Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congress making progress with Terrorism

Congress making progress with Terrorism

... oops I mean only "hindu terrorism"
    http://www.rediff.com/news/report/wh...i/20101119.htm

Quote Originally Posted by rediff
    The Central Bureau of Investigation, which is probing the Hyderabad Mecca Masjid blasts case, has made a crucial breakthrough when it arrested Swami Aseemanand. The CBI has been on his trail for nearly five months now and had been claiming that he was hiding in a forest in the Dangs where he was undertaking re-conversion among the tribals.
    According to sources, Aseemanand will help investigators connect the dots in the Mecca Masjid, Ajmer and Malegaon blasts [ Images ] case.
    Originally known as Jatin Chatterjee, the godman hails from Hoogly district in West Bengal [ Images ]. A post graduate in Botany, he joined the Ramkrishna Mission. He however was disillusioned with the Left rule in Bengal and decided to leave the state.
    He went to the Dangs in 2001 and took up the issue of conversions in tribal areas. He started re-converting people and CBI sources had told rediff.com earlier that he was upset about the numerous terror strikes being carried out in India [ Images ] by Pakistan-based elements. He also used to run an ashram called the Shabaridham Ashram in the Dangs and has a long list of followers, many of whom have been quizzed by the CBI.
    His name first cropped up when the Mumbai [ Images ] Anti Terrorism [ Images ] Squad arrested Sadhvi Pragya [ Images ] Singh Thakur in 2009 in connection with the Malegaon blasts. The CBI alleges he had met with Sadhvi on various occasions and had discussed terrorism in the country. The investigators also managed to get hold of telephonic conversations between the two in which they are alleged to be speaking about retaliatory strikes. He used his driver, Sunil Dhwade's mobile phone to make these calls.
    The CBI claimed that he was an important person to have in their net since he was a crucial link in all the above mentioned cases. They said that in every angle that they had investigated the case, his name had cropped up. They claimed that he was in the know of things when both the Ajmer and Mecca Masjid blasts were being planned.
    The CBI says that he is a powerful speaker and was an inspiration to most of these people involved in these cases. He is also believed to be a father figure to Chandrashekhar and Davendra, who are accused in the Ajmer, Mecca Masjid and also the Goa [ Images ] blasts case. It was during the interrogation of these two persons that the CBI got to know that he was hiding in Gujarat. In addition to this the CBI also believes that he may have used funds of his ashram to finance the attacks.
    A major chunk of the CBI's case is based on the telephonic conversations he had with the Sadhvi and also the interrogation of Davendra and Chandrashekhar. The extent he had gone up to support the cause of these people is something that further interrogation will tell. During the interrogation the CBI is going to find out his links with the likes of the Sadhvi and also Colonel Purohith who are alleged to have played major roles in the Malegaon case. The CBI however refused to elaborate further on what their line of investigation with this arrest would be.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Re: Congress making progress with Terrorism

Someone made a intelligent bcomment on that news thread in rediff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    No.of People killed in 26/11 attacks = 180
    No. of Indians arrested for involvement in 26/11 attacks = 02
    No. of Indians acquitted in 26/11 attacks = 02
    No. of Indians arrested for invovlement in 26/11 = 0 (zero) !!!!!

David Headley has been revealing to the FBI about all of his NUMEROUS Indian contacts on the ground in Mumbai, who helped Headley put together the 26/11 attack, and who provided logistics and information support to the 26/11 terrorists.
    Yet, the Kangress wants us to believe that NO INDIANS were involved in 26/11.
    -------------------------------------
    No. of Indians killed in Malegaon blasts = 05.
    No. of Indian Hindus arrested and held without trial for invovlement in the Malegaon blasts = 05.

---------------------------------
    Ofcourse 26/11 is one incident. If we add all the killings done by islamic terrorism, maosist terrorism, bodo radicals, north eastern christian extremest just is last 7 years, the number of people killed will be in several thousands - but that's not a big issue. But even one minority killed or hurt and the most inefficient & corrupt india govt machinary becomes the most efficient.

The problem is not congress or any other political party but the system itself. In a representative democracy, the society is divided into various interest groups, and those interest groups (and the parties that represent them) which come to power will influence political and economic decisions. If you don't like this, it means you don't like democracy.

It is true. There is no hindu interest group, or even if they are there, they don't have any power in a country which is still vastly a hindu majority country - that's little weird, that's all.

