Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The hoax called Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam

Re: The hoax called Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam

Namaste,

This thread is worth a read by our newer members. Of special interest is our distinguished member saidevo's interpretation.

Pranam.

Namaste

Just some more examples of what trouble arises when people do not understand the scriptures and other literature in their proper context.

May be you are not aware how the complete Indian wisdom is disgraced in the West.

Yoga is sold as physical exercises in fitness studios, Vedanta is sold as method for psychical healing.

Lenovo sells Yoga tablets
    http://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets/android-tablets/yoga-tablet/c/yoga-tab-3-series

Tantra is sold as sex
    http://tantramassagetraining.co.uk

Lingam massage
    http://massageonly.co.uk/massage/tantra-lingam-massage/

Yoni massage
    http://www.tantrictherapy.co.uk/yoni-massage-for-women/

This is only a small overview of the rich portfolio of crude Western mind.

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Indialover View Post
    Namaste

Just some more examples of what trouble arises when people do not understand the scriptures and other literature in their proper context.

May be you are not aware how the complete Indian wisdom is disgraced in the West.

Yoga is sold as physical exercises in fitness studios, Vedanta is sold as method for psychical healing.

Lenovo sells Yoga tablets
    http://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets/android-tablets/yoga-tablet/c/yoga-tab-3-series

Tantra is sold as sex
    http://tantramassagetraining.co.uk

Lingam massage
    http://massageonly.co.uk/massage/tantra-lingam-massage/

Yoni massage
    http://www.tantrictherapy.co.uk/yoni-massage-for-women/

This is only a small overview of the rich portfolio of crude Western mind.

Pranam
    Thank you very much India Lover. BTW, we at India are not left behind in this direction. A section under the garb of Hinduism is been into this business for the past 1000 years or so. I do not wish to side track this wonderful thread but can we believe that these nobler than the noblest weren't the creations of pseudo secularists or their pay masters?
    Anirudh...

Namaste

Very, very informative and welcome reading. It made me think of stories from other traditions: False prophets that sort of thing. Which interestingly leads into the point made later in the thread with India Lover and Anirudh. I can certainly concur with India Lover's point. I have been researching and reading as much as I can online, and I keep seeing all these sites and pages selling me "yoga" or some mystic experience. Again, reminds me of people offering salvation at a price regardless of faith, origin or direction.

In a way I am finding HDF to be a very valuable resource, so thank you for posting.

Namaste,

It isnt an East v West problem, the problem is avidya which lies in the heart of all conditioned beings, which should be first identified within our own being. As I was told once, when we point our finger just remember that only 1 finger is pointed at the object and 3 fingers are pointing towards ourself, its a hard message but alas at some point the message first has to start with us and then the work begins.

Chapter 7: Knowledge of the Absolute

TEXT 19
    bahunam janmanam ante
    jnanavan mam prapadyate
    vasudevah sarvam iti
    sa mahatma su-durlabhah

TRANSLATION
    After many births and deaths, he who is actually in knowledge surrenders unto Me, knowing Me to be the cause of all causes and all that is. Such a great soul is very rare.

Great souls who realize vasudevah sarvam iti, are in fact very very rare. Traditions are very important, and the founders of each tradition are the ones who are the ultimate authority, ultimately the traditions themselves have to be transcended as they are conventions, conventions have to be respected and followed but without attachment.

In the Pali tradition ( citation needed ) when Siddharta the awakened one Buddha held his councils in oral tradition to preserve the teachings of the Dharma he told his close disciples that as soon as the coals on his funeral pire went cold after his body was burned the teaching would be changed and altered.

After some time the teachings fall to much in human authority and become decadent and easily manipulated.

On the positive side when this happens a new Acharya usually appears or the gradual motion of setting the stage is persevered, Truth is always with us, the link is never lost or broken, it may just go underground or remain only with the few. In Kali Yuga only Truth remains from the 4 legs of Dharma, Truth cannot be destroyed.

Our safest and best bet for external measure is to rely only on the main authorities, Adi Shankara being one of the main Authority and Guru in this forum, so if one wants to learn advaita Vedanta the last word should be with Adi Shankara, or to seek out his most genuine representatives, who will always give credit and authority back to Adi Shankara, who then gives Credit to Vedas and Upanishads, who then give final authority to non human source of Brahman. The message then stays pure and without corruption and the true essence of universal truth is in tact. It transcends literal understanding, traditional conventions and one see's that same truth within all things, compounded and body-less simultaneously.

Each tradition has their main Guru's, 4 Vaishnava Sampradaya's whom each Acharya wanted complete unity among their separate traditions and non of then believed their teachings were sectarian, but sects arose within the followers and so disputes arose.

Usually after each Acharya appears there is some sort of boost, but two things seem to happen, the realization proper happens on a smaller scale, the Truth gets preserved by very few, but it is always there, the masses mistranslated but can have some benefit but gradually it falls in decadency. Then again there is another boost and, it seems to have some sort of cycle from what I have studied. There is always a link that is preserved between all the Acharyas, Gurus, Rishi's, Munis and Maha Siddhas, even if there are some apparent contradictions.

There is a universal message that is one, that is Dharma and there is a universal supreme Truth and that is Atma, Brahman which is the essence of all Beings. It needs a brilliant mind or Self Realized person to explain or show the way. Shastra is main authority, but to understand Shastra its preserved in Oral, or sound, Sabda Pramana. What can we do but be sincere and then it will come.

The main problem comes with verification. For me the 1st 2 chapters of Gita are so essential and after Arjuna was in state of dejection then 2nd Chapter verse 7 through to 30 teaches us how to verify the teachings which should always comply with Upanishads.

Harih Om
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 31 March 2017 at 06:42 AM.

Thread Information