Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bhaivishya Purana and Jesus Christ

Question Bhaivishya Purana and Jesus Christ

I'd like to kindly ask people to read this article:

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/jesus_p...literature.htm

Do you think the acharya of the Mleccha Dharma is indeed Jesus Christ?

Re: Bhaivishya Purana and Jesus Christ

Namaste Pietro Impagliazzo,

I have read that article before as well as other sources on the subject. Jesus was not originally mentioned in the Bhavishya Purana or any other Hindu scriptures for that matter.

The Bhavishya Purana is supposed to contain prophecies about the future. However, it has been corrupted and tampered with by Christian missionaries and others. There are several different versions of the text and none of them predate the British rule of India. Missionaries put Jesus in there to try to show that he was in Hinduism and then they would sucker the Indians into converting by saying they need to accept Jesus as their savior or burn in hell.

Jai Sri Ram

Well... I see some issues with this theory:

Accepting that Jesus is actually the mleccha-dharma bringer puts the whole Christianity below Hinduism (from a Christian POV), because first their avatar who needs whole divinity and for the evangelical sects, needs to be God himself, is only a guru in the parampara of Sanatana Dharma.

This really doesn't sound like conversion material to me... It doesn't make any sense! I repeat, it doesn't make any sense!

Predating or not predating, the issue that the article mentions about British seizing all sanskrit writings may be the cause and it also brings the question: What else was modificated with a malicious intent?

However it was not clear to me if all the differing versions of the Bhaivishya Purana contains the prophecy of Isha Mashiha or not. That asks for further study!

Om Tat Sat

Namaste,

Go read: http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/feature...eatures186.htm

Have a nice day,
    ~Alice
    Siva Yogaswami used to say, "It takes courage to be happy all the time."

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    Well... I see some issues with this theory:

Accepting that Jesus is actually the mleccha-dharma bringer puts the whole Christianity below Hinduism (from a Christian POV), because first their avatar who needs whole divinity and for the evangelical sects, needs to be God himself, is only a guru in the parampara of Sanatana Dharma.

This really doesn't sound like conversion material to me... It doesn't make any sense! I repeat, it doesn't make any sense!

Predating or not predating, the issue that the article mentions about British seizing all sanskrit writings may be the cause and it also brings the question: What else was modificated with a malicious intent?

However it was not clear to me if all the differing versions of the Bhaivishya Purana contains the prophecy of Isha Mashiha or not. That asks for further study!

Om Tat Sat
    It does makes sense. What they want to show is that all other religions are inferior and only lead towards Christianity. They claim Jesus was the messiah predicted by the Jews, in this way they can claim that Judaism was leading towards Christianity. In the same way, if they can make Hindus believe that Jesus was predicted as a prophet or messiah in Hinduism, they can say that Hinduism was only leading towards Christianity, so that the words of Jesus should be accepted as final by people of both Judaism and Hinduism. This was the agenda of the Christian indologists. In turn neo-Hindus play the same card against the Christians, trying to show that Christianity is only a branch of Hinduism, they have tried to remodel Jesus just like the indologists tried to remodel Hinduism. Maybe this is a result of their karma.

The best approach for traditional Hindus is just to avoid mingling Jesus, Abraham, Noah, Adam and Eve in Hinduism, because it will ruin our religion, like a drop of poison can ruin a glass of pure ganga water. Some acharyas use this poison only in homeopathic doses, they talk solely of Sanatana Dharma, but still use the name of Jesus to explain it. This is unnecessary nonsense. There is absolutely no reason to use Jesus to explain Sanatana Dharma. Hinduism has its own rich culture and history, we should not have to resort to Christian fables. The names of the important figures of Sanatana Dharma should be chanted every morning right after waking up, this is very auspicious. Hanuman, Vibhishana, Prahlada, Bhishma, Nala, Harishchandra, Yudhistira, Sapta Rishis, Kumaras, Acharyas like Vyasa, Shankara, Ramanuja, avataras of Vishnu, the 12 jyotirlingas, the tirthas, the planets, names of Ganesh and Surya, women like Ahalya, Draupadi, Kunti, Tara, Mandodari and Sita. These names will purify the Hindu, but being infatuated with the name of a mleccha who condems us all to hell will not be auspicious and therefore should be avoided.
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 04 January 2011 at 09:27 AM.

Sahasranama, It's not using Jesus to explain SD, it's investigating if those verses of the Bhaivishya Purana are authentic or not.

It would be the same to say that any of the personalities described there are poisons and shouldn't even be material of puranic research. A little farfetched and heavy on fear for my taste.

And coming to the conclusion that Jesus was indeed predicted in this Purana (after research) will conclude that Christianity is SD for the not so capable and I still have no idea how can this something a Christian would want to admit, maybe it can be used for conversion but maybe only for people who would be converted by anything in the first place. I also don't see how that is "mingling Jesus" with SD.

The text Alisija sent is very good. I'll keep looking for other opinions and writings about it.

Om Tat Sat

My first paragraph was a response to your topic, my second paragraph was just a rambling on the topic of the use of Christian fables in modern Hinduism.

Duly noted.

Heh, yeah I've read this before. I've never had a missionary through this one at me. But if he or she did, I wouldn't bother bringing out the facts and arguing. For me a simple "no, I'm not converting" will suffice.

Glad to see, however, that others have done research and exposed this claim for the fraud that it is.

I agree, I wouldn't be bothered with the Bhavishya Purana. The original Bhavishya Purana has been destroyed. The modern versions only mention "future" events up untill victorion rule over India. I think that says enough. It doesn't matter who did the tampering, missionairies or someone else, it's clear that the purana is not authentic.

Thread Information