Thread: Wisdom of Buddha

Smile Wisdom of Buddha

Dear all,
    I'm compiling the quotes from the wisdom of Buddha. Though I'm not a Buddhist myself ..the wisdom of Buddha makes me feel good and helps me in my ordeals. I would request everybody to add the wisdom in form of quotes or short stories or parables and earnestly request to refrain from intellectual debates in this post.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Buddha's Wisdom:

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.”

“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.”

“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”

“You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.”

“One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.”

“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”

“Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”

“What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind.”
    āĨ ā¤Žā¤šāĨ‡ā¤ļāĨā¤ĩā¤°ā¤žā¤¯ ā¤¨ā¤Žā¤ƒ

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Re: Wisdom of Buddha

Namaste realdemigod,

One of my favorite quotes by Gautama Buddha is "Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule."

Jai Sri Ram

Re: Wisdom of Buddha

Thank you Ramakrishna
    āĨ ā¤Žā¤šāĨ‡ā¤ļāĨā¤ĩā¤°ā¤žā¤¯ ā¤¨ā¤Žā¤ƒ

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Thread Information