Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which is the most difficult Question in Spirituality ?

Which is the most difficult Question in Spirituality ?

If the world was created the way we think it was created, then it seems like that the "Creator" had already existed before the world was created.

So, He(god) didn't really introduced "Himself" on this earth or any other planet. Instead, "He" introduced this earth and other planets to "His" creations.

However there is the "Creator", Which we can call, The "God",
    We further don't know for sure that the reason why we call Him the "Creator" is really a good reason to call Him The "Creator".

If we are doing this for the sake of convenience for ourselves, as everything is fair in "Love" & War, OR, If choose this the way to permote our "Love" for "God" like this, SO,

Which is the most difficult Question in Spirituality you think ?

Re: Which is the most difficult Question in Spirituality ?

Quote Originally Posted by jasdir View Post
    Trying to be in centered-self without being self-centered !

A quote from Ravi Ravindra

Blessings,
    Last edited by nirotu; 08 November 2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: change a bit

Vannakkam:

Among many difficult questions, mine would be the simple "Who are you?" or the same question posed internally, "Who am I?" I have been told that it takes the realisation of the Self to answer it, so it seems pretty difficult for me.

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 08 November 2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: add

Namaste,

EM has taken the words from my mouth. I also feel that it is the simpler questions that are sometimes the hardest to understand. Some days you think you have an idea of the answer, and then some days your complacency dissolves away and you are right back where you started.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

I agree with Eastern Mind.
    Sometimes when people ask me "how are you"? I begin to wonder "who am I" and cant even answer the question anymore.
    “There is a Guru in each of us. It is the Atma principle. It is the Eternal Witness functioning as Conscience in everyone. With this Conscience as guide, let all actions be done.” (sss20-15)

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Ekanta View Post
    Sometimes when people ask me "how are you"? I begin to wonder "who am I" and cant even answer the question anymore.
    I can apprecaite this POV. When people ask who are you ? I answer with my name... that is My name is yajvan vs. saying I am yajvan.
    Yet if you visit a temple, the pundits ask , and what is your good name? They already know who you are!

Yet I am not perplexed by who I am , for this I can look to the wisdom of the śāstra's as they point the way. But notice I say, they point they way, for I have not arrived at the destination, but i know the direction and the method to get there. For this I am blessed.

If you do not know where you are going, then any road will take you there.

praām

यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

It seems to me one of the most difficult questions is that of focus and commitment to one's path .
    If this is not within the realm of this string, then let me first ask your pardon, but allow me to offer the following for one's consideration.

It seems to me the śloka from the kaṭhopaniṣad (I.3.14) may say it the best ( for me)... its like a razor's edge.

It says , arise, awake. Approach ( varā&#185 the best of masters , do realize the Self ( ātman); difficult ( durgaṁ&#185 to cross ( some say difficult is the path) like a razor's edge¹, so the wise proclaim.

What is the point here? for the sādhu (yogī or yoginī both being yogin-s) there are many distractions. These distractions can be internal or external.

Now think of the householder that wishes to carry-on a meaningful spiritual life. How many things capture the mind? Family, friends,
    work and all the responsibilities.

The kaṭha upaniṣad (I.2.2) also talks of śreyas (conducive to welfare i.e. of higher value) and preyas (dearer , more agreeable , more desired i.e. pleasant for here and now, amenable to worldly life and accommodations). It says the following ( Yama is talking to naciketas&#185
    Both śreyas and preyas approach man. The wise fully surveying them (both) , discriminates and chooses śreyas in preference to preyas. The ignorant interested in worldly well-being chooses ( really the word is 'thus consumes' or vṛṇīte) preyas.

So as I see it, it is the struggle for remaining focused on the important things, śreyas, as the difficult question to fulfill.

praām

words
    • varā - choose, 'select' also means precious , best , most excellent
    • durgaṁ - or durga - difficult of access or approach , impassable , unattainable
    • niśita - sharpened , sharp ; also means steel or iron
    • naciketa - of a man; is rooted in cit to perceive , fix the mind upon , attend to , be attentive , observe , take notice of ; 'na' is not , no , nor , neither.
      • Hence na + cit is to not take notice of, or be attentive or know.
      • keta desire , wish , will , intention ; is also rooted in cit ;
      • Hence na + keta is (he) without desire or wish
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam:

Among many difficult questions, mine would be the simple "Who are you?" or the same question posed internally, "Who am I?" I have been told that it takes the realisation of the Self to answer it, so it seems pretty difficult for me.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste all,

I believe this is perhaps the ultimate and most difficult question in spirituality. Sri Ramana Maharshi spent nearly an entire lifetime answering the question of "Who am I?" before becoming self-realized. He also advocated self-inquiry and the answering of this seemingly basic question as the principal means towards attaining self-realization.

Jai Sri Krishna

If the world was created the way we think it was created, then it seems like that the "Creator" had already existed before the world was created.

So, He(god) didn't really introduced "Himself" on this earth or any other planet. Instead, "He" introduced this earth and other planets to "His" creations.

However there is the "Creator", Which we can call, The "God",
    We further don't know for sure that the reason why we call Him the "Creator" is really a good reason to call Him The "Creator".

If we are doing this for the sake of convenience for ourselves, as everything is fair in "Love" & War, OR, If choose this the way to permote our "Love" for "God" like this, SO,

What is spirituality ?

Quote Originally Posted by kd gupta View Post
    What is spirituality ?
    Which is the most difficult Question in Spirituality ?
    (In this Q: Spirituality is ment by Spiritual Sience )

So, Gupta ji, waiting for your Q:

Your's jasdir.
    "Namaste"

Thread Information