Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair

Re: Hair

I shaved all my hair off in my third psychosis and everyone thought it was a good idea. (apparently my face suits baldness) but my mother does not will it. she says I then identify myself as a neo nazi.
    but I love my hair, and I mourn what I have lost. If I join the hare krishna's, I have to explain that I am autistic and can not conform to their wishes if they wish to see me bald.

I love going through my hair with my hands, and I doubt there's any shame in either extreme opposites.
    however I can never have dreadlocks, my hair is not suited for it. it's so thin..

but I think everyone is beautiful, and my autistic obsession is with the way people think. I can even fall in love with a woman who dresses like a boy and shaves her hair according to male formality.
    I'm not really gay but pretty close to bisexually. I just think everyone looks very beautiful.

but that's just my weird opinion. ignore me if you want, I just love typing without thinking. so there's not conclusion in my reply perhaps. I don't know.

What an interesting question.. I don't think I have ever considered it.

In my U.S. city, the majority of male Hindu's have average-length hair. I only see pujari with shaved heads. Most faces are clean shaved or shaved at about the 1/8" or less length. Of course, that is probably a western adoption.

I was under the impression that a completely clean shaven male Hindu head signified they were actively practicing celibacy in thought and action.

I remember sikha from Hare Krishna of a long time ago..... I was under the impression they were required to do this. In more recent times, I do not recall seeing a single sikha at ISKCon.

I was also curious about earrings. I see most male Western hindus with no earrings, as well as male Hindus in the media lacking earrings. I was under the impression the significance of earrings was to improve sight and adorn the ear to look like Om.

After karna vedha - are the earrings simply discarded after a few years in India? Why or why wouldn't you wear these?

Quote Originally Posted by charlebs View Post
    but I think everyone is beautiful, and my autistic obsession is with the way people think. I can even fall in love with a woman who dresses like a boy and shaves her hair according to male formality.
    I'm not really gay but pretty close to bisexually. I just think everyone looks very beautiful.
    I thought I would make a suggestion. There is a very large difference between sex/lust and love. When you say that you can fall in love with a woman who dresses like a boy - it's still a woman! If you also mean that you can fall in love with either a man or a woman - well, of course you can! Neither trait makes you bisexual.

I wasn't even aware that ear piercing helped with vision. I deliberately decided to have my ear pierced when I was 6, I decided to have my right ear pierced, this was viewed with prejudice, stupid kids thought that the right ear was for "fags", as they say. It's pretty impressive how mindless prejudice exists in this world!

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    I wasn't even aware that ear piercing helped with vision. I deliberately decided to have my ear pierced when I was 6, I decided to have my right ear pierced, this was viewed with prejudice, stupid kids thought that the right ear was for "fags", as they say. It's pretty impressive how mindless prejudice exists in this world!
    I have a similar story. Although, it was my left ear and I was 5. I cannot remember why I begged my parents to let me have it done. I kept it until I was about 19 and then simply forgot about it.

I believe in the actual karnavedha ceremony, the right ear is always pierced first for boys. I seem to have gotten it backwards, but you got it correct!

Modern acupuncturists also say that the earlobe is a center for the frontal cortex and vision centers of the brain. I wish I could remember which Hinduism-related text also reflected this so that I could forward you to the source.... if I find it, I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Water View Post
    What an interesting question.. I don't think I have ever considered it.

In my U.S. city, the majority of male Hindu's have average-length hair. I only see pujari with shaved heads. Most faces are clean shaved or shaved at about the 1/8" or less length. Of course, that is probably a western adoption.

I was under the impression that a completely clean shaven male Hindu head signified they were actively practicing celibacy in thought and action.

I remember sikha from Hare Krishna of a long time ago..... I was under the impression they were required to do this. In more recent times, I do not recall seeing a single sikha at ISKCon.

I was also curious about earrings. I see most male Western hindus with no earrings, as well as male Hindus in the media lacking earrings. I was under the impression the significance of earrings was to improve sight and adorn the ear to look like Om.

After karna vedha - are the earrings simply discarded after a few years in India? Why or why wouldn't you wear these?

I thought I would make a suggestion. There is a very large difference between sex/lust and love. When you say that you can fall in love with a woman who dresses like a boy - it's still a woman! If you also mean that you can fall in love with either a man or a woman - well, of course you can! Neither trait makes you bisexual.
    thanks for your attention, I don't worry about bisexually, even though I got some experience with them. but I still can't fully focus on a male or create a true obsession.
    hehe but I do love my best friend, even though he is the most strict person. he wishes to be my mother out of great concern, but I can only see him as brother.

Thread Information