Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hinduize politics and militarize Hindus!

Hinduize politics and militarize Hindus!

"Hinduize politics and militarize Hindus!" - Veer Savarkar gave this call as the only means of salvation for our mother land. 72 years later, I think this is still the only means of survival of India and Hinduism. Sooner the acharyas and seers of our religion wake upto this and discard "spiritual-only" interpretation and application of religion, to include politics and society as intergral part of their religion, better is our chance of survival.

Hindutva politics post savarkar has always been divorced from main stream Hindu spirituality and religion and was thus deemed for failure. RSS don't have a single meditational or spiritual aspect in its training. Everything is physical and intellectual. Yet they claim they are representing Hindus - the most spiritual society in the history of civilizations.

Now our spirituality, religion and its temples are failing as the common masses move to the lure of Xianity and Islam, simply because Hinduism is not involved in day to day life and socio politics of the people of the land. This was the syndrome that spet death on Buddhism. If Hinduism also takes this intellectual-spiritual path, it is doomed to meet the same fate.

For examples, if only temples had cattered a little more to than just prayers and donations of the public, and had taken active interest and guidance in the local community issues and politics, conversion would have been impossible. Only Hindus have been duped by secularism and has completely separated religion and politics. This was never originally so. All the other communities take direct political inspiration from their religion.

Spiritualism and Nationalism must go hand in hand and at par with same importance. Right now I can see only one Hindu popular saint preaching this actively without fear. But most of the rest are too concerned about their image.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Re: Hinduize politics and militarize Hindus!

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4504/clapc.gif

Concern with what society might think is the ultimate killer of the original potency of internal contents.

SM, on another thread someone quoted this Aurobindo phrase:

Nationalism is of the highest form of Spirituality.
    However, I'm not sure I philosophically understand why.

Only Hindus have been duped by secularism and has completely separated religion and politics. This was never originally so. All the other communities take direct political inspiration from their religion.

True, even in the Netherlands there are so many popular political parties that are Christian. We have the Christian Democrats, the Christian Union, the State Reformed Party, the party of freedom which is based on Judeo-Christian culture and the party for animals which is founded on seventh day avenists' principles, there is even a muslim party. There are around a 100 000 hindus, no political party for Hindus though.

I think politics in any country would be better of discarding the abrahamitic mindset and adopting a dharmic mentality, that would be better for everyone.

Spiritualism and Nationalism must go hand in hand and at par with same importance. Right now I can see only one Hindu popular saint preaching this actively without fear. But most of the rest are too concerned about their image.

What is his name, is he still alive?
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 21 February 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    Only Hindus have been duped by secularism and have completely separated religion and politics.
    Why, O why, more Hindus don't realize this?

Sharia law is being practiced in many parts of Kerala. The biggest mosque is going to go up in Kerala soon, dwarfing all the Hindu temples. The message from this mosque is not going to be one of love and brotherhood, but of conversion marriages and militancy. That will surely embolden the Islamic forces in the other Southern states as well. Northern tip of the nation is already in turmoil. What we are witnessing are the beginnings of a repeat of the same at the Southern tip as well. So much for Hinduism in a Hindu nation, ruled by Xitians!
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    However, I'm not sure I philosophically understand why.
    Well, when you have evolved spiritually completely there is little to attain for oneself. This zeal for moksha and liberation is only valid for the unawakened. Even with little awakening, I think it becomes clear there is little to be achieved or discarded for onesef.

This is the reason why buddhas saw the necessity of mahayana system, for liberation for oneself only is immature & selfish if liberation is indeed key to all suffering. This is the reason why yogis spend there life meditating for the well being of the world and blessing the world, leaving their liberating energy when the leave the planet for all to benefit form. The concept of siddha pitha is nothing but availibility of healing & liberating energy available for all.

So if you can grasp why liberation for oneself only maynot be the highest or most mature ideal, then what Sri Aurobindo said makes sense. One can take vows like Mahayana buddhists or do Tapas for well being of others - but Nationalism is the most direct means of achieving this.

We stay as we are only if our nation stays that way. Every human has the ability to realize the infinite within oneself, so the scripture says. So we probably wouldn't help them much by just taking vows. By merely doing our bid to keep the society in a condition which fosters and gives the freedom for spiritual development of its population is more practical.

When we want to grow a tree, we don't grow it by meditating hard for its growth, taking vows etc - but merely providing water, shed and other right conditions. Similarly if we want spirittual (and material) emancipiation of our fellow human beings, the only concrete thing we can do is to ensure that out Nation remains a right sort of environment. This is only possible by Nationalism and Politics. This is the reason why it is so important and on par with spirituality.

Mahayana vows, or meditating for world peace are good ideals but stays as ideals. Nationalism is a concrete and practical implication of these ideals.

If tomorrow, India turns into an Afganisthan, where will the Yogis go to meditate? Where will the pujaris offer their sacrifices? Will there be any hope of spiritual emancipiation for the population.

