Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: interracial marriage

Re: interracial marriage

Vannakkam Believer: Don't get me wrong here. In the west, any sense of 'validity elsewhere' is welcomed so for Joe westerner universalism is a step up but for traditional Hindus its a step down.

Universalism, after all, is far more open than a dogmatic, 'we are the only way' you're all going to hell mindset of others. It is also a step up from the no religion at all group as that one doesn't require much inner thinking at all. So in that sense I commend them. Basically they're Hindus who haven't yet seen the reasons for discarding certain invalid thoughts, or found the personal disciplines required for tradition.

On a deeper intuitive level. I see universalism as a step in the right direction, perhaps lasting a lifetime or two, in the evolution of the soul towards some valid sampradaya within SD. But hey its just one man's thoughts here.

Aum Namasivaya

namaste EM and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    I think a really strong religious Hindu of Indian descent would be wiser to bless a daughter's marriage to a white Hindu than an Indian Christian. This is mostly because race is superficial whereas religion is much deeper.
    Is it easy for an imigrant Indian Hindu to marry a native white Hindu in the US or Canada, since that would earn permanent citizenship for the Indian spouse? Do the laws have such provisions for the wedding license?

In India, I think, the Marraige Registrar's office requires a no objection letter from the embassy of the country and proof that the white person has not married earlier.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

I agree with you EM.

Vannakkam Saidevo: Good point. I was more thinking of an Indian Hindu here already, not from India. The government here in Canada (I don't know about US) does watch it and has a few regulations as false marriage is indeed used as a method of immigration, unfortunately. But this can be done regardless of race or religion of course. No truly religious person would ever do such an unscrupulous thing towards another person, but yes there are suckers born every minute.

Over on the travel forum Indiamike, people who start out with, "I'm an American girl marrying an Indian guy" usually get bombarded with a few warnings right away. There was an investigative journalism report recently on our national network about it. Mostly the naive and vulnerable victims got caught by it, but not just from India, but other countries as well, especially Eastern European.

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 25 February 2011 at 11:04 AM.

Vannakkam Saidevo et al: Here is the Canadian government's page on marriage fraud.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...d/marriage.asp

In my opinion, although they may say the officers are well trained, in actuality they aren't. They're well trained on the idea of traditional western style love marriage, but not on the idea of arranged marriage. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps Satay knows more.

Aum Namasivaya

Inter-varna marriage is best, but varna transcends race.

Namaste,

To say that I am appalled by what has been mentioned in this thread would be an understatement. It is amazing that even in the 21st c. these narrow-sighted views are being held. How twisted is the mind that criticizes abrahamic religions which do not frown upon admixture of castes/races. How have NRI parents failed, bhai? So what if a Hindu marries outside of caste and religion? Why is a white Hindu better than an Indian Christian? I didn't know this forum has surveyed the personality of each and every single white Hindu and Indian Christian to reach this conclusion.

Hari Om
    Last edited by hesh86; 05 February 2012 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hesh86 View Post
    Namaste,

To say that I am appalled by what has been mentioned in this thread would be an understatement. It is amazing that even in the 21st c. these narrow-sighted views are being held. How twisted is the mind that criticizes abrahamic religions which do not frown upon admixture of castes/races. How have NRI parents failed, bhai? So what if a Hindu marries outside of caste and religion? Why is a white Hindu better than an Indian Christian? I didn't know this forum has surveyed the personality of each and every single white Hindu and Indian Christian to reach this conclusion.

Shame on you all.

Hari Om
    Vannakkam: The comments above yours were within the context of whether or not the marriage would be a lasting loving successful marriage, and at least in my case, based on personal observation, not some outdated chauvinistic attitude, as I believe you are suggesting. Of course you're welcome to hold differing opinions.

I wish there were stats somewhere on 'reasons given for divorce' . I will have a look around. Maybe that will support or disprove the 'conjecture'.

Editted to add link: http://www.religioustolerance.org/ifm_divo.htm Not necessarily relaible, but this site pointed to interfaith marriage as being 50% less likely to survive than same faith marriages.

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 04 February 2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: addition

Namaste,

Why is a white Hindu better than an Indian Christian?.

Hari Om
    A white hindu doesnt sneer at my faith, an Indian Christian makes it her/his business to save my soul. On a sidenote an western christian is far better than an Indian christian. So therefore I encourage you to think favorably about your choice you stated sometime back, even if it means going against your parents wish. Imagine you marrying someone else in acooradance with their choice and selection and end up dumping your present friend, what would happen in future? You will start hating your parents. Instead you go ahead and marry the one you like, then in that case they may hate you (at least for sometime) but you dont. You still keep loving them. The latter scenario is more peaceful than the former, believe me. PS: A free advice is free as such can be trashed without a second look. Namaste.

Why is a white Hindu better than an Indian Christian?
    This can be answered from two perspectives.

(1)For Hinduism: For the sake of Hinduism, it is obvious that a Hindu is better than a Xian. Numbers game, everyone seems to be playing it these days, so why shouldnt Hindus?

(2)For India: For the sake of India, it is also obvious that a Hindu (white or otherwise) is better than a Xian.

The Xian has no place to identify with in India. If anything, just like the Mohammedan, he only has a heritage of slaughter and bloodshed to look up to. From the apocryphal Acts of Thomas, to the Goan Inquisition, to the Jesuit destruction of temples in Goa and Pondicherry, to the destroyed temples at Somnath, Ayodhya, Kashi and Mathura, to the destroyed university of Nalanda, the Abrahamic identifies with invaders and barbarians who let flow a stream of blood along the length and breadth of India. This identity with the invaders makes the Indian Abrahamic an active member of the 5th column.

We Hindus in India are paying tax payer money for the Indian Xian to go on a pilgrimage to Bethlehem and for the Indian Mohammedan to go round and round the Kaaba come Hajj season.

Simple really.

Thread Information