Thread: Glad to be back!

Glad to be back!

Namaste once again everybody!

I haven't been on HDF since August 20 when I left for college. I've been extremely busy with work and studying as well as getting accustomed to a new lifestyle and meeting new people. There have been times over the past couple of months that I thought of going back on here but I just couldn't find the time. But that is not entirely correct, because I have had some free time, but I've mainly been spending it socializing, watching shows/movies, and other leisurely activities like that. Over the past couple of weeks, I've been reading some posts on the forums, but now I'm officially back!

Spiritually, my devotion to God has decreased since I've been here, but my faith has remained as strong as ever, if that makes any sense. The one major development that has happened is that Lord Ganesha is playing a much bigger role in my life now, and I feel very connected to Him like never before. With Diwali coming up, I figured it was a perfect time to go full force into worshipping and trying my absolute hardest to be completely devoted again. Well, I actually tried doing this several weeks back for Navratri, but that didn't work out. But I know it will this time, especially since I'm back on here, which is a great place to grow spiritually.

I'm glad to see old members still on here as well as a good amount of new members. I truly look forward to conversing with you all once again, as well as getting to know the newbies!

Jai Sri Krishna

Re: Glad to be back!

Namaste and Welcome back! I missed reading your posts Ramakrishna.
    satay

Hello Ramakrishna,

Great to see you back here! I'm glad to hear that college life is going so well for you, and that Sri Ganesha continues to bless you with many fortunes. I understand what you mean about this place. I come here from time to time to give me that boost of spiritual faith. Happy Diwali, by the way!

Namaste,

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Hi Ramakrishna, glad to have you back!

When I was in college awhile back, I remember that life got orders of magnitude busier. It's the nature of education. I always thought of my studies as a specific kind of devotion to Goddess Sarasvati.

Anway, good luck with your studies. Looking forward to having you around again!

Namaste, Ramakrishna,

I'm one of the new members you refer to, and I find that this is one of the few places online where my faith is challenged and increased, rather than distracted, if that makes sense? Welcome back.

Indraneela
    ===
    "I wait the power of one like thee, O Indra, gifts of a Helper such as thou art, Hero.
    Strong, Mighty God, dwell with me now and ever."
    Om Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Om Namaḥ Śivāya.

Thanks for the welcome backs, everybody! I really forgot how much I missed this place and how much knowledge and wisdom can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    I always thought of my studies as a specific kind of devotion to Goddess Sarasvati.
    This is a great idea, Sanjaya. I have been praying to Saraswati Mata to guide me with my studies, but to actually think of my studies as a type of devotion to Her sounds like a wonderful form of bhakti.

Jai Sri Krishna

Vannakkam:

Work is worship. Separating the two makes us feel separate from God, when we should be seeing God everywhere and perceiving it as His work. It is also His money, whether we accept that concept or not. He just gives us permission to use it wisely for the betterment of mankind. Of course all this BS I am spouting is far easier said than done. BTW, welcome back Ramakrishna.

Aum namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam:

Work is worship. Separating the two makes us feel separate from God, when we should be seeing God everywhere and perceiving it as His work. It is also His money, whether we accept that concept or not. He just gives us permission to use it wisely for the betterment of mankind. Of course all this BS I am spouting is far easier said than done. BTW, welcome back Ramakrishna.

Aum namasivaya
    Namaste Eastern Mindji,

Wise words indeed. Of course much easier said that done, but we all must strive to accomplish that mindset so that we may eventually become self-realized. Thanks for the welcome back.

Jai Sri Krishna

Thread Information