Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The placement of Shakti in daily life?

The placement of Shakti in daily life?

How is shakti seen on a daily basis?

Is shakti seen as the energy in all creation? Almost like the holy spirit? Or would that more so be considered a Vishnu trait?

Is she seen as a dance, or an energy?

I know this is an elementary question, but you guys are oh so helpful.

Blessings,

-Tyler

Re: The placement of Shakti in daily life?

Namaste WTyler,

It may seem like an elementary question, but I personally found the concept of shakti difficult to grasp. People often use different words when referring to shakti. You might have seen some members on here use the words "vibration" or "energy", and they are referring to shakti.

So yes, shakti is seen as an energy. Even now, when I feel like I have a good understanding of shakti, I still find it difficult to explain. I have heard it described as the primordial cosmic energy that pervades all existence. Shakti build up over time in temples and shrines due to all the praying and meditating that go on there. Mantras, especially when pronounced absolutely correctly, produce great shakti. I feel shakti best during and right after a long praying or meditation session. Some people feel very strong shakti right upon entering a temple, or in the presence of their guru or a spiritually enlightened being.

Shakti is also used the describe the feminine aspects of God, and from my understanding that is somehow connected to the cosmic energy known as shakti.

Jai Sri Krishna

Thanks friend,

What about in terms of the dharma?

Would one say that Shakti is Gods energy? Such as Shiva is God and Shivas energy would be Shakti? Thus, the aspect of God I can feel and connect to is Shakti?

Vannakkam WTyler:

This may not help but ... perhaps an analogy is a Mother's love. You can feel her love (shakti) but at the same time you know where its coming from.

Siva and Shakti are inseparable, often put as Siva/Shakti.

As far as the energy goes, that varies tremendously form person to person even at the same moment. People refer to 'strong' temples. And yet the same two people may feel quite the difference even on the same day.

In daily life, some sadhaks look for it everywhere, always ... in nature, in the eyes of others, etc. Certainly this energy is not easily described. One way I've heard is something like attending a lecture, in a dull state of mind, not listening, when suddenly the prof makes a very astute comment, and suddenly your attention is right there following all his words. That's a bit what shakti feels like, just a rush of energy in the ethers. So often shakti is more noticeable in the context of contrast, as light is to darkness, etc.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by WTyler View Post
    Thanks friend,

What about in terms of the dharma?

Would one say that Shakti is Gods energy? Such as Shiva is God and Shivas energy would be Shakti? Thus, the aspect of God I can feel and connect to is Shakti?
    Sure, absolutely.

Or it's more that God is energy and Gods energy can form into Shiva for you.
    Or yes you can call God Shiva.

God is really formless, an energy that pervades everything in the universe,
    The female aspect of this energy is Shakti and the male Shiva, but like Eastern Mind said, they are really inseparable.

I can definitely feel the energy in certain places. Not only in temples, but other places, nature, there is a church in my neighbored where I felt it very strongly.

Maya

Namaste WTyler,

Not sure if this will be of any help to you, but here is a thread about shakti and some members on here explain how they feel it: http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4994

I personally find it very interesting and quite a fascinating thing to read about. Hopefully it will give you a better understanding as well.

Jai Sri Krishna

This may sound goofy...but I think of it as the "Force" in the Star Wars movies.

Quote Originally Posted by BryonMorrigan View Post
    This may sound goofy...but I think of it as the "Force" in the Star Wars movies.
    Me too, but I still really like it, I think it's the best description but yeah, it is from Star Wars too.

Maya

Vannakkam Maya and Bryon:

Funny, I've never seen it that way. I always though the 'force' was just deep intuition. But hey that's just me. I never have been much of a Star Wars fan as it seemed to me it was a story only, not really insinuation that there is some reality to some of the 'powers', more like a fantasy.

For me, shakti and intuition are two entirely different processes.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam Maya and Bryon:

Funny, I've never seen it that way. I always though the 'force' was just deep intuition. But hey that's just me. I never have been much of a Star Wars fan as it seemed to me it was a story only, not really insinuation that there is some reality to some of the 'powers', more like a fantasy.

For me, shakti and intuition are two entirely different processes.

Aum Namasivaya
    Oh, I'm not insinuating that the Star Wars movies have any kind of deep significance. I think it just works as a metaphor for people trying to wrap their heads around the concept.

Thread Information