Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 2011 Cricket World Cup

Re: 2011 Cricket World Cup

It's interesting how sports and the sense of nationality that arises from victories manifests a strong feeling of accomplishment and congregational bliss. Perhaps the union of thought from many converging into one generates this, somewhat like realizing Brahman. However Bhagavan (iconic athlete, team leader) and an accompanying entourage is the catalyzer of this process.

Just speculating...

Congrats India,it was the fruit of collective prayer of 1 billion people.i was thinking its stupid to pray at lord for such silly things. but when sachin,shewag got out and there was pin drop silence. i was doing my puja and first time prayed for an Indian win as it will make 1 billion people mourned for a week.

god listened,INDIA HURRAY......
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

Smile Re: 2011 Cricket World Cup

It was an amazing match and really quality cricket. Excellent fielding in particular by India. The target was not really small and Sehwag/Sachin being dismissed so early was worrying, but Dhoni really saved the best for the last; epic innings there together with Gambhir and Yuvraj. That winning sixer is simply epic. Kudos to Sri Lanka for putting up a formidable fight. We really deserved it... especially for Sachin! I loved what Kohli said about him; so true.

Namaste,
    Yes, I could not believe that Virat said that. It was so spontaneous and natural. Smart kid.

For me Virat as the name suggest summed it up, brought a tear or two in the eyes.

"This goes out to all the people of India. This is my first World Cup; I can't ask for more. Tendulkar has carried the burden of nation for 21 years; It was time we carried him. Chak de India!" Virat Kohli leads the Tendulkar tributes

Jai Shree Krishna
    satay

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste,
    Yes, I could not believe that Virat said that. It was so spontaneous and natural. Smart kid.
    Yes one to watch for the future

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Thread Information