Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on night shift and ama

Re: Question on night shift and ama

namaste PI and others.

In my experience, most dreams are just random dramatizations of events and elements stored in our chitta--memory part of the mind. Since the mind randomly combines events, people and objects stored, our dreams are often weird fantasies that are sometimes revolting. When we live in the jAgrat--waking, state, we can think anything that is--peaceful, happy, sad, vulgur, violent, fantastic, and so on--if we relax the hold of our freewill on the mind. In our svapna--dream, state, the mind is not controlled by the will, so it runs haphazard.

It seems that there is a relationship between karma and dreams. Do we experience and make karma in dreams? The answer depends on how developed the jIva--individual Ego, is. With spiritual development of the jIva, comes the ability to use the will power to be conscious of and control our dream state. With such ability, the developed person is bound to experience and make karma in dreams, because his/her actions in the dream are willful. With ordinary people, however, no karma would be involved in dreams since they are just random sequence of events played out by the mind.

In your case, since you are actively involved in your plans to make films and consequently should be watching lots of films and film sequences, this could be one reason for your dreams to be such as to cause anxiety and agitation.

Here is a link to the Theosophical perspective of karma and dreams:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=bVr...ams%22&f=false

This book can be downloaded here:
    http://www.archive.org/download/extr...00corbiala.pdf
    рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдХрд░рдзреМрддрдкрджрд╛рдВ рд╣рд┐рдорд╛рд▓рдпрдХрд┐рд░реАрдЯрд┐рдиреАрдореН ред
    рдмреНрд░рд╣реНрдорд░рд╛рдЬрд░реНрд╖рд┐рд░рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдвреНрдпрд╛рдВ рд╡рдиреНрджреЗ рднрд╛рд░рддрдорд╛рддрд░рдореН рее

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Namastщ,

I just wanted to write a quick follow-up to my original message and praise everyone for their excellent advice. After cutting down on coffee and black tea and drinking more herbal tea instead, adding cold buttermilk with roasted cumin and salt (YUM) to my diet, changing my sleep hours a little to sleep during darkness instead of light, and doing a little quiet meditation before bed, I'm feeling better. I still have the occasional off day, but it's certainly not every day like it was before.

Thanks so much, all of you. This forum is a wonderful place.

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Just using this thread for a question: What do you usually do when you have to sleep and are sleepless? Either because your sleep schedule is reversed or because you went to sleep too late the other day?

Are there practices that relax the mind enough for it to go to sleep? Perhaps just simple relaxation pranayama?

Thread Information