Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Islam what the West needs to know

Islam what the West needs to know

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2797772997781#

Everything you've always wanted to know about Islam but were afraid to ask. The feature documentary that discovers the basis of Muslim violence in the Koran and the life of Muhammad. jihad terror Muhammad Koran Quran Fitna

Re: Islam what the West needs to know

nice signature avatar, I'll copy it when I get home haha =)

Is this a link to a hate site disguised as 'truth about Islam' or something? I want to know before I click....

No, it's an objective analysis of the fundamental tenets of Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    No, it's an objective analysis of the fundamental tenets of Islam.
    Of course, of course.

I just finished watching the video and it is very honest, accurate...and even heart touching.

Anyone who has read the Islamic Hadith and Qur'an would know that. Slightly before 9/11 I read a book called Beneath The Veil and became interested in the hate of Islam. I wanted to understand Islam better as my husband worked with many Muslims and had been having difficulty with them...but some had befriended him and had been kind.

I wanted to understand the vast differences in these people and why some were so violent at his work place...while others were so kind and loving.

So I have read these scriptures and I encourage anyone who hasn't, to read them...or at least watch this video posted.

But, honestly they didn't even put the worst verses of the Qur'an upon that video...so it's tame compared to watching the video out there of some of the innocent people who were beheaded in the past 10 years for Islam. I can not unsee these things, nor would I wish it...as knowledg of these attrocities is very crucial to know this world for what it is...hell.

Normally, I'd stay away from people who 'analyze' verses in religious texts and thus show the followers of said religion in a bad light.

Yes, in a perfect world that would be the cut and dry of it.

However...Islam is not really a religion...in fact it's actually more of a way of life such as communism...and it spreads just the same way.
    Last edited by NayaSurya; 01 April 2011 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post
    Yes, in a perfect world that would be the cut and dry of it.

However...Islam is not really a religion...in fact it's actually more of a way of life such as communism...and it spreads just the same way.
    And someone else could say the same thing about Christianity and capitalism and what else not. They too could come up with hundreds of verses from the Bible to 'prove' that Christianity is evil, and it is a western imperialist ploy to control the world's resources; they could also point to historical events like imperialist invasions of Asia, America, and Africa to reinforce their view.

They could also point to the several illegal wars that the US govt. has waged over the years - and blame both capitalism and Christianity for the mess. Capitalism because it's greedy for oil and other resources and profits, and Christianity because most of the invaders are Christians.

As you can see, two can play this game, so it is better not to dehumanize other cultures/religions because the same logic could come back to bite us. Besides, I thought this was a Hindu dharma forum, not a Muslim bashing or Mahatma bashing forum, which is what I see around here.

Agree with NayaSurya . In a forum like this ideally one needs to ask muslims about their take on their own (present or former) faith. A small number of them were vocal and very much civilized in their analysis. Naturally they are the least popular ones in their mother lands and lamentably their constructive criticism wasn’t viewed favorably. The fortunate few had fled, the rest were killed or are languishing in prison on various framed charges. In west and India, ironically a muslim gets away criticizing Christianity and Hinduism without facing any retribution since Muslims uniformly enjoy greatest freedom in nonmuslim lands!!!
    Please explore the web and look for muslims running self-critical blogs, not many are available though but there are a few I know of: faithfreedom.org (blog owner Ali Sina PhD is a former Iranian muslim and wrote a book on Mohammed, a true PhD work it was), ayaan hirsi ali (born in Somalia), wafa sultan (Syria).
    Islam has to reform itself not because nonmuslims are demanding it but because its coreligionists are desiring so. Have you ever heard any one issuing a fatwa against killing a nonmuslim (by a muslim), I didn’t. There were celebrations across Pakistan for killing a federal elected lawmaker who happens to be a Christian, that too one who oversees the interests of religious minorities (sic).No fatwa was issued, I must add.
    . Om Shanti.
    Last edited by charitra; 01 April 2011 at 03:37 PM.

Thread Information