Thread: Vichara and Reading

Vichara and Reading

I have been practicing Self-Inquiry or Vichara for a couple of months now, and while it seems to be easy while I am doing regular activities such as showering, walking, and talking I cant seem to be able to do it while reading. I am a student at a university so naturally I have to do a lot of reading, but I would like to continue my spiritual practices in the meantime. Any recommendations for practicing self-inquiry while reading would be appreciated.

Re: Vichara and Reading

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté randomguy

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
    I have been practicing Self-Inquiry or Vichara for a couple of months now, and while it seems to be easy while I am doing regular activities such as showering, walking, and talking I cant seem to be able to do it while reading. I am a student at a university so naturally I have to do a lot of reading, but I would like to continue my spiritual practices in the meantime. Any recommendations for practicing self-inquiry while reading would be appreciated.
    Practicing vicāra i.e. pondering , deliberation , consideration , reflection , examination , investigation. I know you do not mean vicara (wandered) , but that is what your mind will do, yes?

The answer to your question lies within the breath. Consider some of HDF posts found here: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2323

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information