Thread: I Need Help...Something Wonderful and Terrible simultaneously

I Need Help...Something Wonderful and Terrible simultaneously

Vannakam

Perhaps I should not speak of it, but it is affecting me in the most magnificent terrifying way and I need someone to walk me through it.

My problem is as such:
    Nothing has changed outwardly, demeanour, thoughts, etc.

However, I'm feeling the entirety of the universe, I am hyper-aware of my surroundings, I am aware of everything I do, every thought that passes through my mind, every feeling. I feel the smallest atoms dancing around me. I feel the largest supercluster. But I do not feel it in terms of sense, I feel it in my soul.

I have no idea what this is. If someone could help me through this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for anyone who replies to this.

Namaste

Re: I Need Help...Something Wonderful and Terrible simultaneously

Vannakkam Eric: Sounds like a beautiful Aha! moment. Others have had them too. There is an energy, some call it God, some call it other names, that truly pervades all form. It sounds like you have gone beyond a mere intellectual understanding of this, and felt it. Some have, some haven't.

At the very core of you is the same energy. It has to be there because it pervades EVERYTHING. Every atom of your body is scintillating with electricity. Heightened awareness as you describes happens when we KNOW it, FEEL it. The masters, great sages, SatGurus, etc. feel it ALL the time, or so I've been told.

It's very non-intellectual, and covered up by anava, maya, ego, intellect, argument, analysis, emotion, attachment, and all that.

If I were you, I wouldn't bother trying to analyze it, I'd just enjoy it for what it is.

Best wishes. You've inspired me to go for a walk. With luck, I may be able to kindle up a similar feeling.

Aum Namasivaya

Vannakam EM.

Thank you, I was just frightened because the feeling came rather suddenly and without warning. The feeling of pure awareness has shifted to a detachment of sorts. Desires are there, but restraint is beginning to take hold. It is only a matter of time until I can let go of desires entirely.

Namaste

Watch this moment closely. Whenever your mind doubts everything, use it! She won't stand a chance!

I agree..enjoy this moment, this feeling, allow it engulf you. Do not be afraid, just remember God.

How wonderful!

~S

Namaste Eric,

Very interesting. I have had this feeling as well, but only when I'm meditating and sometimes when praying. I've never really had this feeling to the extent that you're describing outside of meditation or prayer. But it's definitely a good thing, and I agree that you should just enjoy it and savor the feeling!

Jai Sri Ram

Vannakam All.

I think the feeling was somewhat of a reformatting of my minds software (but not necessarily removing everything). It was a powerful experience, but I believe it was only a side effect before becoming detached and attaining temporary enlightenment.

I say enlightenment in the sense that all desire ceased and I felt immense inner peace caused by the joy of non-feeling and no desires. I was also able to clearly view how desire affects every aspect of life and was able for a short while to maintain restraint of those desires.

At this moment I am in between detachment and connection to the worldly. So I will work to attain this feeling again, and hopefully it will stick.

Thank you all for the comments

Namaste

You do not have control on such experiences, you only have control on your sadhana. Therefore, focus on your sadhana and don't dwell on transient experiences.

Vannakam Sahasranama

the feeling I was referring to was the feeling of detachment from the worldly, and the peace brought about by it. Sorry if that was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    You do not have control on such experiences, you only have control on your sadhana. Therefore, focus on your sadhana and don't dwell on transient experiences.
    I agree. The Self (Atman/Brahman) is not an experience or a feeling as such because the Self is changeless and beyond time. That is not to say that there are not varied experiences in life, but if it is the influence of pleasure (or desire) and pain (or fear) from which we wish to be free, then knowing one's Self is said to be liberating.

Thread Information