Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
namaste,

I see many christians march around hdf wearing dhoti and tilak pretending to be hindus. That's till I give them a round house flying kick and throw them out.

Just part of everyday dharma for me.
I've heard other posters point this out as well. Are there any people here I would know who turned out to be Christians? Just wondering because I seem to not be noticing these things; perhaps I'm just highly unobservant.

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
Please, this is HDF, not OffTopic.com And, it is wonderful to make these undercover christians uncomfortable in their disguises and out them!
I can imagine it is. I just hope we don't start fighting amongst ourselves. We Hindus seem to have a sad talent for not getting along with each other.

Sanjaya, you touch on a good point that is far deeper than the outer descriptions of violence and terror in abrahamic faiths that seem to be followed only apparently by muslims today. However, it is, IMO, the christians who are far more dangerous than jihadi muslims. Let me explain.

A jihadi muslim is an overt and vociferous promoter of Islam and will never stoop to taking on the identity of other faiths to trap others for conversion and/or destruction. In other words, we, as non-muslims, can easily identify the enemy. Once identified, the enemy is always easier to fight and oppose.

Fundamentalist christians are highly devious and masters of subterfuge. They too have been genocidal in their relatively short history wiping out civilizations and cultures far older and better than theirs however, in the 20th century, they have largely gone underground. That too, only in the latter half of the 20th century. These scum (missionaries, christian apologists and fanatics) are like trojan horses. They are known to be deceptive in their outer demeanor, far removed from the usually emotional and violent jihadi, and they use this to their advantage to win the trust of unsuspecting people.

The most important thing to realize is that all abrahamic faiths, including the jews, are founded on self-importance and exclusivity. No matter how flowery their words are or how "nice" they may seem, the underlying philosophy is that of a jingoistic nature. This is the start of all conflicts.

To say that christians are better, especially compared to muslims, is highly erroneous IMO. For example, western corporations tried to patent Basmati rice, grown and made in India for millenia, in order to capitalize the market on it and prevent others from growing it freely. This is a method of stealing and robbery. One does NOT have to break into a convenient store with a gun and demand money to be classified as a "robber". Likewise, just because we don't hear of christians "beheading anyone" (they do shoot people however and we'll get to that later) does not absolve them of their atrocities and crimes.

The christians, especially those in the west, have enormous disdain for muslims who are supposed to have descended from the same bastard Abraham. This is simply a racist ideology because they believe in almost all the same things like the adam/eve myth and some YAHOO god in the sky. The jews are tolerable compared to the other two because they are not as violent culturally or physically. Yet, they are at the forefront of academia and other institutions denigrating India through so-called scholarship. This too, IMO, is violence.

As you've aptly pointed out, the NLFT is a CHRISTIAN TERRORIST organization. They work in collusion with the naxalites (commies) in India along with the jihadis to harm Hindus. The NLFT has been caught going village to village threatening people with conversion (to christianity) with AK47s and other weapons. How come we don't hear of that on CNN? Even if those incidents are sporadic, the christians are attacking Hindus culturally with much more support and fervor than muslims.

See, the bottom line is, I prefer an honest robber than a lying, thieving, and conniving one. We're better off without either of them but to say the latter is better because of their outwardly appearance and behavior is simply foolhardy.
I can understand that. And I do appreciate your argument. I too can notice from looking at history that Christians have eliminated more cultures through conversion than Muslims have through violence. At the same time, I am hard-pressed to say that the Muslim beheading a reporter on television is preferable to the Christian roaming through India converting us. The Christians do more long term damage, but I feel the Muslim is worse.

Alas, you and I are both opposed to Christianity and Islam. At some level it's just pointless to argue which religion is worse. Both religions have mostly bad attributes. Perhaps they have a few redeeming ones as well, but Abrahamic faiths are still more trouble than they are worth.

On a sidenote, you have convinced me about one thing. I've never thought of Judaism as terribly threatening. But as you say, Jews are vastly overrepresented in academia, the same academia which degrades Hinduism. This too is dangerous.

To the people who feel jesus and/or christianity has valid points, do they feel the same way about islam and muhammad and the quran? Or what about moses and the torah/talmud?
This is perhaps an issue that deserves its own thread. The Torah and Quran are similar books. Both have some bits of wisdom, but these gems are buried within a lot of dirt (i.e. divine mandates for genocide). From what I've read of the Talmud, it's quite a bit better. The New Testament also has some good moral teachings, but they are interlaced with commands for conversion.

Really, Hindus are better off just reading and learning from Hindu Scriptures. We have so many holy texts that it would take a lifetime to read them all (unless someone is paying you to do this eight hours a day). Why waste time on the Abrahamic texts? It's only worthwhile if you plan to debate these people.

If you dig a little deeper, they will freely criticize muslims and islam but keep jesus on a pedestal. All three of the abrahamic religions, their followers, and their scriptures are absolute trash. This is the fundamental fact of the matter. Anyone who claims to be Hindu and clings on to any of them is obviously a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Careful, "wolves in sheep's clothing" is a quote from the Bible.

Anyway I see your point, a person who bashes Islam and has nothing to say about Christianity is suspect. Nor should Hindus hold Christian scriptures with too much reverence, since at the end of the day we are Hindus and not Christians.