Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Islam what the West needs to know

Re: Islam what the West needs to know

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Namaste Pietro,

Can you expand on this or tell me more about this golden age during Kali Yuga? There is still a lot of time left in Kali Yuga, and while it has seen the birth and rise of Christianity and Islam, I think it would be nice if the fall of those religions also occur before this yuga is over. But perhaps something even darker will rise in their place..

Jai Sri Ram
    Ramakrishna, I didn't see your question mate, sorry!

Gaudiya Vaishnavas regard Chaitanya Mahaprabhu as an avatar (they also regard Prabhupada as predicted since he spread the Maha Mantra into every village, as said by Chaitanya himself, IIRC), so for Vaishnavas the world began to be influenced by good energies after Chaitanya stepped on it.

An example a devotee friend of mine uses is the Age of Discovery, most nagivations were motivated to find a certain 'Mountain of Gold' in India, but this mountain of gold that they saw on letters was referring to Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.

Since the Age of Discovery, the expansion of our horizons and new discoveries have been made, we stepped out of the darkness of the middle ages into rational Illuminism and now a world where dharma is more proeminent.

I also think there's evidence and factors for this age astrologically, perhaps Yajvan could expand on this matter.

Re: Islam what the West needs to know

Namaste, I must give my two cents here. First I would not like to compare Islam to Communism. Communism is a political theory that is based on equality and freedom in my view. The atrocities that are sometimes attributed to communism have nothing to do with that. Remember many communist revolutions occur in areas where governments oppress and even kill their own people. Yes some communist rebels revolt and there is blood shed, but that is to be expected. We must condemn any type of excessive violence for the sake of violence. I would not compare Muhammad, a terrorist to Che Geuvara who is seen by Latin America and much of the 3rd world as a hero. Muhammad taught totalitarianism while the communist says that we need a state run by the people and for the people. Islam and christianity both are violent religions. Some christians may say their religion is of peace and we are glad that they say so, but this does not take back the fact that clinging to dogma can cause violence from religious extremist. Look at the history of christianity and if we look closer behind close doors we find that Christianity was stolen from the Gnostic Christians who had quite a different view of Christ and even saw symbolism of other pagans gods, because to be quite frank, Jesus was based on myths of ancient peoples. There has always been deception in Christianity from the time of Eusebius to before it. Constantine did not make it better as he masquerade as a righteous man despite the fact that after making Christianity the state religion and over saw the creed of Nicea, he murders his wife and son and then gets baptized on his death bed. We need not to mention that Christians also accept that there was an 'old law' from the old testament that allowed genocide in the name of an imaginary deity. So the point is that Christianity and the rest of the Abrahamic faiths have a real history of violence and there is evidence of it all over their writings. We can say that now Muslims are more extreme than christians, but how many Christians wants politicians to go to war in other countries so that they can bring back the second coming of Christ? How many Christians claim that the reason the Tsunami caused havoc in Japan is because the evil Japanese attacked Christians at Pearl Harbor. So there are extremist very apparent in the Abrahamic faith. Om Namah Sivaya

Thread Information