Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the nature of self (not Atman self)

Re: the nature of self (not Atman self)

Namaste

I am hoping that it takes hold, what you speak of is certainly possible. As for the re-wiring, I think to put it in computer terms the state of hyper-awareness was somewhat of a restarting of the system. Sort of like installing a new operating system for the constant soul.

At this particular moment, I am feeling a pure sense of detachment. I do not feel any sense of need. By this I mean that restraint is setting in. And although my body is telling me to follow the desires, my new frame of mind is restraining (not necessarily in a harmful manner) me from doing these things.

I am also in a state of complete self awareness. I am aware of all my actions and desires and it is almost like watching myself from a slight distance, seeing how I am and how I do things. It is very interesting.

Accompanying the detachment is a non-emotional joy. A joy that cannot be described as it is. A joy that comes from commune with the divine. A joy that need not be expressed outwardly. very pleasant

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    How do we know it is taking hold ? Note your experiences in the next few days. During wake dream and sleep this sense of SELF does not diminish. You continue to be possessed of the Self as the wise say. What dos that mean ? Your frame of reference is from your Self, this is called Self-referral.
    I was hoping to hear back from you on your night time exprence. Can you advise?

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 27 February 2011 at 06:26 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Vannakam Yajvan, I was curious as to why you didn't answer

For my night experiences and the preceding hours, things reverted slightly back to normal, but with heightened awareness. Things aren't permanently changed yet, but I feel myself flowing in and out of detachment. I sometimes stop feeling completely and feel teh calmness of the universe, feel the constancy of the soul, and lose all emotion.

On occasion, I will be standing and my mind will step back and look at how I perceive events. It will see the neutrality of all actions, and I will feel no attachment to things, no desires. Desire and emotion stem from the perception of good and evil (bad), once that perception is taken from the equation, you can become detached.

However, there is something that has changed. My mind feels like it exists on two planes, one plane is this reality and I feel my body experiencing these things. But at the same time I feel Atman, the true self, and it perceives everything impartially.

This is leading to Cognitive Dissonance as I experience emotion and don't at the same time. My sleep is more emotionally filled and my sleeping consciousness is strange.

This is how things are at the moment. Please respond as you see fit. Turiya is coming I believe.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric11235 View Post
    Please respond as you see fit. Turiya is coming I believe.
    It is good to hear of your progress. You mention turīya is coming. The good news, it is there already. It is the underlying continuity, the foundation on which wake, dream, and sleep rest on.
    What is coming is more of its exposure to one's daily life. This is all good.

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 27 February 2011 at 06:51 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Vannakam

What is meant by Turiya coming, is my awareness of it. I know it is there, but I have yet to truly experience it. Which is why I say it is coming

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric11235 View Post
    Vannakam

What is meant by Turiya coming, is my awareness of it. I know it is there, but I have yet to truly experience it. Which is why I say it is coming
    I will be good for you to spend some time with the following posts;
    IMHO these offer a substantial foundation on this matter - we then can take the conversation further.

The import of turīya: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1822

Finding turīya : http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2996

Revisting turīya: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3312

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thread Information