Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corruption is the biggest problem

Corruption is the biggest problem

Corruption is the biggest problem of India today. India ranks 87th in the world corruption index, the countries occupying 1 to 86 are least corrupt as compared to India.

It is high time, Indians fight corruption and improve its image in global arena.

All the best
    'Let Noble Thoughts come to us from all sides' Ц Rigveda 1-89-i.

Re: Corruption is the biggest problem

Vannakkam RVR:

Now I am wondering how in the world you can measure corruption in all its multifaceted forms? For example, isn't an oil company that makes a large political contribution to an oil-friendly politician during an election a form of corruption?

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam RVR:

Now I am wondering how in the world you can measure corruption in all its multifaceted forms? For example, isn't an oil company that makes a large political contribution to an oil-friendly politician during an election a form of corruption?

Aum Namasivaya
    Yes it is also a corruption no doubt, but when it becomes such rampant as it has become now in India wherein every UPA government spending seems to smell rotten - from allocation of flats, to mobile tenders, to defence contracts, to import of food grains. Nothing has been spared, and every avenue to ransack taxpayers money seems to have been utilized by this government - I think we are now on par or worse than the Arab countries. Corruption and bribery have always been part of Arab culture and religion - not so for Hindus. Hence it is even more alarming.

When mind is corrupted it doesn;t stop at monetery corrption only and can take any corrput decision to undermine the interest of the nation in variety of ways and this indeed is happening all the time in India. Indirect support of conversion activities under the grab of dravidian polictics or dalit emancipiation is just extension of economic & financial corruption.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Vannakkam sm78:

Recognising a problem and then being able to act upon it using actions that will create actual change are two different things. It will be interesting to see if the protests in the middle East will have any real long term effects, or if indeed one corrupt system is just replaced by another corrupt system. It may look different for awhile, but in time, often it comes to the same old same old.

On an individual level, joining in protest campaigns such as letter writing, and refusing to pay graft of any kind are all I can think of. Not acting is no different than listening to a dripping faucet for several years.

All I do here is attempt to vote for the party that I see (and my observation could be wrong) as the least corrupt.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam sm78:

Recognising a problem and then being able to act upon it using actions that will create actual change are two different things. It will be interesting to see if the protests in the middle East will have any real long term effects, or if indeed one corrupt system is just replaced by another corrupt system. It may look different for awhile, but in time, often it comes to the same old same old.
    Aum Namasivaya
    In case of middle east the result will be simple, an oppressive Islamic regime like what has already happened in Iran & Iraq.

The Lebanon dictator was an Islamicist himself openly supporting Islamic terrorism, hence there is massive boodshed to dethrone him. Egypt's corrupt supremo was after all an US ally and not an Islamic fundamentalist, so he went away quite easily. Now it is evident the the "Islamic Brotherhood" is calling the shots in new Egypt.

The entire muslim civilization around the world is just becoming more and more extremist and more prepared for confontration with the rest of the world, whether through violent cease of power or by seemingly democratic uprisings.

All this only gives more reason to crusade for Hinduism, since world is running out of options and fundamentalism is winning (often in guise of democratic uprising). You cannot blame the muslim world. They only know one thing which they regard as truth viz Islam.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Namaste all,

I have also been hearing about the high levels of corruption in India. The question is, how can this corruption be stopped or severely setback?

I don't know much about specific cases or instances of corruption, but what are the causes of corruption? Greed is definitely a big cause. Honesty and spirituality can offset greed, and those traits can be found in Sanatana Dharma. Perhaps these politicians and whoever else committing the corruption need to be more religious and faithful in Sanatana Dharma? I'm sure there was little corruption in the glory days of India. But after all, we are in Kali Yuga...

Jai Sri Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Namaste all,

I have also been hearing about the high levels of corruption in India. The question is, how can this corruption be stopped or severely setback?

I don't know much about specific cases or instances of corruption, but what are the causes of corruption? Greed is definitely a big cause. Honesty and spirituality can offset greed, and those traits can be found in Sanatana Dharma. Perhaps these politicians and whoever else committing the corruption need to be more religious and faithful in Sanatana Dharma? I'm sure there was little corruption in the glory days of India. But after all, we are in Kali Yuga...

Jai Sri Ram
    Vannakkam: Indeed it is tough to spiritualise the wealthy and corrupt, for their minds are filled with the fear of poverty. It seems from that mindset, enough is never enough. There are a few billionaires like Buffet who seem, at least from some perspectives, to be quite altruistic. Even when governments attempt to legislate against accumulation of wealth, the wealthy and corrupt find ways around it. Sometimes I believe it does take a groundswell in the masses in protest. But organising the already disorganised is also no easy task. Indeed it is the kali yuga.

One thing is clear though: complaining without action is a get nowhere path.

I often wonder if I could walk the walk myself if say, I won the lottery. But that won't happen, since I don't buy tickets.

Aum Namasivaya

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namastщ

The definition of corruption is "the abuse of entrusted power for private gain", so says Transparency International.
    They are the one's that created the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) as I understand it.

Ignorance breeds corruption. How so? It is ignorance that is in search of 'private gain'.

One can continue to put the offenders in jail, vote them out of office, rebel, and the like. Yet that does not prevent the problem.

selfish breeds corruption
    Self-full eliminates corruption

praām
    рдпрддрд╕реНрддреНрд╡рдВ рд╢рд┐рд╡рд╕рдореЛрд╜рд╕рд┐
    yatastvaс╣Б ┼Ыivasamo'si
    because you are identical with ┼Ыiva

_

Namaste Yajvanji et al,

Indeed ignorance is a great cause of corruption as well. I think everything just goes back to basic morality. Of course one can have morals without being religious, but I chose Sanatana Dharma specifically as a solution because it is the most encompassing moral outline and I assume most of these corrupt people are Hindus (in name only perhaps) or lapsed Hindus. Of course, I could be wrong, as there could be a lot of Christians, Muslims, and others.

But the bottom line is that some sort of moral and ethical outlook by these people would greatly decrease corruption. The question is how to get them there. One can argue that it is simply human nature and the tendency of man to lean towards corruption, but why is this at such remarkably high levels in India? Is it a lack of serious regulations and oversight? Or perhaps a lack of enforcement? Or perhaps the people who try to prevent the corruption end up becoming corrupt themselves...Regardless, this is not a good reflection or image for India to have.

Jai Sri Ram

Dr.Subramanian Swamy's exposure of the 2-G spectraum scandal:
    http://www.kanchiforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2707
    рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдХрд░рдзреМрддрдкрджрд╛рдВ рд╣рд┐рдорд╛рд▓рдпрдХрд┐рд░реАрдЯрд┐рдиреАрдореН ред
    рдмреНрд░рд╣реНрдорд░рд╛рдЬрд░реНрд╖рд┐рд░рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдвреНрдпрд╛рдВ рд╡рдиреНрджреЗ рднрд╛рд░рддрдорд╛рддрд░рдореН рее

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Thread Information