Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capitalism and Ayurvedic products

Re: Capitalism and Ayurvedic products

Ground up bones is also part of Ayurveda. In Tibetan Ayurveda even human bones are used. Ayurveda is not always necessarily pure and vegetarian. Ayurvedic doctors also claim they can treat mercury to make it non-toxic. I believe this might be possible in some way, but I would rather be safe than sorry and avoid ingesting such medicine.

Prana is indeed a very powerful force, but I think Swami Rama gives people false hope. It's good to have hope when you are not healthy, but making people believe that they can be cured from AIDS and cancer with a few breathing exercises is criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Prana is indeed a very powerful force, but I think Swami Rama gives people false hope. It's good to have hope when you are not healthy, but making people believe that they can be cured from AIDS and cancer with a few breathing exercises is criminal.
    I agree somewhat. But whenever I see Ramadev in tele he somehow comes as honest - seems like he believes it can be done. But it is perilious to judge people.

But I like his bharat swabhiman yatra - he seemed to have completely switched gears to politics and is openly challanging Congress now and very much fuels patriotism among common Indians which is much needed. It now almost seems, all this yoga pranayama was a means to gain sizable audience before he started to talk his main agenda. No other popular saint has shown the guts he has shown as of now.

But yes, he is still taking the easier way, attacking mainly corruption, cow slaughter and such issues. Never a word agains Islamofascism or Xianity conversions.

So I am not really sure about him. But generally comes out as man with good intentions.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Yogi cleared of animal parts row
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4786114.stm

I never claimed I can cure AIDS: Ramdev
    http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report...ramdev_1071141

Vannakkam: Regarding toxins, a lot of substances are beneficial in small quantities, but toxic in large qualities. Most prescription meds would fit into this idea. That's partly why they are prescription meds. Even nutmeg and water are toxic if done in large quantities. So a more detailed approach needs to be had. Ayurveda attempts to do that, I believe. Always follow the doctor's orders.

Aum Namasivaya

Hari Om!

This may sound somewhat ignorant, and it may just be, but I'd rather have the toxins of Ayurveda than those of the big chemical companies that prey on individuals in the name of health. Don't get me wrong - modern med has helped and continues to help many, but where did it gets it roots? Did I hear ... yes... Auyrveda?

I do take a couple of Ayurvedic preparations and can swear by them. As in an earlier post, triphala is one I treasure, as is tulasi.

Quote Originally Posted by flabber View Post
    Yogi cleared of animal parts row
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4786114.stm

I never claimed I can cure AIDS: Ramdev
    http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report...ramdev_1071141
    Thanks for posting these links.

I also had no idea of his political involvement.
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 02 March 2011 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: Regarding toxins, a lot of substances are beneficial in small quantities, but toxic in large qualities. Most prescription meds would fit into this idea. That's partly why they are prescription meds. Even nutmeg and water are toxic if done in large quantities. So a more detailed approach needs to be had. Ayurveda attempts to do that, I believe. Always follow the doctor's orders.

Aum Namasivaya
    Yes, just like Paracelsus said:
    Alle Ding' sind Gift, und nichts ohn' Gift; allein die Dosis macht, daß ein Ding kein Gift ist.

("All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous.")

Thread Information