October 27. 2010: Employees of Hindu temples in India, temples seized and now administered by the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Board, observed a “sit-in” strike today. They demand implementation of the sixth pay commission recommendations and pay parity with government employees, since the government runs the temples.

As a result, ticket sales at major temples was partially paralyzed. They included the Meenakshi temple and Sri Murugan temple at Tiruparankunram, Palani, Tiruchendur, Srivilliputhur, Alagarcoil and Ramanathaswamy temple at Rameswaram, Srirangam Ranganathaswamy temple, Sri Mariamman temple at Samayapuram and others. Ticket sales were also affected at Srirangam Ranganathaswamy temple and Sri Mariamman temple at Samayapuram.

Though authorities had made arrangements to issue tickets through sweepers and security staff engaged through agencies, ticket sales were almost nil. People had free darshan through special queues. In Rameswaram temple, the fee for bathing in various holy waters was not collected.

I hope these government workers get what is deserved. I still can't imagine what the Christians and Moslems would do if the government seized control of their buildings. In fact, I wish they would. The resulting furor might have them come to their senses about the temples.

Comments from HDF members in India?

Aum Namasivaya

Re: Government versus temples

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    I still can't imagine what the Christians and Moslems would do if the government seized control of their buildings. In fact, I wish they would. The resulting furor might have them come to their senses about the temples.

Comments from HDF members in India?
    Everyone knows where the safe boundary is. You can bash Hindu religion and Hindu symbols and Hindu holy sites and in the name of tolerance (more like blase' attitude of Hindus), no one would lift a finger. But no one dare do anything to the churches or mosques, lest you offend the sentiments of the minorities and provoke communal riots. Even EV Ramasamy, the supposed liberator of Tamil dalits would go and park himself in front of Hindu temples and and tell everyone that if you are poor and still believe in God/religion, then you are stupid; that Hinduism was keeping them down. He never dared to do the same in front of a church or a mosque. The anti-Hindu Govt. and the 'don't care Hindus' are fast eroding the sacredness of the religion and the temples are falling into a state of disrepair. Bottom line, the state/federal Govts. will never touch anything but the Hindu temples and will keep siphoning funds from the temple donations to support the places of worship of non-Hindus.
    Last edited by Believer; 31 October 2010 at 08:10 AM.

Vannakkam: More proof of the craziness...

http://www.organiser.org/dynamic/mod...id=381&page=12

What are some solutions? Just think of what we could do with 6 times as much money as we're getting at these temples. Old temples fall apart. while churshes and mosques get built from Hindu money. Maybe we could complain to the UN?

Aum Namasivaya

4. Re: Government versus temples

What are some solutions? Just think of what we could do with 6 times as much money as we're getting at these temples. Old temples fall apart. while churshes and mosques get built from Hindu money. Maybe we could complain to the UN? Aum Namasivaya
    There is less hope, but it is better then nothing. UN can do less, in previous years protection of Hindus from terrorism is gone and anti Hindu government has made Hindus as terrorist. Now victims are culprits and culprits are victims. This time even Ajmal Amir Kasab is included in census of India, idiot government, it is helping him, and denying the right to those who deserve it.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Vannakkam:

From the advice on another forum, I didn't donate any money on my recent pilgrimage to the Indian government via Hundis. However, we did purchase archanas and pujas everywhere, as well as gave generous dakshina to the priests themselves. I'm not sure if accounts are kept differently for various procedures at temples. I wouldn't know who to ask either.

Why should I be sponsoring the building of churches? I'd like to see a sign on all the hundis that say "For donation to government." In the very least, we can make people more aware of this as much as possible, so they reconsider every donation. Much better to give directly to a viable Hindu charity than to a hundi, that's for sure.

Aum Namasivaya

6. Cool Re: Government versus temples

From the advice on another forum, I didn't donate any money on my recent pilgrimage to the Indian government via Hundis. However, we did purchase archanas and pujas everywhere, as well as gave generous dakshina to the priests themselves. I'm not sure if accounts are kept differently for various procedures at temples. I wouldn't know who to ask either.

Why should I be sponsoring the building of churches? I'd like to see a sign on all the hundis that say "For donation to government." In the very least, we can make people more aware of this as much as possible, so they reconsider every donation. Much better to give directly to a viable Hindu charity than to a hundi, that's for sure.
    Right
    For few years ago Nepal was a right choice, because even Government was Hindu, but anti Hindu Maoist destroyed it, and anti Hindu government in India supported this destruction

Many Hindu temples and organizations in India are registered themselves non Hindu, this is not a proof enough. We have to do Dharmic Kary ourselves instead of donating money there.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Thread Information