Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: praying to lord krishna

Re: praying to lord krishna

I don't think he is an astrologer if he did not take your birth details to make elaborate calculations and take the time to interpret them. It's more likely that you met someone who escaped from the madhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by eshwaar View Post
    i was told by some random astrologer that i shouldnt be praying to lord krishna. he said that the reason im going through a hard time in life is because i pray to lord krishna. he said that im disturbing lord krishna by praying to him. if thats the case then why did lord krishna say say that i should pray to him in the gita. the reason that i pray to him is cause i had alot of question about spirituality, life and so on. when i read the gita all the question i had were answered for the first time. which led me to belive at how special and powerful the gita really is. unfortunatly i have had people come into my life and try to change my opinion on this. can anyone here help clear this up for me.
    Namaste

KRshNa is not easy. Are you ready for KRshNa ? If yes, the astrologer and other people should not be able to deviate you from Him.

Please remember that KRshNa is your suRhd - dearmost friend, "your" as in the soul's friend. Ultimate friend. He knows what is good for you better than you do, but gives you plenty of free will as love cannot be forced.

Have you been speaking to KRshNa telling Him you are surrendered etc. ? Then it is possible that He is testing you OR helping you burn out your past karma.
    Is your devotion to Nandanandan stable despite the storms in your life ? Things "taken away" from you ?

It is one thing to read the Gita and KRshNa's description of a Bhrahma Bhuta : equipoised in heat - cold, honor - dishonor, fame infamy ...
    and another to apply it.

Are you detached from worldly things, relations, and at the same time try to be a friend of all beings ? (Hitachintak)

KRshNa may be doing you a favor by taking your attachments away. Detachment from the world and attachment to KRshNa go hand in hand and is the ultimate goal of life.

Do you want to be with KRshNa or stay in the material world ? We have to be honest.

If your nishthhaa and shraddhaa (faith) are strong, no-one can take you away from the path to KRshNa.

On the other hand, if you are not ready for your karmic reactions in life, KRshNa will let you stay in mAyA. I do not suppose you want that, but that is a solution too - just say to KRshNa that you want to stay comfortably in this world, and ask Him for wealth, relations, comfort, success, He will give it to you. Your kArmic burden will remain and you will stay in the warm and cosy world . No need to pray to other DevatAs - but it is your choice.

Govindam Adi Purusham Tam aham bhajAmi
    Hare KRshNa
    Last edited by smaranam; 19 February 2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: rephrased, edited as msg was unclear
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste Eshwar ji

I apologize if that last post sounded abrupt and my message was not clear or strange. I was in a hurry when i wrote it. I have edited it now, and this is what i wanted to say:

No one can deviate a devotee from walking towards KRshNa provided the devotion and faith are strong. The astrologer did not mean harm but was trying to "protect" you in a worldly way OR he had some ulterior motive of selling some system to you. Take it as yet another test of faith.

Hare KRshNa

What I don't get is that this astrologer basically went to this person and said "You are stalking Krishna, stop doing that."

Yes, and that he asked him to worship "demigods" instead. I wonder about this man's background and motives. Was he Hindu himself? What could have induced him to say such a strange thing?

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Namaste Eeshwar,

You are unnecessarily worried. If I would have been in your place ... I would have politely told the "astrologer" to mind his own business.

Believe me, he is just a fraud. As far as telling something of your past is concerned ... this is how some people do it to trap people. A true astrologer can never say what he said. He must be a worshipper of some demonic powers. If he has given you some really inside details which is normally not known to others, he may have some low spirit in his command & through him he can get information about you of what happened in the past. Has he given you something to worship or take extra care of ? If yes, get rid of that "thing" at some Hanuman temple. That "thing" can create all sorts of troubles for you & the troubles would disappear dramatically when that "astrologer" visits & does "something" for you.

