Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Understanding Islam

Understanding Islam

Army Lt. Colonel Allen West is one of the new members of the US congress, elected last year. Follow the link below about this Iraq war veteran's assessment of Islam:

http://secure.afa.net/afa/activism/t...ion.asp?id=384

Re: Understanding Islam

Yes, very good, but he probably will not admit that the Bible is also a fundamentalist book against non believers.

If you want to understand religious Islam, read the Qur'an. If you want to understand political Islam read Shariah Law and the Hadiths attributed to Muhammad. Nowadays its hard to distinguish the two, but believe me there are some Muslims(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an_alone). The thing I find amusing is how the "fundamentalists" main inspiration for their "jihad" is things that aren't even in their holy book.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    If you want to understand religious Islam, read the Qur'an. If you want to understand political Islam read Shariah Law and the Hadiths attributed to Muhammad. Nowadays its hard to distinguish the two, but believe me there are some Muslims(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an_alone). The thing I find amusing is how the "fundamentalists" main inspiration for their "jihad" is things that aren't even in their holy book.
    Oh no, its in their "holy" book. Verses on killing and pillaging infidels abound in the Quran for any unglazed eyes to see.

The same applies to Pisstianity.

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Yes, very good, but he probably will not admit that the Bible is also a fundamentalist book against non believers.
    Exactly, Col. West, a Christian, likely won't admit that he is perverting his religion by not stoning gays or killing people who work on Sunday.

Jai Sri Ram

Actually I tried hard to find something really holy in Q'uran and I failed ! It is a simple nonsense written (spoken) by a war-monger using unfounded threat of God to instil unreasonable fear into the hearts of his people & make them believe that if they die for whatever rubbish he says, they would get plenty of sex with sufficient food and water and wine and in a imaginary world called "heaven" !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Understanding Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Namaste,

Exactly, Col. West, a Christian, likely won't admit that he is perverting his religion by not stoning gays or killing people who work on Sunday.

Jai Sri Ram
    That isn't part of the Christian religion, those are ancient tribal laws recorded in the old testament.

Quote Originally Posted by rainycity View Post
    That isn't part of the Christian religion, those are ancient tribal laws recorded in the old testament.
    Isin't the old testament word of the Christian God?? So you are saying they are actually the word of some unknown tribals?
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

[QUOTE=rainycity;58610]That isn't part of the Christian religion, those are ancient tribal laws recorded in the old testament.[/quote[

And it is a part of Christianity. The general intolerance and scorn for other traditions and religions also appears throughout the New Testament in the form of arrogant verses like "I am the one...blah blah" thought admittedly in a less offensive and obvious way.

Of course, if you are willing to go against the commonly held fact that the entire Bible is the "Word of God" and risk being deemed a heretic, then be my guest. I personally love watching Christian hypocrites squirm.

Thread Information