Those who believe and experience spirituality cannot be universalist or anti-nationalist or even neutralists. We see so many neutralists and universalists in spiritual garb because they are yet to be spiritual. They are just aspiring for liberation and have caught hold of convinient life denying ideal (many such floating around).

A realized person will not sit around a watch the destruction of humanity, he will act like Rama and Krishna did. Some may prefer to take vows and meditate for saving humanity, but the more practical and wise ones will urge for real action in the sphere of polictics and nationalism.

I am not a great fan of Sri Aurobindo, but some of what he says does challange some of the age old cobwebs that have gathered around Hindu thought through centuries of stagnation.

As I said, spirituality, religion and politics can hardly be separate. Human life is one, better not compartmentalize it into separate buckets.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post

What is his name, is he still alive?
    Baba Ramdev ?

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    "Hinduize politics and militarize Hindus!" - Veer Savarkar gave this call as the only means of salvation for our mother land. 72 years later, I think this is still the only means of survival of India and Hinduism. Sooner the acharyas and seers of our religion wake upto this and discard "spiritual-only" interpretation and application of religion, to include politics and society as intergral part of their religion, better is our chance of survival.

Hindutva politics post savarkar has always been divorced from main stream Hindu spirituality and religion and was thus deemed for failure. RSS don't have a single meditational or spiritual aspect in its training. Everything is physical and intellectual. Yet they claim they are representing Hindus - the most spiritual society in the history of civilizations.

Now our spirituality, religion and its temples are failing as the common masses move to the lure of Xianity and Islam, simply because Hinduism is not involved in day to day life and socio politics of the people of the land. This was the syndrome that spet death on Buddhism. If Hinduism also takes this intellectual-spiritual path, it is doomed to meet the same fate.

For examples, if only temples had cattered a little more to than just prayers and donations of the public, and had taken active interest and guidance in the local community issues and politics, conversion would have been impossible. Only Hindus have been duped by secularism and has completely separated religion and politics. This was never originally so. All the other communities take direct political inspiration from their religion.

Veer Savarkar was a true genius; an icon of India.

I agree with your assessment and suggestions that the temples need to be more involved in the community. This can only happen when the temples are privatized. As long as they are controlled by the rat govt., there is no hope.

namaste everyone.

Worshipping mother goddess is an inherent part of our religion, dharma and culture. BhArata MAtA is the mother of all Hindus. I think we should motivate and popularize worship of BhArata MAtA in temples, Ashrams, community worship and specifically at the home of every Hindu.

Let us collect hymns to her in all Indian languages in this thread, plan to have a picture in our puja rooms and start worshipping her, praying to her to give us the strength and unity to save the religion, dharma and culture of this ancient nation.

Seems I need to buy and read books like this:
    The Goddess and the Nation: Mapping Mother India By Sumathi Ramaswamy
    http://books.google.com/books?id=OWf...orship&f=false

Here is my first contribution of a very popular song in CarnAtik music:
    jayati jayati bhArata mAtA budha gItA
    Lyric:
    http://www.karnatik.com/c1139.shtml
    Meaning:
    http://www.rasikas.org/forum/viewtop...t=4645&p=69040
    Song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_rUDTJbqVo

A small step for a common Hindu could eventually be a great leap for the Hindu nation.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Simple solution.

Ship all Muslim males to Gulf Arabia. The whole lot of them. Their fellow Muslim 'brothers' can have them. Their Ummah can be more united this way.

And have the Muslim females behind to work and fill the gaps that are needed in manpower. Not forced labour, but only those available jobs should be allowed for them, so naturally they will have to choose them.

India prospers. Muslim %age reduces.

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    namaste everyone.

Worshipping mother goddess is an inherent part of our religion, dharma and culture. BhArata MAtA is the mother of all Hindus. I think we should motivate and popularize worship of BhArata MAtA in temples, Ashrams, community worship and specifically at the home of every Hindu.

Let us collect hymns to her in all Indian languages in this thread, plan to have a picture in our puja rooms and start worshipping her, praying to her to give us the strength and unity to save the religion, dharma and culture of this ancient nation.

Seems I need to buy and read books like this:
    The Goddess and the Nation: Mapping Mother India By Sumathi Ramaswamy
    http://books.google.com/books?id=OWf...orship&f=false

Here is my first contribution of a very popular song in CarnAtik music:
    jayati jayati bhArata mAtA budha gItA
    Lyric:
    http://www.karnatik.com/c1139.shtml
    Meaning:
    http://www.rasikas.org/forum/viewtop...t=4645&p=69040
    Song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_rUDTJbqVo

A small step for a common Hindu could eventually be a great leap for the Hindu nation.
    Namaste saidevoji,

What an excellent idea! I have never prayed to Bharata Mata before, but now I will incorporate it into my sadhana.

Here is the Ekatmata stotra:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIhM5_3bRF8

The prayer in your signature is great as well.

Bharata Mata ki Jai

Thread Information