Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: praying to lord krishna

praying to lord krishna

i was told by some random astrologer that i shouldnt be praying to lord krishna. he said that the reason im going through a hard time in life is because i pray to lord krishna. he said that im disturbing lord krishna by praying to him. if thats the case then why did lord krishna say say that i should pray to him in the gita. the reason that i pray to him is cause i had alot of question about spirituality, life and so on. when i read the gita all the question i had were answered for the first time. which led me to belive at how special and powerful the gita really is. unfortunatly i have had people come into my life and try to change my opinion on this. can anyone here help clear this up for me.

Re: praying to lord krishna

Vannakkam eshwaar;

Without knowing your specifics, I think its time you looked for a new astrologer. Rarely, if ever have I heard of a religious person asking someone else NOT to pray. I'm sure Krishna is beyond you hurting him somehow.

Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya

I'm sorry, but you're just throwing hearsay around.

- Who's this astrologer?
    - What are his spiritual practices?
    - I'm sure he had a reason to say that, but the way you present in an oversimplified fashion.

And I'm not sure what person with spiritual knowledge would say that in their right mind.

PS: EM beated me to it being clearer and more succinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam eshwaar;

Without knowing your specifics, I think its time you looked for a new astrologer. Rarely, if ever have I heard of a religious person asking someone else NOT to pray. I'm sure Krishna is beyond you hurting him somehow.

Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya
    i dont know who he is really. he was a customer from where i worked and he told me that by praying to lord krishna i was disturbing him and that is why i am going through difficulties in my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    I'm sorry, but you're just throwing hearsay around.

- Who's this astrologer?
    - I'm sure he had a reason to say that, but the way you present in an oversimplified fashion.

And I'm not sure what person with spiritual knowledge would say that in their right mind.

PS: EM beated me to it being clearer and more succinct.
    im not throwing hearsay around im simply telling you what he told me. i dont really know who this person is he just came into my life, and why he told me these things which dosent make sense to me.

Namaste,

- Who's this astrologer?
    Pietro is asking some valid questions. Maybe you could provide us with some more detail? Where did you meet this astrologer? Did you ask for a consultation, or did he just venture this information to you without properly consulting your birth chart? His advice that you should stop praying to Krishna because you are "disturbing Him" seems highly unusual. If these words make no sense to you, this is probably for a good reason.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Did he take your birth details and make elaborate calculations and took the time to interpretate the results? Was it even a Hindu astrologer? Maybe you should get a second opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post
    Namaste,

Pietro is asking some valid questions. Maybe you could provide us with some more detail? Where did you meet this astrologer? Did you ask for a consultation, or did he just venture this information to you without properly consulting your birth chart? His advice that you should stop praying to Krishna because you are "disturbing Him" seems highly unusual. If these words make no sense to you, this is probably for a good reason.

Om namah Shivaya
    - Who's this astrologer? i dont know who he is he just came up to me and started telling me that because i pray only to lord krishna that i am disturbing him, and because of this lord krishna is making my life difficult. he saod that i should be praying to the demigods instead.
    - What are his spiritual practices? i really dont know. i just know he is tamil. i only knew him a short while, really he was a costumer at a shop i worked at, and he just started telling me these things. i didnt keep in touch with him, for the simple reason that all what he said didnt make sense at all, if i shouldnt be praying to lord krishna that why did he say that i should be praying to him in the gita.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Did he take your birth details and make elaborate calculations and took the time to interpretate the results? Was it even a Hindu astrologer? Maybe you should get a second opinion.
    i didnt even know he was an astrologer, he just started telling me all kinds of stuff about me.

i didnt even know he was an astrologer, he just started telling me all kinds of stuff about me.
    Namaste,

I am still a little confused on your answers. Was anything he said about you accurate? Why are you so concerned by what this man said? For all you know, he could have been bluffing. Who is to say he is an astrologer? Did he tell you so himself?

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post
    Namaste,

I am still a little confused on your answers. Was anything he said about you accurate? Why are you so concerned by what this man said? For all you know, he could have been bluffing. Who is to say he is an astrologer? Did he tell you so himself?

Om namah Shivaya
    he did say some stuff that were accurate. but he did not have any of my birth details. i am just concerned cause why would some say somthing like that in the first place. he told me he was an astrologer, i think he was trying to convince me that i could learn astrology, he even brought his son in an showed that how he taught his son how to do it. i dont know. i just want to know why would anyone say somthing like that.

Thread Information