Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question to Consider.

Question to Consider.

What will happen if each & every person of this world:

"Try" to spend his/her Spare time on meditations seriously & wholeheartedly ?

Kindly Note1: "Spare time" is ment by after paying all reasonable wordly duties.
    Kindly Note2: "Try" means just try, not very Compulsary.

SO, looking forward to see your VALUABLE-REPLIES.

_/\_ NAMASTE by your forum member.... jasdir.

Re: Question to Consider.

Namaste jasdir,

An interesting thing to think about. I would assume the overall positive vibrations and shakti throughout the world would go way up. People would be healthier, feel better, and be nicer. There would be much less anger, hate, violence, and war in the world. It would be like living in a past yuga.

Jai Sri Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Namaste jasdir,

An interesting thing to think about. I would assume the overall positive vibrations and shakti throughout the world would go way up. People would be healthier, feel better, and be nicer. There would be much less anger, hate, violence, and war in the world. It would be like living in a past yuga.

Jai Sri Krishna
    Vannakkam: this reminds me so much of John Lennon's "Imagine" .

Aum Namasivaya

namaste Jasdir.

A nice, Utopian what-if you have wished for in your OP. I would be happy if it happens and reforms our politicians and corporate businessmen.

One half of the world alternatively sleeps daily and in that sleep merges with Brahman, maybe, for half the time. Yet, the world has not become a better place to live.

But we can be sure that mass prayers could be powerful. Check this wonderful link given in an old HDF thread:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...rful#post14853
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by jasdir View Post
    What will happen if each & every person of this world:
    My teacher has said often that only 1% of the population (6.7 million) will make a difference for the whole world. Now this would be those possessed of the Self.
    That means individual ~contracted~ consciousness (citta) once again becomes ~uncontracted~ consciousness (citi) some like to call cetana.

It is my opinion that a noticeable change would come with the square root of the population ( 82,000 +/-) in any one given country.

I am in hopes that we all unfold this Reality (vastu-vṛtta-aṇusāreṇa)¹ as the benefits are profound and wide-reaching.

praṇām

words
    • vastu-vṛtta-aṇusāreṇa
      • vastu- the real; becoming light
      • vṛtta- existing, unimpared
      • anusāreṇa = aṇu+ sāra + iṇa = fine, minute + stretching out, precious valuable + glorious, powerful
    • vastu-vṛtta-aṇusāreṇa = the most powerful,precious yet subtle real existence.
    Last edited by yajvan; 11 November 2010 at 09:25 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste,

Nice question, although it seems to be asking too much to ask every single person on earth to do this. My thoughts are like Ramakrishna's. If such a thing could happen there would surely be a change in consciousness - life on earth as we know it now would be unrecognisable for the fruits that would be borne from such a shift in energy. Here's hoping one day such a change could be possible and do the world some good.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post
    Namaste,

If such a thing could happen there would surely be a change in consciousness - life on earth as we know it now would be unrecognisable for the fruits that would be borne from such a shift in energy. Here's hoping one day such a change could be possible and do the world some good.
    This is the fundamental foundation for sat yuga... very possible. To hasten the dawn of an age like this , the kṣatriya (some spell kaatya) must be engaged.

praṇām

words
    kṣatriya - one of 4 varṇa , considered those that govern; based upon the mahābhārata their main duty is protection, so we know them as the military also. This word is rooted in kṣa , the protector of the field. What field ? The field of life. It is interesting to note this is anther name for nara-siṃha, an incarnation of viṣṇu
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Vannakkam: I know everyone here on this thread knows this but I'm going to reiterate. The key is to shift yourself first. Be a role model. All psychologists know role modelling has the greatest impact on child development. So if one is spouting off about the "what ifs" regarding others, please first take a good hard look in the mirror. Kids and people judge actions, not words. All too often I've witnessed the hypocrisy of "Do as I say, not Do as I do" attitude. When I see that, I feel we're all regressing.

Its like the angry parent yelling at his kid not to get angry.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: I know everyone here on this thread knows this but I'm going to reiterate. The key is to shift yourself first. Be a role model. All psychologists know role modelling has the greatest impact on child development. So if one is spouting off about the "what ifs" regarding others, please first take a good hard look in the mirror. Kids and people judge actions, not words. All too often I've witnessed the hypocrisy of "Do as I say, not Do as I do" attitude. When I see that, I feel we're all regressing.

Its like the angry parent yelling at his kid not to get angry.

Aum Namasivaya
    That's exactly what I thought.

I'm happy that with the little I studied I was able to positively influence some special friends. It's one of those things that motivate me to stay on the path of SD.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    That's exactly what I thought.

I'm happy that with the little I studied I was able to positively influence some special friends. It's one of those things that motivate me to stay on the path of SD.
    Consider the following... yes, it is very good to influence friends and family by one's knowledge and discussion. There is other ways ( in addition) too. That of raising one's consciousness.
    Consciousness is ubiquitous ( everywhere) ; it is satatoditam, without break or pause. So by one's own advancement, the influences are throughout society, the world, even the universe my teacher would say.

Think of yourself as a candle, a lantern; It brings light (prakāśa&#185 to darkness without one word of its being there.

praṇām

words
    prakāśa - clearness , brightness , splendour , lustre , light
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thread Information