I personally think congress represent the mentality of this country best and hence comes to power all the time. And it speaks more about the state of collective consciousness of the majorities of this nation than about congress or any other party - and I get flogged for being anti-hindu. But if the current civilization is what is representative of hindu, then I am better being an anti-hindu.

But to your point, I still believe in democracy, but the society should be mature enough to make it effective. After 65 years of democracy, its still far from being effective. And I don't blame the system of democracy for it but the state of our culture and civilization - oops, did it again.

But is culture a thing or a process? If the latter - as it obviously is, since it changes according to social and economic conditions - then we cannot blame culture for this mess. The problem can only be politics. And as long as we have democracy to represent various interest groups, the most powerful among them will get to call the shots.

In this context, what you call 'hindu interest group' would make little sense, as it happens to be a huge majority; therefore, only groups within that majority, namely the various castes, can function as interest groups. In short, a hindu interest group couldn't possibly exist owing to its size, which means by default it's a ruling class. And a ruling class has no interest groups.

...Sorry mr solo, i am not understanding your confounded points on a simple issue...so can't do justice in my reply. I'll just reiterate on what I was saying.

The post was not intended to have an academic discussion on the theory of democracy. Hindu's don't rule this country. Secular indian's some of whom by birth may be hindu's (but clearly don't represent hindu interests) do rule along with Sikhs, Muslims and Christians. In this rule minority sectarian interests are represented at the cost of suffering of the majority population.

That India being a majority hindu country is not ruled by Hindu's but by govts representing the narrow fundamentalist sectarian interests of the minority is not something new to the democracy only. Even during autocratic rules of the past mellenium it was the same story - democracy did not change anything.

The thread was intended to show another example of such minority bias in governance.

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    The thread was intended to show another example of such minority bias in governance.
    Most politicians are from the majority community, and yet you say there's a minority bias in governance? Doesn't such an assertion go against logic and empirically verifiable facts?

Congress Party is secular, as such they are collaborating with Communists and Muslims against the religious Hindus and it has been the same since time of MK Gandhi.

Just because a majority population is Hindu doesn't mean the political structure doesn't force Hindu temples to pay a tax which is then distributed to support Muslim Madrassas and Christian Churches. There's a reason why Hindu groups attempt to deny Hindu status to avoid having to lose their own funding and support the missionary destruction of own Matra Bhoomi.

Secular politicians have long ago sold Hindu interests and Vedic culture down the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Harjas Kaur View Post
    Congress Party is secular, as such they are collaborating with Communists and Muslims against the religious Hindus and it has been the same since time of MK Gandhi.

Just because a majority population is Hindu doesn't mean the political structure doesn't force Hindu temples to pay a tax which is then distributed to support Muslim Madrassas and Christian Churches. There's a reason why Hindu groups attempt to deny Hindu status to avoid having to lose their own funding and support the missionary destruction of own Matra Bhoomi.

Secular politicians have long ago sold Hindu interests and Vedic culture down the river.
    All this seems like an emotional outburst without any substance. Taxes apply to everyone, including temples. Else, how can the government provide anything for the people? Or, do you expect them to create wealth out of thin air? And since temples are too many (since India is Hindu majority), the funds will also reach that many people.

The reason they don't do this with minority institutions is because they normally establish schools and hospitals, so taxing them again would be counterproductive.

Point is, we shouldn't see some bizarre 'anti-Hindu' conspiracy where none exists. It's all about economics.

Vannakkam:

Firstly, I am not an Indian so may not know much. Still I can read with common sense, and have been there. From a Hindu's point of view, there can NEVER be enough Hindu temples. There should be many more. They should be on every corner of the globe. It would be only fair if those large metal Hundis were also placed in every church and mosque in the country. In no other country have I seen such blatant discrimination against the majority religion.

I've been in Islamic run businesses, and frankly I was creeped out. As a white Hindu, they seemed to have particular disdain for me. So too with many of the Christians I met. "What? Some guy from America practising that paganism?"

Yet the Hindus treated me with friendliness, reverence, and the occasional overblown awe.

It doesn't take a lot of intellect to see how different the Islamic countries are than the secular ones. In Sudi Arabia, and many more, freedom for non-Islamists is ridiculous. I remember even in a moderate country (Malaysia) where the magazine 'Hindusm Today' was confiscated at customs. Think of the fuss Islam would have made had it been in a 'Christian' country like Britain if the government confiscated an Islamic Journal.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information