Nearly twenty years back, once a tantrik came into my house. I offered him something to eat & then he started telling a lot of things about me and my family members. I was impressed. After this chit chat, he said that my wife had some difficult time & she might have to suffer fatally if something was not done immediately. He also said that there was something wrong in my stars which was stopping me from gaining great heights in my career. He asked me to do some special "Pooja" etc. by some good tantrik. The indication was that I should request him to do that for me. He said that the cost would be nearly Rs. 500/- or like that which was not a big some for me though it was not so small too, nearly twenty years back. I thanked him for all those information and handed him Rs. 101/- & said that he should not worry for me as I had full faith in God & He wanted me or my wife to suffer ... so be it ... but I didn't want to get into anything like this. By God's grace, barring a few exceptions, my wife is having a good healthy life till today & I got fully satisfying success in my career without doing anything like what he offered.

My advice is :

Leave everything to God. Be ready to face anything if it comes on the way to God. Please don't stop praying to Krishna ... it can't be auspicious.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

7. Re: praying to lord krishna

he did say some stuff that were accurate. but he did not have any of my birth details. i am just concerned cause why would some say somthing like that in the first place. he told me he was an astrologer, i think he was trying to convince me that i could learn astrology, he even brought his son in an showed that how he taught his son how to do it. i dont know. i just want to know why would anyone say somthing like that.
    If he come to you again then ask him, no Hindu will say to stop praying Krishna.

Yajvan is Astrologer here, and he too will have no idea why should anybody stop praying Sri Krishan
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Namaste

KRshNa is not easy. Are you ready for KRshNa ? If yes, the astrologer and other people should not be able to deviate you from Him.

Please remember that KRshNa is your suRhd - dearmost friend, "your" as in the soul's friend. Ultimate friend. He knows what is good for you better than you do, but gives you plenty of free will as love cannot be forced.

Have you been speaking to KRshNa telling Him you are surrendered etc. ? Then it is possible that He is testing you OR helping you burn out your past karma.
    Is your devotion to Nandanandan stable despite the storms in your life ? Things "taken away" from you ?

It is one thing to read the Gita and KRshNa's description of a Bhrahma Bhuta : equipoised in heat - cold, honor - dishonor, fame infamy ...
    and another to apply it.

Are you detached from worldly things, relations, and at the same time try to be a friend of all beings ? (Hitachintak)

KRshNa may be doing you a favor by taking your attachments away. Detachment from the world and attachment to KRshNa go hand in hand and is the ultimate goal of life.

Do you want to be with KRshNa or stay in the material world ? We have to be honest.

If your nishthhaa and shraddhaa (faith) are strong, no-one can take you away from the path to KRshNa.

On the other hand, if you are not ready for your karmic reactions in life, KRshNa will let you stay in mAyA. I do not suppose you want that, but that is a solution too - just say to KRshNa that you want to stay comfortably in this world, and ask Him for wealth, relations, comfort, success, He will give it to you. Your kArmic burden will remain and you will stay in the warm and cosy world . No need to pray to other DevatAs - but it is your choice.

Govindam Adi Purusham Tam aham bhajAmi
    Hare KRshNa
    but what if i want to have all the material benifits of this world and yet still be close to sri krsna? kinda messed up if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Namaste Eshwar ji

I apologize if that last post sounded abrupt and my message was not clear or strange. I was in a hurry when i wrote it. I have edited it now, and this is what i wanted to say:

No one can deviate a devotee from walking towards KRshNa provided the devotion and faith are strong. The astrologer did not mean harm but was trying to "protect" you in a worldly way OR he had some ulterior motive of selling some system to you. Take it as yet another test of faith.

Hare KRshNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    What I don't get is that this astrologer basically went to this person and said "You are stalking Krishna, stop doing that."
    i dont know i think he was a crook. i have a tendancey to draw crooks into my life.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post
    Yes, and that he asked him to worship "demigods" instead. I wonder about this man's background and motives. Was he Hindu himself? What could have induced him to say such a strange thing?

