Thread: South Africa Third Test Cricket Match

South Africa Third Test Cricket Match

namaste,

Did anyone of you see it? I saw the four days play and last night's play is on my PVR waiting for me to get home and start watching so if you have seen the whole match don't spoil it for me by telling me the result.

But what an amazing four days of play...South african bowlers are amazing! That Steyn and Kallis...unreal...

Of course, our bowlers were brilliant in the first innings. Zahir Khan brings pride to India and bhajji of course bhajji seven wickets on the fourth day! What an amazing match.
    satay

Re: South Africa Third Test Cricket Match

pranam

great we will talk about it tomorrow

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    great we will talk about it tomorrow

Jai Shree Krishna
    Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to watch it last night and I will have to wait till the weekend. But I do know the result now and watched Sehwag go down. The pitch was too hard and the ball was too bouncy but I think we would have won so not sure why both teams agreed to draw. I suppose they had enough...

But what a series.
    satay

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste,

Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to watch it last night and I will have to wait till the weekend. But I do know the result now and watched Sehwag go down. The pitch was too hard and the ball was too bouncy but I think we would have won so not sure why both teams agreed to draw. I suppose they had enough...

But what a series.
    No there was not enough time for either team to win, there were only 8 overs left when they shook the hands for a draw.

We let them off the hook on the 4th day when we had them struggling on 130 for 6 had we got them out say under 200/250 we would have won, Kallis was on the way he played really well.

on the last day there were only two possibility either SA win or a draw.
    to score 340 runs on a fifth day on a crumbling pitch would have been a miracle. even on a good pitch in a first innings 340 would have been a difficult score, average is about 300 in a test match.

but boys played well, to take it to a draw on that pitch against the best ballers in the world was a great achievement we ended up drawing the series that ins self is a first against SA

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Pranam
    No there was not enough time for either team to win, there were only 8 overs left when they shook the hands for a draw.
    Oh I see.

We let them off the hook on the 4th day when we had them struggling on 130 for 6 had we got them out say under 200/250 we would have won, Kallis was on the way he played really well.
    I really don't know what happened there. According to Harbajan the seamers didn't support him. Khan sahib turned himself off I think.
    Actually on that note, why don't we have good fast ballers of the calibre of Steyn and Morkel? We have a billion people there not a few can be trained to be fast ballers? None of our 'fast' ballers went over 138 km/hour when Steyn has the ability to consistently go over 140 all day long. ?

but boys played well, to take it to a draw on that pitch against the best ballers in the world was a great achievement we ended up drawing the series that ins self is a first against SA

Jai Shree Krishna
    Yes, all in all a great match.

Was it just me or the SA commentators were a bit too biased? Yes, Kallis played a good game but they kept on harping about it the whole time. Same thing about indian ballers. Complaining about sreesant and khan to be aggressive but when ashwell and steyn or harris were dishing it out commentators and umpires were like 'oh well, that happens in a match.'

I haven't been following cricket for some many years now and I didn't realize that our team is ranked number 1 in the world! I like the 'aggression' of our young players too. SA commentators were surprised about the attitudes and made comments like, 'the young players are not taking it lying down?'
    satay

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Oh I see.

I really don't know what happened there. According to Harbajan the seamers didn't support him. Khan sahib turned himself off I think.
    Yes and no, it happens kallis turned out to be the stumbling block despite him being in terrible agony and the tail enders ably supported him, yes the seamer's let us down not necessary Khan sahib he was tired and twitching his shoulder, biggest disappointment was Ishant Sharma and shreeshant needs to channel his energy wisely.

Actually on that note, why don't we have good fast ballers of the calibre of Steyn and Morkel? We have a billion people there not a few can be trained to be fast ballers? None of our 'fast' ballers went over 138 km/hour when Steyn has the ability to consistently go over 140 all day long. ?
    good question, our pitches in India does not encourage that, saying that we have come a long way from the likes of Abed ali. Ishant Sharma when he started was very quick in the 140 in Australia. since then i don't know what happened he has dropped his speed.

Yes, all in all a great match.

Was it just me or the SA commentators were a bit too biased? Yes, Kallis played a good game but they kept on harping about it the whole time. Same thing about Indian ballers. Complaining about sreesant and khan to be aggressive but when ashwell and steyn or harris were dishing it out commentators and umpires were like 'oh well, that happens in a match.'
    you right they were very biased, i dont mind Kallis because he did play well. but the sledging was bad unfortunately Sreeshat was blatant were else the SA were subtle, Indians need to learn the art off doing it.

I haven't been following cricket for some many years now and I didn't realize that our team is ranked number 1 in the world! I like the 'aggression' of our young players too. SA commentators were surprised about the attitudes and made comments like, 'the young players are not taking it lying down?'
    yes that has been so for a while long may it remain, it will be an interesting series this summer between I India and england.

Jai Shree Krishna

good question, our pitches in India does not encourage that, saying that we have come a long way from the likes of Abed ali. Ishant Sharma when he started was very quick in the 140 in Australia. since then i don't know what happened he has dropped his speed.

Jai Shree Krishna
    I see. Yeah, I don't know what was with Ishant. He kept bowling no balls!. Why doesn't he use a tape measure is beyond my understanding.

Well, I am looking forward to the one day matches. I didn't know about the England series in summer but hey I will take any cricket I can get this year. It has been many years of vanvaas from my favourite game.
    satay

Namaste,

I saw bits of the match. Harbhajan Singh is amazing! Another century for the great Tendulkar as well.

Jai Sri Ram

Thread Information