Thread: Sorry for the absence.

Sorry for the absence.

Hey folks I wanted to apologize for having vanished after getting all hyped up about the west side dharma blog. I got absolutely swamped with school and work and just have not had the time I would like to visit. Also I felt that the blog could potentially be misleading. While not my intention to teach others about hinduism I fear that my misunderstandings about things as I learn could mislead people trying to actually educate themselves.

After reflecting on things, and finding a hindu temple in the area, I have decided to temporarily abandon the blog and begin attending the temple for learning. I've also gladly been able to dig out some extra time to be able to more often visit these forums.

Anyway thought I would say hello, again, as I have missed being able to participate with those who share my faith.
    Keep it as simple as possible; but not any simpler.

Re: Sorry for the absence.

Vannakkam Seth: Welcome back then. May I ask which temple you found? Any profound experiences to share?

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Seth,

Welcome back. As a fellow student, I can completely understand what you mean with getting swamped with schoolwork I myself was away from here for a couple of months before I managed to find time to get back. It's good to have you back and I look forward to your posts.

Jai Sri Krishna

Hindu Temple Society of Albany which is only around 30-40 minutes away from home. I have not gone yet, I am trying to figure out what would be a slow day that I could show up and have a chance to find someone who could walk me through things.

Overall it appears to be a non English speaking temple so we'll see how it goes .

Quote Originally Posted by SethDrebitko View Post
    Hindu Temple Society of Albany which is only around 30-40 minutes away from home. I have not gone yet, I am trying to figure out what would be a slow day that I could show up and have a chance to find someone who could walk me through things.

Overall it appears to be a non English speaking temple so we'll see how it goes .
    Vannakkam Seth: I took a look. Did you see the long list of phone members under the temple management section? Why not just phone the chairperson, and she can arrange for an introductory tour perhaps? Maybe even one of the priests on an off day. It seems the membership was pretty diverse. In other words I recognised both North Indian and South Indian names. English will be a second language to most, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Best wishes on it, and I hope you report back after you go.

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 27 November 2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: sp

namaste Seth,
    Welcome back!
    I think you should continue with the blog. As I mentioned in my pm to you a few months ago, I love your blog idea. The more hindu forums and blogs on the net the better. Maybe you will find more time after your school and in the meantime would have learnt more about hinduism. Keep the idea alive.

Quote Originally Posted by SethDrebitko View Post
    Hey folks I wanted to apologize for having vanished after getting all hyped up about the west side dharma blog. I got absolutely swamped with school and work and just have not had the time I would like to visit. Also I felt that the blog could potentially be misleading. While not my intention to teach others about hinduism I fear that my misunderstandings about things as I learn could mislead people trying to actually educate themselves.

After reflecting on things, and finding a hindu temple in the area, I have decided to temporarily abandon the blog and begin attending the temple for learning. I've also gladly been able to dig out some extra time to be able to more often visit these forums.

Anyway thought I would say hello, again, as I have missed being able to participate with those who share my faith.
    satay

Thanks for the encouragement! I totally plan to keep doing the blog my major problem right now is I just don't have enough sense of things to keep a comfortable pace. Soon though, my plans are to try and start up the blog in January again.

Still no call; might just head out by myself and schedule a meeting with someone in person.

Thread Information