Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self-realization in Vaishnavism

Re: Self-realization in Vaishnavism

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

I would say, I am happy to hear you focus on your studies. Now let me ask a question. When you study, are you experiencing the silence of the Self while you read? There is you, the Self, and there is the book of words.
    Do only the words and ideas fill your mind and awareness? If the answer is yes, then one has not yet seperated Self from non-Self.

When you read and emotions take you here-and-there in your readings? In your thoughts ? If the answer is yes, then the Self and non-Self have not become part of one's experience.

If one wishes to add in the mind and the senses as part of the system, that is fine. Within the chariott there is the driver, and there is the horses ( the senses) , and there are the reins.

praṇām
    COuld you please explain a bit further? Do you mean wavering attention? If so, isn't that the very nature of the human mind to waver all the time?

Re: Self-realization in Vaishnavism

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

I would say, I am happy to hear you focus on your studies. Now let me ask a question. When you study, are you experiencing the silence of the Self while you read? There is you, the Self, and there is the book of words.
    it's nice to think about, but I usually merge into the book, and leave pondering the message for when I feel life it. I work best in auto pilot. this used to be difficult, but now it's unstoppable for me.
    Do only the words and ideas fill your mind and awareness? If the answer is yes, then one has not yet seperated Self from non-Self.

When you read and emotions take you here-and-there in your readings? In your thoughts ? If the answer is yes, then the Self and non-Self have not become part of one's experience.

this is true. I still feel excitement when reading, but it's sometimes hard to concentrate like I used to do. my body wants my full attention, therefore I am always busy actually.
    If one wishes to add in the mind and the senses as part of the system, that is fine. Within the chariott there is the driver, and there is the horses ( the senses) , and there are the reins.

praṇām
    yes.

Thread Information