Thread: Hindu family facing Afghan deportation fears Taliban

Hindu family facing Afghan deportation fears Taliban

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12345492

A Hindu family facing deportation to Afghanistan say they fear religious persecution by the Taliban if they are forced to return.
    Arti Kumar says she fled the country in September 2007 with her two sons, Akash and Ravi, because they had been targeted by the Taliban.
    Ms Kumar claimed asylum upon arrival in the UK and was moved to Middlesbrough.
    She has now been told by the UK Border Agency that they do not have the right to remain here and must go back.
    She says: "I'd rather die here than go back and be killed. I've got nothing to go back for or to."

Re: Hindu family facing Afghan deportation fears Taliban

Sad, but we cannot probably blame the UK, except, maybe they are at the same time granting asylum to many muslim asylum seekers - but that's just bling guess work and alligation on my part.

But on the same page linked by you, I found this inspiring and brave story. Gotto admit the bravery of this young woman. In her shoes I would have fled with the 1st batch of those original 50,000 hindu & sikhs who has fled Afganisthan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8494291.stm
    She wanted to be a pilot as a child, but has now been recognised as a leading campaigner for the rights of Afghan women.
    "It is difficult for a woman to be a pilot in Afghanistan. My father said it does not fit in with this country's culture," Dr Anarkali Kaur Honaryar tells me, sitting in her office at the Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission.
    In some ways the high flyer has taken on a challenge much tougher than piloting planes.
    She fights for women's rights in a society that remains staunchly patriarchal, and where many of her gender still breathe beneath their veils....................................................
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Re: Hindu family facing Afghan deportation fears Taliban

This is so heartbreaking

~S

Thread Information