Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why didnt Shri Krishan Bhagwan Marry With Radha Ji?

1. Cool Re: Why didnt Shri Krishan Bhagwan Marry With Radha Ji?

I don't think Krishna ever married Radha.

After Jaidev Goswami, Surdas made devotion of Radha Krishan popular.

Some scholars of Gargsamhita and Brahmavaivartapuran say that Rukmini and Radha are one as Devi Lakshmi herself.

Some stories in Braj say Krishna married Radha in Braj before getting married to Rukmini and Satyabhama etc.

Some scholars say that Radha was power of and not wife of Krishna, i.e. Radha was Krishna and Krishna was Radha. There is no deference between them, all the gopis were richa of Rig-Veda. And Rukmani was incarnation of Devi Laxmi and was Krishna's wife.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Re: Why didnt Shri Krishan Bhagwan Marry With Radha Ji?

As has been so eloquently stated before, Radha and Krishna, and for that matter, Rama and Hanuman are there for us to learn about the Bhakti aspect of worship. We humans understand ONLY the physical relationships, but the appearance of Radha-Krishna and Ram-Hanuman are meant to show us the celestial relationships based on love and total devotion of a devotee towards the Lord. Maybe we can get our arms around these divine concepts as soon as we get our heads out of the relationships that exist between mere mortals. The sole purpose of Radha's and Hanuman's existence was to show the total lack of any goal/purpose in life other than to have pure devotion to, and to serve the Lord. Any discussion beyond that is to let the human mind run wild; think of these divine creations as mere humans and to try to link their pastimes/activities to mundane human existence.

Quote Originally Posted by amra View Post
    Krishna is Radha, so how can he marry her?
    All of Krishna's other wives are parts of Radha so he marries them only to enjoy Radha through them.
    Another thing to consider is to choose our words correcly for explaining religious thoughts. The word 'enjoy' is quite crass when used in relation to the pastimes/activities of the divine. As soon as the word 'enjoy' is used for a relationship between the male and female, most humans start thinking about sex. This is not the case for the male/female forms of shakti. The divine beings don't need the human form of love which inevitably involves sex to feel fulfilled. So, I am careful to not use the word 'enjoy' when talking about divine relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post
    Krishna and Radha are not separate, even though to the individual observing Them, blissfully happy in each other's company, They appear separate. Their's is a very special relationship, a unique love unlike any other, the ultimate embodiment of love between God and soul which goes beyond and even defies social conventions like marriage.
    Sunyata's description encapsulates what this relationship is meant to show us all - to go beyond the human concept of love-marriage-sex-enjoy and to show 'the ultimate embodiment of love between God and soul'. There is no need for tags like husband-wife or master-slave for divine relationships of Radha-Krishna and Ram-Hanuman to exist. They are pure acts of complete devotion of a devotee to the object of his/her worship.
    Last edited by Believer; 24 December 2010 at 04:46 PM.

Luckily, I was at the wedding of Radha and Krishna and took some wedding pictures for my album.

Picture 84.jpg

I was also at the wedding of Shiva and Parvati and took a picture of the baraat.

Picture 85.jpg

When I was invited to the wedding of Rama and Sita, I took this picture.

Picture 89.jpg
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 25 December 2010 at 01:52 AM.

My dear Sahas,

Please forgive me for not realizing that we had a deity of the caliber of Narad Muni - who could travel between the celestial and earthly domains and also travel in time - amongst us. We are so fortunate to have such an exalted soul in the forum who can provide us with the pictures taken with his cell phone camera, of all the important events in the lives of our Gods during their different incarnations. Where would we be without the cell phone cameras and the internet? The only thing that could have made this visual experience even more fulfilling would have been a video footage of these events. Perhaps you had your video camera with you but the priests told you that it was a no no to make a video of these events, as that might be inauspicious.

At the personal level, I am so glad to have you as a friend and a trusted adviser who can take me from the material realm to the divine realm and bring me right back. Your magic carpet is awesome and your cell phone camera is simply great. We will have these pictures for the future generations of devotees to prove that their Lordships indeed got married per the Hindu rites, which proves that Hinduism is the greatest religion in the world. Since you were a barati at all these events, please let us know what was served in the feast? Was it all vegetarian food or did they deviate from the dharma for this one feast for the baratis?

With all these pictures, I am confused about your loyalty to one sampradaye? Also, giving us the links was a smart move. You were able to interject your personal agenda and talk about the marriage of other deities besides the one mentioned by the OP. It was so sweet of you to give us, saffron terrorists, a glimpse of what happened back in different yugas of our history, and we are eternally greatful to you.

My deepest respects and an expectation of more details.

Regards.

LOL, I hope you realise I was joking around.

Unfortunately, we don't have video proof, all we have is shabda pramana of the itihasas and puranas.
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 25 December 2010 at 11:43 AM.

So was I.
    We covered all the points from my Dharmic discussion sticky.
    Last edited by Believer; 25 December 2010 at 11:56 AM.

9. Cool Re: Why didnt Shri Krishan Bhagwan Marry With Radha Ji?

Believer has given right example, Radha Krishna were never married, Shiv Parvati and Sita Ram were merried .

Radha's presence shows only Bhakt's presence with Ishwar. I can recall two incidents-

Hot Milk Incident-

Krishna's wives were jealous of Radha, because Krishna's immeasurable love for Radha. Once, they gave the bowl of burning hot milk to Radha, saying that Krishna had sent it for her and unaware Radha readily drank the hot milk, however she did not suffered. When the surprised wives returned to Krishna, they found him full of painful ulcers. Krishna took all her pain and miseries upon himself.

Charanaamrit Incident-

All of Krishna’s Bhakt was not happy with Krishna's immeasurable love for Radha.
    Once, Sri Krishna got very ill. Krishna asked that he would be alright if, he drinks the Charanaamrit of a true devotee. Everyone was asked but all of them were afraid of committing a serious offense, by offering the water to Sri Krishna with which they had washed their feet, so nobody except Radha agreed, she said: "What does it matter if I have to go to narak but my Lord must be released of pain".

That proves Radha Krishna were not married, they were Bhakt and Ishwar
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Smile Re: Why didnt Shri Krishan Bhagwan Marry With Radha Ji?

Radha is Jeevaatma and Lord Krishna Paramaatmaa! Depending upon one's understanding, Advaitic, Vishishtadvaitic or Dvaitic, one can interpret their union!
    Last edited by kahanam; 29 December 2010 at 03:03 AM.

Thread Information