Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Dvaita have a mental Model?

Does Dvaita have a mental Model?

Does Dvaita have a mental Model like Advaita? Can someone point me in the right direction about Dvaita?

Re: Does Dvaita have a mental Model?

What do you mean by "Mental model"???

ino viśvasya bhuvanasya ghopā sa mā dhīra pākamatrā viveśa || 21/164/1mndlm
    There is the Universe's mighty Keeper, who, wise, hath entered into me the simple.
    tasyedāhu pippala svādvaghre tan non naśad yapitara na veda || 22/164/1mndlm
    Upon its top they say the fig is luscious: none gaineth it who knoweth not the Father.

supara viprā kavayo vacobhireka santa bahudhākalpayanti |5/114/10mndlm

Him with fair wings though only One in nature, wise singers shape, with songs, in many figures…..translation by mr Griffith

If somebody tries to learn , this advaita is the concept of jeeva being the part of parmatma , but not the parmatma .

And this is the mental model concept for dvaita .

When I say Mental Model I mean.. Like how Advaita separates the mind in different categories.. I.E. Manah, Chitta, Buddhi..

That is not Just "Advaita". It is the "Veda" which gives you all the idea of creation and the constitution of creations. The "Dvaita" model attribute the "power" and "cause" of such elements ( Bhutas) to Iswara, the Bagavan. He is OM, He is the one Who allow allow the Jiva to cognize, remember, recollect, contemplate as well as opposite of all these. Jiva do not have any control over any of these is the model that Vaishanva schools follows.

Oh that is very nice gramesji .
    Vinashyatswavinashyantam yah pashyati sa pashyati. 28/13
    Here as you said ...He is OM, He is the one Who allow the Jiva to cognize, remember, recollect, contemplate...leads to Advaita , I feel .
    But ...in my view...as well as opposite of all these...as you said is Dvaita model .
    Thanks

Thats interesting Guptaji. Vaishnavas believe that, He is the Agent for cognizing, recollecting and contemplating etc. for a jiva. In simple terms, Jiva do not have any power on its own to do any sort of actions except the Kartatva (will) and so always "dependent" on Ishwara". How does it leads to "Advaita"?? I am very curious...

Very simple...
    यस्मिन्त्यासर्वानी भुतान्यात्मैवाभुद्विजन्तः , तत्र कह मोहः कह शोक एकत्वमनुपश्यतः .७/४० यजुर्वेद

Jyotishaamapi tajjyotistamasah paramuchyate;
    Jnaanam jneyam jnaanagamyam hridi sarvasya vishthitam.
    That, the Light of all lights, is beyond darkness; it is said to be knowledge, the Knowable
    and the goal of knowledge, seated in the hearts of all.18/13 gita

Quote Originally Posted by kd gupta View Post
    Oh that is very nice gramesji .
    Vinashyatswavinashyantam yah pashyati sa pashyati. 28/13
    Here as you said ...He is OM, He is the one Who allow the Jiva to cognize, remember, recollect, contemplate...leads to Advaita , I feel .
    But ...in my view...as well as opposite of all these...as you said is Dvaita model .
    Thanks
    Namaste Gupta ji,

After reading your post I am inclined to remind you of these verses from Bhagwad Gita and Kathopanishad :

Bhagwad Gita

Yadaksharam vedvido vadanti
    Vishanti yadyatayo vItraagaah |
    Yadichchhanto brahmacharyam charanti
    Tatte padam sangraheNa pvakshaye || BG 8.11||

==> That akshar (syllable, imperishable) which the knowers of Vedas talk about, into whom the Sannyaasis enter into; for which (sages) observe Brahmacharayam ... I shall tell you of that highest state in brief.

Omityekaksharam Brahman vyaavharanmaamnusmaran |
    Yah prayaati tyajandehi sa yaati parmaam gatim || 8.13 ||

He who reciting OM, the one syllable which is Brahman and remembering me leaves the body attains the Ultimate state.

Kathopanishad

Sarve Veda yat padammananti
    Tapaansi sarvaaNi cha yad vadanti |
    Yadichchhanto brahmacharyam charanti
    Tatte padam sangraheNa bravImyotyetat || Chapter 1.15 ||

That highest state which is talked about by all the Vedas, which all the austerities talk about (for leading to), for which (sages) observe Brahmacharyam ... I shall tell you of that state in brief ... that is OM (or AUM) ... that is all.

See the similarity in what is told by Lord Krishna in Bhagwad Gita and what the Yama says to Nachiketa in Kathopanishad. How does what Grames says lead only to Advaita & not Dvaita ?

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste Devoteeji
    Yes , the fourth goal and is the moksha , the ultimate for Advaitins .

Thread Information