Thread: What's wrong?

What's wrong?

Namaste,
    Sometimes when I listen to mantras, I start to have mild to medium type headache. It never happens when I listen to bhajans or so. Only to mantras! Is something wrong or I do something wrong? What this could mean?

Have a nice day,
    ~Alice

Re: What's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAlisija View Post
    Namaste,
    Sometimes when I listen to mantras, I start to have mild to medium type headache. It never happens when I listen to bhajans or so. Only to mantras! Is something wrong or I do something wrong? What this could mean?

Have a nice day,
    ~Alice
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=6724

Read this post, may it can help you.

_/\_Jasdir.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté SweetAlisija

Sometimes when I listen to mantras, I start to have mild to medium type headache
    There can be many reasons... one can be as simple as that vibration is not right for you. I know of serveral mantras that I have used that are just not suited for me at this point in my development. This is key. We are different as we grow.

If you are new to this process , one thing you may wish to consider is simplicity. Mantra's groom the mind. Starting with a mantra that is long, with multiple syllables may not be the best starting point . Be simple about it. Best to start with a sound vibration of 1 or 2 syllables to begin. Get comforable with them.

Another approach is mantra's that are sung... easily and effortlessly. A good example is is Deva Premal - she does an excellent job with singing mantra's.
    Very easy to listen to. This is just one approach, perhaps it will be useful for you.

That said, the best is to have a teacher to instruct you with your own personal vibration.

... simple is best.
    praām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

This Mantra has been great for me lately:

Hara Shiva Shankara Shashanka Shekara
    Hara Bham Hara Bham Bham Bham Bolo
    Bhavaa Bhayankara Girijaa Shankara
    Dhimi Dhimi Dhimi Thaka Nartana Khelo
    I discovered it in the song 'Tomorrow Never Knows/Shivaya' by Jai Uttal, it brings me such a peaceful joy that I can't help but just listen to it and chant along.

Om Tat Sat

Thread Information