Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am starting a blog

Re: I am starting a blog

I've bookmarked your blog, thanks for letting us know!

I'm useless with the translation part, but I too like Believer's take on it.

~S

Thank you both for helping with the translation!

3. Cool Re: I am starting a blog

May your blog also promote and protect Dharma, we cannot wait for Kalki but we can do our Karma, and our Karma is Dharma
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Nice!

Looking forward to new posts on Dharma..

5. Cool Re: I am starting a blog

I must tell you Ashvmedh Yajna do not mean Killing of Horse, calling it Horse Sacrifice in not right. The word Bali is not Killing, it is purnahuti.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

I have read pandey pandit sriramanarayana dattaji shashtri's article on the subject and he makes a good case that there were no animal slaughter in the vedas, but his analasis isn't waterproof. But I didn't go in the argument, because I was comparing a different trait, namely the willingness of Krishna to accept an offering out of love contrasted to the biblical deity. Discussing animal sacrifice on that post would have been a distraction of my main argument.
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 24 December 2010 at 10:07 AM.

I had heard this before and read the name Frank Morales mentioned many times in the forum, but never bothered to read his views. Finally I clicked on the link in your blog and gave a quick read to the article on Radical Universalism and confirmed my suspicions about its origins. It is amazing that our Hindu 'intellectuals' of the day still give credence to, and espouse this unholy line about all religions being equal and all paths leading to God. The Hindu swamis coming to the West toe this line in order to be accepted by the Christians, and in time it has generally come to be accepted by many Indian Hindus and by some of the converts (specially Rama Krishna Mission followers and some of the ISKCON followers) that Krishna and Jesus are one and the same, or, are father and son. This perpetuation and propagation of diluted form of Hinduism must be countered at every opportunity. You either cross the threshold and accept SD or stay with your mumbo jumbo. Acceptance of the introduction of ideas alien to SD should be met head on and countered to the fullest. It is a disgrace that many Hindus have embraced this flawed logic and have gotten on board with this tag line of 'all religions lead to the same God'. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Many a times some members in the forum, loosely attached to SD will start chiding us for being ethnocentric by claiming that our religion is the best and yada, yada, yada. I do not yield to such non-sense. It is, what it is. If one does not like the reality, he/she is free to move on to where they feel comfortable.
    Last edited by Believer; 24 December 2010 at 04:59 PM.

Interesting blog. I only see one post so far. If I may ask, what is to be its primary focus?

Believer, I am glad that you read that article. Radical Universalism became popular even in India in the 19th century, many people in that time were influenced by Ram Mohan Roy and by British education that called our religion superstitious. Big movements arose to sanitise Hinduism and to make it acceptible for foreigners.

Sanjaya, I have not narrowed it down too much, but mainly I want to talk about traditional/ authentic Hinduism opposed to Victorian Hinduism. I also want to build a page with resources to various sites with good information.

Traditional vs. Victorian Hinduism, huh? That would be a most interesting topic. I've always wondered how much influence Victorian Britain had on Hindu culture, especially since so many values that are called Hindu bear a striking resemblance to Victorian values. Looking forward to your future posts.

Thread Information