Thread: Puja question...

Puja question...

Namaste,

I have question, can person read paper for guidance while doing puja? I have found online long pujas with every mantra & everything else to do, that's why I thought about this...

Have a nice day,
    ~Alice

Re: Puja question...

Vannakkam SA:

Yes, of course. Even in many temples priests will refer to books for longer pujas like the 1008 names of a particular deity. But it seems that with priests, the book is no good unlees it is old, has pages falling out, and is well used. No self-respecting Brahmin priest would carry a new one. Then it would appear that the book is never used.

Most people would learn that way. I know I did. Eventually as things become memorised, you will lean on the book less and less.

Aum Namasivaya

You absolutely can. But if you do puja regularly, you will memorise things.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAlisija View Post
    Namaste,

I have question, can person read paper for guidance while doing puja? I have found online long pujas with every mantra & everything else to do, that's why I thought about this...

Have a nice day,
    ~Alice
    Thumping yes. Puja is an experience and not a lesson or test of your memorization skills - for which you will have plenty of non sensical exams to take care of.

But with time, memory will come to aid and not having to look at the book when doing the rituals greatly helps in experiencing what one is doing.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Thread Information