Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Were the PM of India....

If You Were the PM of India....

Well what would you do? What would be your objectives? Your things to do list that would benefit India? (This is assuming that you had absolute authority to pass any legislation you wish and had the means to enforce them. Immunity to any repercussions is not part of this hypothetical scenario).

Mine would personally be (not really in chronological order)

1. Ban proselytizing and missionary activity (with penalties including heavy fines and life sentence), and the removal of pseudo-benevolent "charity" organizations with known religious/political agendas.
    2. Greater efforts to clean up India and promote sanitary awareness.
    3. Clean up the Ganges.
    4. Oust those secular idiots (including any anti-Hindu scum) in power and replace with people who care about the country and care about protecting India's cultural heritage and syncretic identity (Christians and Muslims are not part of the package).
    5. Reforming the education system so that it places a greater emphasis on advanced learning, critical thinking, applications, and Indian philosophies and religions. History textbooks should be revised to not include the Aryan Invasion theory. Western/Eurocentric bias should be removed.
    6. Improving India's infrastructure (not really sure how I would do this...lol).
    7. Spending more money on eliminating poverty and increasing education.
    8. Removing Pus*S-lims and xians who pose a threat to India.
    9. Censoring of excessive anti-Hindu and anti-Indian material in the media (for those of you who think I plan to restrict free speech)...
    10. Idk....

Re: If You Were the PM of India....

Rationalist for President!

Interesting issues you've selected.

Personally I'd put the elimination of poverty and increased education at the top of the national agenda. India has a problem with too few people being educated, and too many of the educated people leaving the country. If people want to stay and work in India, and if more people were educated, that would go a long way to improving our country. The dual focus on education and poverty would do this.

Banning missionaries would be an easy thing to do, and wouldn't cost much money. I'd say go for it.

namaskar,

- Fire on the spot any gov't official that is in anyway taking bribes and not performing.
    - Choose my own small team of trusted individuals to run the Gov't. Set standards and communicate standards and what I expect of them. If they don't follow, fire and rehire until team becomes stable and performs at best capacity.
    - Increase salaries of Police so that they can stop taking bribes. Or face the consequences.
    - Tighter control on Tax collection so that my gov't can provide better services.
    - Put money into infrastructure.
    - Allocate money for education. Free international standard education till grade 12.
    - Invite more global companies to setup business here and remove red tape for them.
    - Encourage local businesses to think big by giving grants.
    - Set a goal of becoming Tech powerhouse for the whole world and create opportunities for youth so that they can help with this goal.
    - Once the system is clean, encourage democracy but stay in command.
    satay

Pranam all

if i had a choice i would bring in Ram Rajya that means i would have to install a Dharmic King. Bring in uniform law applied to all the citizens, that would includes Kashmir. demand to get all the money back from Switzerland that would clear the poverty and corruption.

seriously few things that irks me when i go to India is pollution. we have to learn to keep the environment clean and that should start with the places of worship. i said to a boatman while i was in Kashi, why did you spit in Ganga? I said you sing Arti, worship her as mother, this is your livelihood yet you have no regards for her, he lowered his head in shame and said i never thought like that. education yes, but above all Dharma rules.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    Interesting issues you've selected.

Personally I'd put the elimination of poverty and increased education at the top of the national agenda. India has a problem with too few people being educated, and too many of the educated people leaving the country. If people want to stay and work in India, and if more people were educated, that would go a long way to improving our country. The dual focus on education and poverty would do this.

Banning missionaries would be an easy thing to do, and wouldn't cost much money. I'd say go for it.
    I forgot to mention that they weren't in order of importance.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaskar,

- Fire on the spot any gov't official that is in anyway taking bribes and not performing.
    - Choose my own small team of trusted individuals to run the Gov't. Set standards and communicate standards and what I expect of them. If they don't follow, fire and rehire until team becomes stable and performs at best capacity.
    - Increase salaries of Police so that they can stop taking bribes. Or face the consequences.
    - Tighter control on Tax collection so that my gov't can provide better services.
    - Put money into infrastructure.
    - Allocate money for education. Free international standard education till grade 12.
    - Invite more global companies to setup business here and remove red tape for them.
    - Encourage local businesses to think big by giving grants.
    - Set a goal of becoming Tech powerhouse for the whole world and create opportunities for youth so that they can help with this goal.
    - Once the system is clean, encourage democracy but stay in command.
    You've mentioned the issue of corruption. It seems to me that some Indians are afraid to talk about this, as if ignoring the problem will cause it to stop existing. Nonetheless corruption is rampant in seemingly all levels of the Indian government, and stopping it would go a long way to making India a country we can all be proud of; and a country from which people no longer wish to emigrate.

namaste Sanjaya,

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    You've mentioned the issue of corruption.
    Corruption is a misunderstood issue or problem. We have to look at why there is corruption. What makes a person be it a gov't official or a traffic cop corrupt? Is it because they are just greedy or is it because they can't survive or provide for their family? When people's basic needs are not met they resolve to creative ways of making money. The main problem then becomes how to address the basic needs of the people so that they don't take the unethical ways of corruption. Sure there will always be the greedy ones that will have to be taken care of by other means but crux of the problem can be resolved by just focusing on this one issue i.e. create an economy that provides the basic standard of living for its people. How can gov't do that?

Have you ever played 'simcity'? I am not saying that running a country is like playing a game of simcity but the principles are the same.

It is gov't job to provide services to its citizens and kick start the economy, invest in infrastructure and education. Then everything falls into place. People become happier, wealthier, more educated and healthier. How can gov't provide the services and kick-start economy? We have to look at the resources that a gov't can rely on. Providing services costs money. Where does this money come from? From taxes. Thus the process to collect taxes from people and businesses should be bullet proof i.e. no holes in it.

How do you ensure consistent flow of revnue i.e. tax money that can be spent to better provide the services? Create more jobs. How to create more jobs? Create more businesses? How to create more businesses? Encourage such a thing with gov't grants, educate the masses, provide better infrastructure, attract international investments. India's strengths are its resources and a young hungry for success generation. We have the largest population of young people on the planet. They are smart, educated, can speak, read write international business language of english and most of all they are hungry for economic successes. A good PM would have to create opportunities for their success so that they can pay taxes to the gov't and then ensure solid processes that will provide excellent services back to the people.

Simple.
    Last edited by satay; 22 December 2010 at 10:01 AM.
    satay

Good thinking Satay. I only wish more Indians who are prospering in America would use their expansive fortunes to better their home country. There are many who do this but much more are needed to make a long lasting impact.

i wish india had a pm like you, satay. Very nice to read your post. India has a lot of natural resources including hr as well. But the main problem is the mafia. Importing goods unnecessarily owing to MNCs, giving subsidies to MNC products, converting fertile land to 'economic zones', artificially increasing the prices of commodities........the list is very big.......

It's not like people didn't try to solve this issue before, but they were all either killed or fired.
    and talking about the ganges, i read a blog,a chinese one, where in a buch of chinese visitors came to varanasi to make a documentary-type on holy ganges. It was really shocking to see those pictures........i can't believe that i have taken bath and drunk from the same river...but that was 15-17 years back......sorry i forgot the link.......but ganga is very polluted by the dead bodies and other wastes.......
    Sarva DharmAAn Parityajya

Thread Information