Om namah Shivaya
    i have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste Eeshwar,

You are unnecessarily worried. If I would have been in your place ... I would have politely told the "astrologer" to mind his own business.

Believe me, he is just a fraud. As far as telling something of your past is concerned ... this is how some people do it to trap people. A true astrologer can never say what he said. He must be a worshipper of some demonic powers. If he has given you some really inside details which is normally not known to others, he may have some low spirit in his command & through him he can get information about you of what happened in the past. Has he given you something to worship or take extra care of ? If yes, get rid of that "thing" at some Hanuman temple. That "thing" can create all sorts of troubles for you & the troubles would disappear dramatically when that "astrologer" visits & does "something" for you.

Nearly twenty years back, once a tantrik came into my house. I offered him something to eat & then he started telling a lot of things about me and my family members. I was impressed. After this chit chat, he said that my wife had some difficult time & she might have to suffer fatally if something was not done immediately. He also said that there was something wrong in my stars which was stopping me from gaining great heights in my career. He asked me to do some special "Pooja" etc. by some good tantrik. The indication was that I should request him to do that for me. He said that the cost would be nearly Rs. 500/- or like that which was not a big some for me though it was not so small too, nearly twenty years back. I thanked him for all those information and handed him Rs. 101/- & said that he should not worry for me as I had full faith in God & He wanted me or my wife to suffer ... so be it ... but I didn't want to get into anything like this. By God's grace, barring a few exceptions, my wife is having a good healthy life till today & I got fully satisfying success in my career without doing anything like what he offered.

My advice is :

Leave everything to God. Be ready to face anything if it comes on the way to God. Please don't stop praying to Krishna ... it can't be auspicious.

OM
    i saw another pundit and he wanted me to do all kinds of pooja and brought some black lady called the mother to draw out the spirit from me. whatever that meant. and guess what he wanted $2000 from me. the weird part was after the meeting he keep on looking for me, that when i comformed it that he was a crook looking for money.

Quote Originally Posted by PARAM View Post
    If he come to you again then ask him, no Hindu will say to stop praying Krishna.

Yajvan is Astrologer here, and he too will have no idea why should anybody stop praying Sri Krishan
    that the weird part i cant understsand why would someone say something like that. that the first ive heard someone say dont pray to sri krsna. im not worried i just want answers thats all.

but what if i want to have all the material benifits of this world and yet still be close to sri krsna?
    KRushNa loves you anyway

Just live in the bliss of His Leelas with you, sing His glories (for your own happiness), and don't be too attached to the material. Take one step towards Him, He will take N towards you.

KRushNa is bhakta-vatsal, He runs to the rescue of His devotees just as He saved Maharaj Parikshit in UttarA's womb. That is why devotees care less - come what may.

He Gopal Radha Krishna Govind Govind

JanmAshtami special: hAthi ghodA pAlkhi jai kanhaiyA lAl ki

Jay rAdhA-mAdhav kunjabihAri
    gopijana-vallabha girivardhAri
    yashonandana brajajanaranjana
    yamunAteera vanachAri

that the weird part i cant understsand why would someone say something like that. that the first ive heard someone say dont pray to sri krsna.
    He was afraid that KRshNa will protect your intelligence and you will see through: either the scam if there was one OR the futility of his recommended ways (of some specific pujas and praying to other devtas).

BG 10.7: One who is factually convinced of this opulence and mystic power of Mine engages in unalloyed devotional service; of this there is no doubt.

BG 10.8: I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts.

BG 10.9: The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me.

BG 10.10: To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.

BG 10.11: To show them special mercy, I, dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge the darkness born of ignorance.

Namaste.

I'm new to Sanatana Dharma, so I can't provide in-depth advice, but this astrologer's statement seems quite unusual to me. Lord Krishna is pure love and is always pleased with our prayers. I would simply let it go and continue to pray to Lord Krishna with an unfettered heart.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya.

Thread Information